Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Default Face Template Replacements

by Starlit Posted 30th Aug 2007 at 5:19 AM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#2 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 6:10 AM
Great Job! Your work definitely paid off >^.^< Thanks for sharing!!!

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 7:06 AM
Yay! Just what I need! The replacement I use makes every sim so similar, but I hate Maxis' originals, they're so ugly!
Thanks bunches!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 7:10 AM
These look good. Would you please tell which faces are in which photo? For example, the photo named starlit_1 is faces XX to XX. Are the faces presented in numerical order? I want to pick out certain face typess; I have a mixture of creators for my templates folder.
Thanks.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 7:20 AM
Are their noses really big or am I just not used to it? Otherwise, they look nice and not too similar to one another. I might download it later.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 12:02 PM
Just a question ... what skin and eyes default replacements do you use?
Alchemist
#7 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 1:00 PM
I like these! Like debbycus, my current replacements make townies look too much alike as if they're all twins. I'll give 'em a try! Thank you for your work :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 1:12 PM
Lovely! I like how not every face is the same: my current face replacements make every sim look related to one another. So, thanks for this and I can't wait to use it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lilym29
These look good. Would you please tell which faces are in which photo? For example, the photo named starlit_1 is faces XX to XX. Are the faces presented in numerical order? I want to pick out certain face typess; I have a mixture of creators for my templates folder.
Thanks.

Sure! Sorry, I didn't think to include that for some reason. When I figure out how to edit the main post I'll put it there, buuut for now:

Starlit 1 : Male and Female; Heart through Cmas
Starlit 2: Male and Female; Eafr through Eeas
Starlit 3: Male and Female; Ecer through Caus
Starlit 4: Male and Female; Ccel through Cpol
Starlit 5: Male and Female; Csla through Etge

When I have more time (and if it's an option) I'll go back and edit the pictures to show which is which. Sorry about the confusion!

Darlene, where are you going?
To get Daria.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 6:19 PM
I was curious, but did you do all ages for 21(cper) & 25(csla)? I was using this from a previous default replacement. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9028.0.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nvenya
I was curious, but did you do all ages for 21(cper) & 25(csla)? I was using this from a previous default replacement. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9028.0.html

The files are included, but they won't show up. I didn't find out how to do that until after the files were all done (so... I basically found out last night. O.o)

Darlene, where are you going?
To get Daria.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 1:59 AM
It's certainly not a big deal and I'm used to not using those faces because of Maxis. I think your faces look great and I thank you.
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 3:00 AM
Thank you for sharing your hard work.
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 3:27 AM
Very different. I'm gonna try these out because I'm sick of my old templates making sims all look like each other. :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 6:51 PM
Thank you for making these. They saved my realistic Victorian and Modern hoods.
No more pointed ears to ruin the game. :D
Inventor
#16 Old 6th May 2008 at 6:44 PM
I use your faces for a long time and now I thought I have to tell you, that they are really good in game. The sims look unique, realistic and interesting - thank you very much for your work.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 12:53 AM
I really like the look of these, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM
how bout a all pack0.0
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:48 PM
Hi Starlit,
I'm currently in the process of converting DFRs like yours into non default for my own use. Do you have interest in adding them to your upload? At the moment I haven't converted any of your files and it takes approx. one hour to edit one of them, but if you say yes I'm happy to give you copies of them when I'm finished.