Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-With Extra Bonus- Teen, Adult and Elder Swimtrunks Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 4th Sep 2007 at 5:46 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 6:53 PM by Phaenoh

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:13 PM
Oh, I love you!
I hated those male swimtrunks, al my sims had the yellow-and-green-one, because I liked those best. Your version is wáy better, thanks
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:21 PM
Mine all had the red-orange ones. I liked those pretty colors. Now, I'll use them all again. Thats the way it should be. Why have something in your catalog if you don't use it? That logic applies to your CC why should it not apply to your Standard clothes?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:24 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! *bows down for all of eternity*
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:25 PM
I've already thanked you, but thanks again, Phaenoh! My teen, adult, and elder male Sims will no longer have to suffer with those weird Maxis swimsuits. :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:31 PM
Thank you so ... so much those swimming trunks where ugly. I don't know what the designers were thinking.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 8:56 PM
I.Love.You.

Thanks so much!!

Save the earth, its the only planet with chocolate.
Inventor
#8 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:03 PM
I'll definatly use these. I hated the maxis versions, these are a god-send, thanks

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Alchemist
#9 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:15 PM
This is too cool. Another set of clothes I absolutley hated...and you made them wearable! :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:24 PM
Yay! Your swimsuits are SO much better!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:33 PM
your a godess and i love you! ive gotten every defult packege you have made so far! any plans on modernizing the nanny outfit?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim~obsessor
your a godess and i love you! ive gotten every defult packege you have made so far! any plans on modernizing the nanny outfit?
Now I do! I also hated that one, but I tend to forget about all the NPC outfits when I'm looking for my next project. Thanks for reminding me!

I do entertain requests. Completing them is dependent on current time, skills, and my own opinions. Doesn't hurt to ask though!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:16 AM
Thank you, thank you! I think these might be my favorite of your replacements so far.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
Thank you, thank you! I think these might be my favorite of your replacements so far.
LOL! glad you like them, it took me SO LONG to get these to look like this, I went through 5 previous versions and I just 'gave up' when i got these. Thanks for making me feel better about them!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:58 AM
You give and give and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 1:43 AM Last edited by Mihura : 5th Apr 2008 at 11:18 PM.
Like Maxis ? In tones maybe but I prefer a lot your adult version than Maxis one !!! So even if I don't like alter too much the game (and use replacement) this time it's sure I will use your replacement set.
Many thanks Phaenoh !

PS : Sorry the the "t"

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 2:39 AM
Oh, wonderful! I've long been looking for a way to get rid of the ugly maxis inclusions for a lot of things, especially these swim trunks. Replacing them is just as good if not better. They were seriously UGLY. Thankyou!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 3:46 AM
I was a LITTLE worried about the extra bonus! I made my own swimsuit replacements (not global) but I like these.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silky-M
I was a LITTLE worried about the extra bonus! I made my own swimsuit replacements (not global) but I like these.
The bonus was the YA suits being enabled for regular Adults. Glad you like them though!
Scholar
#20 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:17 AM
I usually use Windkeeper's ones but it's time for a change! Thanks Phaenoh!
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:41 AM
I loved your replacement - the Maxis' trunks are too ugly, and yours are more than welcome!I'm looking right now your other default replacements, and you can count on my "thanks" in many (if not all)of them! And by the way, are you considering the possibility of doing default replacements of Maxis' hairdoes?Or does someone knows if it was ever done? Because here we have a lot of excellent hair meshes and retexturings and alpha-editings, and the more realistic stuff many times clashes with the Maxis-stuff.And there are many nice hair styles by Maxis, they just need some retexturing (and there are some...simply horrible), but as CC it wouldn't appear in NPC's...

Anyways, a lot of thanks, girl, and congratulations for the nomination to the The Ancients' Award!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaifAndStray_AFS
I loved your replacement - the Maxis' trunks are too ugly, and yours are more than welcome!I'm looking right now your other default replacements, and you can count on my "thanks" in many (if not all)of them! And by the way, are you considering the possibility of doing default replacements of Maxis' hairdoes?Or does someone knows if it was ever done? Because here we have a lot of excellent hair meshes and retexturings and alpha-editings, and the more realistic stuff many times clashes with the Maxis-stuff.And there are many nice hair styles by Maxis, they just need some retexturing (and there are some...simply horrible), but as CC it wouldn't appear in NPC's...

Anyways, a lot of thanks, girl, and congratulations for the nomination to the The Ancients' Award!

Thanks for the suggestion. Though I think I've played with hair a grand total of three times. NEVER with any success. It prolly can be done, but I don't think I'm the creator for you. All of my replacements still have that "Maxis-y" feel to them. So even I if I knew how to do that, I prolly wouldn't. (Also, sorry guys! But I almost never download custom hair, and NEVER the realistic looking stuff.)

Thank you for your comments though!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 8:27 AM
Thank god some replacements for the swimming trunks. They were really ugly before and compared to this one they are the ugliest outfits in the game. =X Thanks Phaenoh. You really make life much easier. Oh yeah maybe you could do replacements of those Benjamin and Goopy shorts. =X They are really ugly and I hate it when my sims grow up into them. =X But anyways thanks.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joshua Degennaro
Oh yeah maybe you could do replacements of those Benjamin and Goopy shorts. =X They are really ugly and I hate it when my sims grow up into them.

Haven't started even looking at the separates. Not sure what you mean by the benjamin and goopy shorts. Im assuming you mean the ones the NPCs of that name wear, but i can't remember offhand which ones there were.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:10 PM
I think its the ones with the grid pattern on them and the dull brown shoes. I think Maxis made a collection of them because there are some ones without the grid patterns and are in Black and white. If you don't know how to do the seperates then it doesnt matter.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Page 1 of 3