Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 3:42 AM
Bodyshop Meshing in Blender
I may just be blind, but so far i havn't been able to find a step by step bodyshop meshing tutorial with Blender.

Does bodyshop meshing in blender have the same principles as Lethe_s object making in blender?

If there is a bodyshop meshing blender tutorial please post the link here.

~Stormboy

Maybe blind

Chocolate Disciple
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 2:54 AM
there are a few tutorials, i wrote a smd importer/exporter to make body meshing in blender easier too.
Alchemist
#3 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 4:13 AM
Mr. Ben:

This is your chance to direct this user to where your tutorial is, and where they can get your new plugins. While it may seem a little like self-promotion (which it is, I guess), you will be doing the user a favor, as well as people that never thought to ask.

Get on it! Be proud of your work.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 6:09 AM
Ben wrote an smd import/export.

There is no beginning smd step by step like the unimesh tutorials.

In short. You need to start by gathering the mesh pieces, making a bodyshop recolor, doing the fix integrity, and linking the mesh to the bodyshop recolor *just like in the unimesh tutorial or meshtool tutorial*

THEN you look at the gmdc using SimPE - and export SMD. The settings/morphs/etc are not exactly covered in any specific tutorial at this point.

Then you can edit the smd file (using the importer for blender here: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=246658)

Then you need to import the new smd file into your gmdc.

-- I suggest you do a basic test, simply pulling out one vertex of your 'new' mesh to make a big pointed area - just to see if you can get things to work. Then next step would be to take a mesh and simply reshape it by moving vertices.

Then if you are going to add parts to the mesh and do more complex edits, you need to learn about bone assignments - and frankly, I cannot help you with that at all in blender. Nor am I planning on learning blender - if I'm lucky I'll get to check out the newest modtool. So this is an opening for SOMEONE - to feel free to take the current unimesh tutorials and make a new version for blender with the appropriate changes.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 2:18 PM
hehe, i felt like i was tooting my own horn to much mentioning myself as much as i did.

i would make a tutorial, but i don't really understand the beginning parts about linking the mesh quite yet, iam still experimenting with that myself.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 3:08 PM
For the linking part, consider using PJSE Body Mesh Tool. It does 99% of the work instead of you It's built-in in SimPE since 0.60, can be found under Tools->PJSE->Body Mesh Tool, instructions for use are in <your SimPE folder>\Plugins\pjBodyMeshTool.plugin\pjBodyMeshTool_Help\Contents.htm.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 2:48 PM
where would one post a tutorial? (has never written one before)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 1:42 AM
In the main area (as you already found out )

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 2:48 PM
ya i posted here before i asked you :P