Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

What sort of name is Goopy for a wizard - Harry Potter replacement names for Townies (Updated 19/06/08)

by Trissle Posted 13th Sep 2007 at 2:14 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 12:38 PM by Trissle : Update

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 2:33 PM
Thankyou so much for this, no more stupid names!!!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 2:36 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much Me thinks my neighbourhood will be introduced to the 'deleteallcharacters'
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 6:43 PM
i think i love you :wub: i started a new wizard neighbourhood and was sick of having to trawl through all the townies to try find wizardish surnames and then having to change their first names to something less crap :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:22 PM
This is fantastic, thank you!
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 12:57 AM
That's awesome, I rarely download these, but these are too good to be true! Thanks so much! -hugs- :p
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:31 AM
I love this! Thank you! Now all I have to do is finish by neighboorhoods, clean out my templates and I am good to go!!

oh.. and Tramen, do use DeleteAllCharacters.. you could open your game up to well.. I had to start over the one time I used it. Follow links in the original post - more work, but worth it, IMHO.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 2:42 AM
Do you know what...ever since Deathly Hallows came out, I was thinking about how totally cool it would be if someone made a Harry Potter replacement template for townie names. And whaddaya know...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:13 AM
GLachaille - Yea, I went with the longer option, worked like a dream :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 6:49 PM
Yeah!!! Now my HP hood can have real wizarding names! I'm so happy I could pee myself. But I won't! Thank you!
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:08 PM
Brilliant!!! Thank you!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 6:23 PM
Thank you very much for this. Too bad I already have my neighborhood full of townies, but I suppose I can just delete them with Insem... and then install this and have the game re-generate the townies...

Anyway, thank you

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:47 PM
Awesome mod. I'm a tad disappointed though you haven't included any of the main character's names, 'twould be pretty cool to have some 'long lost cousin' townies running around :P.

I am free of all prejudices; I hate everyone equally. ~ SS ~
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 10:26 PM
Great, thanks for this! Very creative!

:)*- Pringle Chips
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
What a fun idea! One of these days I'll manage to get rid of all those annoying townies.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:15 PM
That's really awesome, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 12:43 AM
great mod! could you tell me how could I add some names, or if it is not possible then how to create my own name-changer?
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th May 2009 at 8:55 PM
how is this a mod
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 9:00 PM
Yay!
WHAT?! My message is too short, is it..?! When did they make up that rule..!?!? Bah!

Oops, I realise how crazy I sound..I just wanted to say "yay" to express my appreciation but noooo I have to rant..!
:D
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 7:21 PM
Hi. Thaks for creating this. It looks awesome!

But I do have a query, though, because I'm relatively new to this sort of thing. Is it possible to have more than one of these custom name generators running at the same time? e.g. This one and "Medieval Name Replacements for Townies and NPCs! (Goodbye Goopy!)" by CarmeeKitty. Or would they cancel each other out, or something?