Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Basic Log Cabin Kit by Loggin Kannuck

by Corsetcrush Posted 19th Sep 2007 at 1:07 AM - Updated 1st Sep 2008 at 11:47 AM by Corsetcrush : Required site uploads update

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 6:58 AM
You've been reading my mind for some time haven't you? Thank you very much for sharing these as I've been wanting something like this for a long time.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:55 AM
Great set! Ty so much for sharing =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 9:21 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
I have always wanted to build a real log cabin! Fantastic work! Thank you for sharing!
<3

()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:39 AM
that's just great! thanks! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:11 AM
These look fabulous. It amazes me how the community continues to outperform Maxis!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 12:42 PM
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:44 PM
This is awesome! Thanks for all your hard work :D

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:22 PM
Lincoln Logs! That's what these remind me of. Thanks for doing this - they're awesome.

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:42 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:29 AM. Reason: is a thanks post
These do remind me of Lincoln Logs! My hermit sims have been complying for years that their cabins were pathetic looking. Now I have an alternative to give them a real-looking hideout.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:19 PM
LOOOVE THIS!!!! this is fantabulous and wonderful for my earthy sims too who love the country. would you be opposed to uploading that gorgeous house displaying your work? I suck at building houses tehehe.
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:40 PM
THANK YOU so much for these. They look great! I loved the ones I had for sims 1 and had been looking for a sims 2 version.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:11 PM
I have looked forever for a really good cabin set. Thanks so so much for sharing this. Really cool!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:21 AM
This is really AWESOME! Thank you for making this
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:15 AM
Been lookin' for this kinda stuff fer awhile...thanks...great work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 9:45 PM
House Upload
Quote: Originally posted by sweetrapture
LOOOVE THIS!!!! this is fantabulous and wonderful for my earthy sims too who love the country. would you be opposed to uploading that gorgeous house displaying your work? I suck at building houses tehehe.

I had actually made the house to test the cabin corners, wallpaper, and flooring. The inside empty except for lights, a bathroom, and a fridge. However I've been considering uploading the lot after I've had some time to make it Mod worthy, but I'm also in the middle of another project at the moment. It's a small lot, but in one of the pics you can see the corner of the garage. Right off the top of my head I think it would take Nightlife and Seasons, but I'd have to double check that. I tried to have only Maxis stuff in the pics other than my content in the post.

I'm really glad that everyone has liked it so well, it's the first time I've done a complete set like this. I still don't know why Maxis thought that pasting log end pics on wallpaper was 'good enough'. Oh well, At least my efforts weren't wasted then!

Many Thanks,

~Corsetcrush
Instructor
#17 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 12:29 AM
Corsetcrush, this is one of those gorgeous additions to the game that revitalise my faith in the game's potential. It is a beautiful piece of work you have done here, and I am happy to add it to my game. This will add to the immersion in a way that all the EPs combined cannot accomplish! Thank you!

PS: I am adding you to my favourite artists!!

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 10:07 AM
I've been looking for something like this, thank you. I love to make cozy cabin-like neighbourhoods so this will really come in handy
Instructor
#19 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 10:53 AM
This is freaking GORGEOUS! I rarely download build items, but I am so getting this.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 1:45 PM
Amazing! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 1:34 AM
I had never even thought about making a log cabbin but now I will thanks.
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:02 PM
Thank you! I always wanted to make a log cabin for my sims, although I cant seem to find that roof with snow anywhere (its in the full view of the snowy cabin), is it included in the set? If it is can you tell me where it is? Beautiful work and thanks again.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 8:24 PM
This set it's perfect! I used this and added Wooden lace set created by Jeka to give it a different look and I'm very happy with the result ^^ But I can't find a roof with snow or some stairs I like but I'll keep searching in order to build the perfect dream house for my sims =D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:34 PM
As for the snow on the roof: It's from Seasons.

I have tried to make snow (before Seasons) and from personal experience the snow from that expansion is FAR superior. I don't know if it is the proper wording, but I often think of it as 'dynamic' snow, it's not just a flat mesh that's plopped on top of all major surfaces. If you look really close to the corner of the garage (far left) and at the bottoms of all the cabin corners, it shows that there is actual lumps and variations in the snow, its not a singular flat mesh.

In addition to that, if I remember correctly, the height of the snow on the roof varies from standard depth to deep snow (like in the pic.) When Sims walk though it the snow has an effect that makes it look like poofing (think of the fight cloud effect), and leaves a trail (temporarily) behind them.

If that wasn't enough, the part that I truly adore is how it interacts with the object meshes themselves. If you look REALLY closely at the handrail on the stairs It looks a bit like pixelated snow, which it is, but the game can recognize the tops of meshes and varies the amount of snow between the light sprinkling (like on the handrail) or a solid thin coat (it's why the top of the steps are white).

I added the snowy log recolors (and matching wallpaper) for the people who don't have Seasons, but they still have a snowy decor. The easiest way to do that is to find snowy terrain, snow roof tiles and whatnot to download. The snowy wallpaper logs were included so when the actual meshes had the thin bit of snow on them that they would all match and not stick out like a sore thumb.

Hope this helps.

~Corsetcrush
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 2:11 PM
This is great! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2