Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Diamondbar Delta - Beach Lots Galore

by Caupi Posted 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:35 AM - Updated 30th Sep 2007 at 2:53 PM by Caupi

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 5:34 PM
This is just what I've been looking for.
Good job!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:07 PM
this is hot..i luv it^^

Live..Laugh..Love..
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:25 PM
I'm impressed. I made a beach lot hood too, and I had to use the method of poking myself in the eye with the dull pencil method to make sure that every size lot fit everywhere it should. Congrats.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 8:06 PM
I cant download that It makes an error and contains only 1 file.
Its a perfect neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 8:54 PM
this is neat! You did a great job!

~Ashley~

"Whatever female-based, emotion-driven dilemma you may be dealing with right now, you have my sympathy. But right now, we need to break this down into male-based, fact-driven logic." Jackson Rippner Red Eye
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 8:55 PM
I appreciate all the comments, thanks everyone

mizzseal -

I replaced the zip with a new one...the original zip that I uploaded seems fine on my desktop but for some reason I got the same error you did when attempting to download it.

The new zip is working as intended at the time of posting...hopefully the gremlins stay away. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:27 PM
yay! thanks a lot!

Wish I could prove I love you
But does that mean I have to walk on water?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:52 PM
How did you get the edges so smooth in Sim City 4, what tool did you use?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galactica94P
How did you get the edges so smooth in Sim City 4, what tool did you use?

I have a love of the quick level tool. It doesn't give the prettiest results, but it's a lot less likely to get me resorting to poking my own eyes out than the soften edges tool (which makes it extremely difficult to get consistent edges).
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:18 AM
Now we shall be able to have tons of ocean lots and of all sizes.
Thank You
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:12 AM
i had download this nice terrain but and error comes out..the picture are there but the terrain aint..............thnx anyway for sharing this lovely piece..if it gets updated let me

Live..Laugh..Love..
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:13 AM
i had download this nice terrain but and error comes out..the picture are there but the terrain aint..............thnx anyway for sharing this lovely piece..if it gets updated let me know

Live..Laugh..Love..
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 7:37 AM
It works now No errors this time and all the files are as they should be.
Great work
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:43 PM
This is WONDERFUL! Since the day Bon Voyage came out I've been waiting for someone to do this. Thank you.

Susie & Kenny
She's an angel, he's a devil - perfect!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 5:37 PM
its lovely but i cant seem to get downloaded beach lots to fit they are definatly beach lots but they just wont fit anywhere
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetpea190980
its lovely but i cant seem to get downloaded beach lots to fit they are definatly beach lots but they just wont fit anywhere

Hmm. I tested the neighborhood with my uploaded beach lots and they fit fine (built in maxis neighborhoods and one of my other custom ones, no problems)...I haven't downloaded anyone else's to check the fit, though. I can't think of a reason they won't fit. Can you PM me a link to one you've downloaded that won't fit and I'll check it out?
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 6:56 PM
any of the beach lots on here except the pelican lane ones wont seem to fit they just stay red and cant be placed
the pelican way ones seem to fit though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetpea190980
any of the beach lots on here except the pelican lane ones wont seem to fit they just stay red and cant be placed
the pelican way ones seem to fit though

Ok, you seem to be right.

What I *think* is going on is that the terrain you originally build your lot on has something to do with what beach terrains you can place them on. I pulled some of the "stock" terrains into SC4 to look at them, and their beach level (where the road sits) is much lower than the ones in my neighborhoods.

What I'm assuming is that other players who are uploading beach lots are building them on "stock" terrains/neighborhoods, which may make the beach (road) level too low to use on my neighborhoods. On the converse side, it seems that lots built on my neighborhoods (at least the ones I've made) are placeable on the "stock" terrain beach lots - I've placed and tested lots built in Diamondbar on the maxis neighborhood beaches, no problem.

I will try to create a terrain as close to the level of the stock neighborhoods as possible to check it out for sure, it's just going to be a horrible process as those beaches are below the grid line I'll do my best and report when I've got something.

Until then, If you're using either the Copperhead Causeway or Diamondbar neighborhoods to build/upload houses, they should be placeable on any beach lot in any neighborhood, at least I haven't run into any conflicts so far. Unfortunately, I can't do much about the lots that others have built on different terrains not fitting, at this time.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, sweetpea, I'll work on it.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:56 AM
Hey your neighbourhood is really good. Your so clever. Thanks for it.

Can you please tell me if it is possible to make bigger lots? I want to design some things and make farms and I cant coz the lots arent big enough. If you know how to make them bigger can you please tell me? Thanks a bunch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 4:51 AM
Coming back to The Sims 2 after a long time and now having Bon Voyage, I really wanted a beach neighborhood. Thank you for making this lovely one!