Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Banish the Boycut!- Girls Undies Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 23rd Sep 2007 at 10:50 PM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 12:47 AM by Phaenoh

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 11:58 PM
Thanks! This has always bugged me.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elephant
Thanks! This has always bugged me.

Me to! -But I never even considered that we could be able to just replace them one day! -THANK YOU!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NinS
Me to! -But I never even considered that we could be able to just replace them one day! -THANK YOU!
Then you obviously have missed all my other replacement sets. Go check them out. I'm sure theres atleast a couple you will like. ;-)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:57 AM
Oh yay Now this is the sort of thing I wore when I was a little girl, not the boyshorts Thanks
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 2:42 AM
Thank you SO much! This always bothered me, I'm so glad you took the time to do this for us. Thanks again. ^^
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:33 AM
These are great, the clinginess of those boycuts - *shudders* Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:39 AM
Thank you so much! This is just another of your amazing default sets! :D:D

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:50 PM
Huh! I never paid close enough attention to realize I had overlooked the "boy shorts" detail in my Sims. Love the title of this post ("Banish the Boycut!"). I will be doing just that now in my game. Thanks for sharing!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:28 PM
Well, all my other girl cut undies sets had interesting names regarding the boycuts... I figured I should continue.

Thanks everyone for making my day by leaving comments!!! (I'm totally OC about checking my threads, I get bored when there is noting new to read.)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 6:32 PM
Brilliant. I enjoy simming kids, these are the kind of thing I've been looking for.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:24 PM
These are great, thank you Phaenoh! I always use your cute undies for my little Sim girls as opposed to those ugly boycut ones I had before. Now they'll always have these, even if they grow up into kids in-game, so I don't have to go buy them new undies every time they reach their new lifestage!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! My little Simmie girls, especially Lucy Burb, are so happy now. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 12:12 AM
This is the best idea!! Thanks so much for sharing your defaults!!!

I sim, therefore I am.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 12:28 AM Last edited by mydogRuff13 : 20th Oct 2007 at 2:41 AM.
Very cool! Thank you!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:42 PM
Wow, Phaenoh, you've been really busy! Thanks so much for making us so many default replacements -- your stuff is uniformly better than what came with the game.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 7:02 PM
Actually, I've been slacking. I had this and the girls swimsuits mostly done a while ago, I just put them aside cuz I actually wanted to play the game for a while, that led me to building all the Nana Series starter homes I came out with....still really haven't played much lately, but I felt refreshed and ready to go again.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:17 PM
Thank you. I don't mind the boy-cut for adults, but they just don't look right on the little girls. To be honest, I don't know any little girls who wear undershirts, either. But somehow it feels wrong to have our little girls running around topless :-)

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:25 PM
My mom used to make me wear an undershirt, and all my sisters, I don't know about them, but I hated every minute of it. Mine were white and had a tacky little rose in the center, it poked out any shirt i wanted to wear, so it had a bump in it. I always wanted to cut them off. The undershirt the sim girls get to wear are at least flat.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 3:34 PM
Thank you very much! I have waited for this. Good to get rid of the ugly boycuts for girls. Thank you for all the nice replacements you provide us with! I can't understand why Maxis made a lot of things so ugly.

What I also would like to have is undies for girls without the silly undershirt. I don't mind them running around topless, they look no diffrent from the boys. My daughters never wore undershirts when they were kids.

Best regards,
Capricce
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 6:03 PM
Sorry capricce, but as I've stated in a few of my other posts, I don't revisit something once I've finished it, unless of course there is something wrong with it, so I won't be making a version without the undershirt. Aside hiding behind protocol, there are mixed feelings about the undershirts, so I erred on the side of Maxis's decision. Sorrys!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 5:22 AM
Is it 100% okay to delete the Thumbnails folder? I'm very wary of messing up my game, but I would like to see your versions!

They're absolutley brilliant, by the way. My mother always made me wear undershirts too... stupid pink roses with ribbons!

I also hated the boycuts... they ride up when you run
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 8:17 PM
Yes, I delete my thumbnails all the time, mostly because I go through so many tests with my replacements. If you want to err on the safe side, just move the thumbnail folder to someplace else on your computer (like your desktop) and then run the game. It will generate new ones, right where the old ones were, but this way you have a backup for piece of mind.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 3:46 AM
Thanks! I've been looking at your other uploads as well, and they're great!

Keep on banishing the ugly Maxis clothes! Yay!
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Jan 2008 at 6:40 AM
Thanks for making these. They look so much better than the maxis ones.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:11 AM
Yes! Now my girls can actually look like GIRLS!! Thank you! *hugs*
Page 1 of 2