Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 3:37 AM Last edited by kachadar : 27th Sep 2007 at 4:05 AM. Reason: spelling
Default Can piers be built over sea in BV?
Has any one found a way to build a pier/jetty over the lower sand extending out over the sea in Bon Voyage?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:42 AM
I don't think you can do that. Probably it's better to make the pier lot be a normal flooded lot. After all, it's not very pleasant swimming right by the pier.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:04 AM
It's not possible to build on the last 21 tiles(beach+sea) of a beach lot template, for that to happen we need a modded beach lot.
However it's possible to place objects & use the levelling tools(using cheats), but it's not adviceable since sims will swim right through those objects and levelling is even worse.
If you raise the bottom of the see then sims will suddenly swim in mid air
I'll advice you not to mess with the beach & sea, strange things might happen - Unless it's for testing things :D

Life's a game, so let's play!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:40 AM
Thanks for the replies. I tried using 'Constrain floor elevation' with the decking tool and then used the levelling tools to make the water come up the beach further. I tried a Sim in it, he walks out in the shallow water then swims normally. Not perfect, but will have to do until someone mods a beach.
Screenshots
#5 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:19 AM
Well now I am confused. As far as I knew none of the levelling tools would work on the tiles nearest to the sea? It would be very useful to everyone if you would detail the steps you took to do this!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:03 AM
Hi Inge, I can't remember the exact way I did it, I was just playing around with cheats. I used 'constrain floor elevation' and 'move objects' cheats together, made the decking, placed floor tiles on the decking to level it out, then used the terrain lowering tool to bring the water further up the beach which distorted the deck, I then used the levelling tool to even it all out. The waves seem to come up quite close to the new beach edge when in game.
I've shut down my game (time to get dinner), but I'll try to re-create the steps tomorrow and post here.
BTW I'm a great fan of yours- love your mods.
#7 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 11:24 AM
I can't wait to stop drilling my kitchen wall so I can settle down to some playing. I have a lot expander to test too :D

Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:04 PM
yeam, the moveobjects on cheat can still enable building at almost everywhere of a lot. :D

The sea now is like a refurnished swimpool :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 6:20 AM
Like nengi65 I've never written a tutorial before. I just play around with cheats until I get the effect I like, so I hope this all makes sense.
I'm not really sure how to put the attachments with the text, so sorry if it doesn't come out right.
Hopefully some one who has written tuts. before can refine this one.

Using cheats 'constrain floor elevation' and 'move objects', holding down the control key drag the decking as far as it will go, then quickly hold down the shift key and click the mouse button. You should end up with this

2.Level

3.Level decking, while holding down the control key.

4.Level the ground.

5 & 6.After levelling it will look like this.......

7. Using the terrain lowering tool, lower the sand until the water is closer to the pier. (Don't lower too deep at the sand edge, it will leave an open hole between the water and the sand)

8.Use flooring tiles to level the decking.

9 & 10. Using small columns, place in front of the decking and add more flooring tiles, keep on doing this until the decking is out into the sea. Delete the small columns.

11.Place double story columns under the decking.

12.With terrain paint add sand, decking flooring and stairs.
Close cheats.
#10 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:46 AM
Ah that was the detail I was missing - you used columns. I was trying to just stretch the decking out!

Instructor
#11 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 7:52 PM
Kachadar, you used columns! I should of known. Also thanks for the tutorial.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies