Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Collection: Hogsmeade Village & Diagon Alley

by StephSim Posted 4th Oct 2007 at 4:48 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 10:44 AM by StephSim : MTS2 House Information Update

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 9:54 PM
cool work stephy cant wait to see more !!! ;-)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 5:47 AM Last edited by StephSim : 6th Oct 2007 at 5:48 AM. Reason: Grammar Correction
Thanks for the compliment!

I'm finishing the Grimmauld Place lot now. I must create Sim portraits of a few Black family members (as I imagine them to be) and add them to the lot and then it will be COMPLETE. I created the Black Family Tree on a Slytherin green background. It's AWESOME. This house is so dark and seedy looking! It's getting harder to chose a favorite from this collection. Every time I finish one lot, I say "I think this one is my favorite!" :D

Enjoy the download. More shall come soon!

stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 10:22 AM
cool! i can't wait to see what you come up with for the ministry of magic... did you know that you can download the fountain here at MTS2
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 11:02 PM
Jammy,

I can't wait to see what I come up with either!

About the fountain...The fountain is the reason I decided to build the Ministry of Magic. Initially, I didn't have it on the list of Potter places to create. (Notice it is at the bottom!) I was also thinking about adding Bill and Fleur's cottage, but I think I'm beginning to get creator's overload. I'm off for a 2 day break from building. The Burrow is next and I am beyond excited at creating my version of it!

Take care.
steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 2:11 PM
Ooh thanks for bringing this to life.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 2:51 AM
You are welcomed Claire!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 31st Jan 2008 at 10:12 PM
hehe you did the undergrounds of the bank! they're really well, I like the "rocket"
congrats again on your picked upload :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 10:22 PM
Thanks Laura. I had to tear down 3 of the buildings in order to fit in the vaults and raise the 3 buildings up from the ground. It worked out well. The "Steam Punker" (rocket looking thingee) came from The Dark Project. The first time I saw it, I thought about Gringott's Bank. So, now - it has a home! As I update the lots (which only takes minutes) I find that I want to fix problems I came across when I was playing in the lots. I shall simply update the remainder of the lots IF I can!
steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 9:25 PM
Wow, this looks awesome! I'm re-reading all the hp books & I can't wait to use it in-game! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 6:48 PM
Thanks.

Yeah...we are reading the Harry Potter books in my house as well. We are halfway through Book 4 right now. As we read, I keep thinking of things I want to recreate or change with the HP lots. I had to stop myself!

Enjoy the lots...download them, redecorate them, make them your own!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 9:55 PM
This is just AMAZING TERRIFIC ABSOLUTLEY FABLOUS!! I can't wait to use all three!! (PS: I really like your idea about the teachers living in Hogwarts and the students living elsewhere. Since I will probably be recreating the Harry Potter movies with Sims 2, I will be sure to download as much as I can! )
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 7:13 AM
Thank you and do enjoy the downloads CoolSims.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 3:53 PM
its so cool but i think the buildings were be more near no 1-1 like this 11
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:37 AM
Hi Jean Marc.

Thank you ...I think. I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm guessing you would prefer 11 lots instead of 1? The Harry Potter project took a long time to complete. So, I did combine quite a few lots.

Hopefully, you can still enjoy Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and the Shrieking Shack nonetheless.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 7:44 PM
mines wasnt furnished
Sockpuppet
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
Hi Jean Marc.

Thank you ...I think. I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm guessing you would prefer 11 lots instead of 1? The Harry Potter project took a long time to complete. So, I did combine quite a few lots.

Hopefully, you can still enjoy Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and the Shrieking Shack nonetheless.
how come you did'nt Furnished it
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:31 PM
CMPunk,
Some lots come furnished, others do not. Some people love to decorate themselves, others do not. That's life!

In all seriousness, there have always been limits to the size of lots uploaded to MTS. When this lot was created, the size limit for lots was 10 MGs. So, I decided not to furnish this lot. It's really not a big deal. Nowadays, lots submitted to MTS can be a bit larger, but I'm not in a Harry Potter mode right now.

Just think of it this way...you are free to add your own personal decorative touches to the lot yourself. So, the real question is "Why are you wasting energy focusing on the obvious, instead of decorating the lot yourself?" Besides, there are a mountain of Harry Potter creations out there that today that didn't exist when I created the lot.

Again, I'll leave you to decide what you want to do. There are a few other HP lots and HP lot creators in the Simming Community. If you cannot find anything that you like or that fits your needs, perhaps you should build them yourself.

At any rate, Happy Simming!

~*~Stephanie~*~