Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Gesture in Vacation hoods only.Update.27thJan08.

by Alexx58 Posted 10th Oct 2007 at 1:26 PM - Updated 8th Mar 2008 at 10:00 PM by Alexx58 : Update

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 1:48 PM
Good variation on the idea!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 2:01 PM
Yay for this! I hope it works; I've seen other attempts to reduce or eliminate the gesture madness that didn't actually do what they were supposed to do -- that gesturing must be pretty sticky.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Good variation on the idea!

Thank you Inge!
I've decided even so to find another way.
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 2:30 PM
Great idea! I always get annoyed when my sims Hang Loose randomly.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 3:08 PM
oh, thank gawd! This is the perfect solution.

Thank you!!

pureheart
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 8:37 PM
I also love this idea. I'm sick of all my characters trying to bow to people that are busy. xD
Theorist
#8 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 9:34 PM
Thank you but is there one out there to stop all neighborhoods from doing it? I still find it annoying on vacation when everyone is bowing or pounding there chest like idots..who does that in real life? lol
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Y2kRobie
I still find it annoying on vacation when everyone is bowing or pounding there chest like idots..who does that in real life? lol

Bowing? Japan.

Pounding their chests? Any guy in a sports bar watching the superbowl.

** just my 2 cents, ignore it if you wish, rant if you must, but please use the common sense one assumes you were born with **
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 12:58 AM
Yippee. I tried Kathy's but alas it did not work for me. I have been waiting for someone else to do this mod. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 1:14 AM
Yeah, I'll definitely try this out! Great work. :D

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alexx58
Thank you Inge!
I've decided even so to find another way.

I was wondering if there is a way to have a local gesture like bowing assigned to residential nieghborhood, Say if you wanted to make a nieghborhood that themed as though it is in japan? can you have your sims greet by bowing and no wave or whatever?
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#13 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 1:44 PM
now I have a cure for that crazy gesture epidemie in my hood.
I had made my own mods like this but they block all gestures at all.
But I want them to remain in Vacation hoods only
thank you
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 8:35 PM
Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!!
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 3:40 PM
Thank you. I always find it rather annoying when a sim walks up to another sim and "hang loose" or "pound their chest" for no apparent reason.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 3:43 AM
Awesome, thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 2:34 PM
Does these mods still work in AL? I also would like to know if the autothaichi in asia only and the noautonomousinstrumentsfunmore55FT are still working in AL.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by za1susi
Does these mods still work in AL? I also would like to know if the autothaichi in asia only and the noautonomousinstrumentsfunmore55FT are still working in AL.

Since I've decided not install AL I don't have this EP and can't be sure about it,but I think both mods not related directly to AL interactions and theoretically must work with this EP.In any case nothing bad can't happen if you will try.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#19 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:58 AM
Alexx, I have a suspection that your mod make some visitors of comm lots lose their autonomy and they stand with nothing doing then leave, did you test that?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 10:43 PM
Yes I've tested and still use one of uploaded version in my game and not noticed nothing strange with autonomy on comm.lots.But I think sometimes it may be possible for native locals because localgreets values in appropriate TTAB is very attractrive for them and "access denied for auto greet" can disorient them probably for some time... or forever .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 9:01 PM
Thank you so much for this!
It got annoying when my Sims would constantly do gestures to each other instead of fulfilling Needs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 1:28 AM
My SimGod thank goodness!!!! So sick of sims bowing like crazy and hanging loose non stop!