Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Default Skin Replacement V.1 (Updated- 8-16-08)

by miska Posted 12th Oct 2007 at 8:16 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2023 at 7:38 PM by miska : Updated Links

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 1:54 AM
Is this texture somewhat transparent? I would like one that keeps some of the original skin tone. I have one I like, but I do not like that darker skinned sims turn the same Grey as the palest.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassandra_107
Is this texture somewhat transparent? I would like one that keeps some of the original skin tone. I have one I like, but I do not like that darker skinned sims turn the same Grey as the palest.

Try to do it by yourself. :D
By the way I appreciated this new replacement. I never liked this "grey" vampire colour in my little and joyful neighbourhood. :D
Thank you sooo much for this upload. Five stars !

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassandra_107

Cassandra,

There is little to no transparency with these skin tones - I've posted two extra images so you can see the effect on light, medium and dark tones. In the future I may do another with further transparency.

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fafy
By the way I appreciated this new replacement. I never liked this "grey" vampire colour in my little and joyful neighbourhood. :D
Thank you sooo much for this upload. Five stars !

Fafy,

Thank you for the kind words, they're appreciated!

Have fun with this replacement - enjoy!

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 3:19 AM Last edited by florie1977 : 16th Oct 2007 at 3:19 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Love this!
I love this. I've tried it in the game and it makes the vamps look more "real". Cause as you know, in some movies, some cant tell the other "person" is a vamp until its too late!

Double thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by florie1977
I love this. I've tried it in the game and it makes the vamps look more "real". Cause as you know, in some movies, some cant tell the other "person" is a vamp until its too late!

Double thanks for this!

Happy to know you like this replacement Florie; thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it!

Have Fun!

Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fafy

Wow, that seems a little rude.
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:58 AM
Love Em'. ^-^
I was really unhappy with the fact that all the vampires were blue as well.
It was just unatural, all those people acting normal around a blue guy.

+=My life is a comedy and im the only one not laughing=+

"I know I don't look that great at the moment...but such cheap pride...I discard it." -Death Note

Simple Question: Cake or Death?
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:40 AM
I decided I had to make a good and objective critic of your file, (kind of long but complete you"ll see) Miska, because believe me, I did like your replacement. Then here I go.
As soon I saw your file I told myself, Kitty I must test it! and immediately I downloaded it.
Then I proceeded to uninstall the other vampire-replacements I have, so to appreciate your file at its best. I tested it at different lighting and positions, and with several male and female vampires at pleasantville.
Then I tried to compare the quality of the skins with my previous replacements and the original ones...
And my final veredict is this... TERRIFIC! No doubt this is the best vampire replacement I"ve had until now. I found some fields of improvement if you are interested at perfectionating it. the first one is the eyes. A beautiful blue-eyed femme-fatale vampire I have, turned her beautiful blue eyes into black eyes. I fixed it since the makeup menu with some pink contact eye lens, and voualla! GORGEOUS!! I dont know why but I think it changes the eyes into darker or black. The second one is related to the tone of the skin. I dont know why, but even though turning into vampire gets Sims paler, at certain lighting it gives the impression of being darker. I think as you said **In the future I may do another with further transparency** that would solve it, and it is that it is believed that if you turned into a vampire you would be expected to be "more transparent or whitish instead of darker (it is not that you"re actually getting darker which is not, I already tested it) it is that I think that it would help just a little bit more tranparency... just a very little. Either way it does not really need it. the present replacements are very very acceptable AS THE BEST ONES AT THE MOMENT, and the proof of it is that I am officially using YOUR replacement and nothing more, I already uninstalled the others I had.
What I tried to say with this long post really is ... THANK YOU, I DO APPRECIATE YOUR FILE... GREAT JOB!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! This post was my way of saying THANK YOU
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 4:41 AM
I Forgot, I Do Love Cats And Kitties Too!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nobody-Queen
Love Em'. ^-^
I was really unhappy with the fact that all the vampires were blue as well.
It was just unatural, all those people acting normal around a blue guy.

Thank you Nobody-Queen, I very much appreciate your letting me know!

I know what you mean about other Sims acting 'natural' around a 'blue guy', this didn’t sit well with me either. It made much more sense to me to have more ‘natural’ looking vampires. Again, I’m glad to know you agree!

Thanks Again . . . Enjoy!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smartcat777
I decided I had to make a good and objective critic of your file, (kind of long but complete you"ll see) Miska, because believe me, I did like your replacement. Then here I go.
As soon I saw your file I told myself, Kitty I must test it! and immediately I downloaded it.
Then I proceeded to uninstall the other vampire-replacements I have, so to appreciate your file at its best. I tested it at different lighting and positions, and with several male and female vampires at pleasantville.
Then I tried to compare the quality of the skins with my previous replacements and the original ones...
And my final veredict is this... TERRIFIC! No doubt this is the best vampire replacement I"ve had until now. I found some fields of improvement if you are interested at perfectionating it. the first one is the eyes. A beautiful blue-eyed femme-fatale vampire I have, turned her beautiful blue eyes into black eyes. I fixed it since the makeup menu with some pink contact eye lens, and voualla! GORGEOUS!! I dont know why but I think it changes the eyes into darker or black. The second one is related to the tone of the skin. I dont know why, but even though turning into vampire gets Sims paler, at certain lighting it gives the impression of being darker. I think as you said **In the future I may do another with further transparency** that would solve it, and it is that it is believed that if you turned into a vampire you would be expected to be "more transparent or whitish instead of darker (it is not that you"re actually getting darker which is not, I already tested it) it is that I think that it would help just a little bit more tranparency... just a very little. Either way it does not really need it. the present replacements are very very acceptable AS THE BEST ONES AT THE MOMENT, and the proof of it is that I am officially using YOUR replacement and nothing more, I already uninstalled the others I had.
What I tried to say with this long post really is ... THANK YOU, I DO APPRECIATE YOUR FILE... GREAT JOB!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! This post was my way of saying THANK YOU

Smartcat777,

Thank you so much for taking the time to both review my replacement and give me such a thorough review of it, I greatly appreciate it and am flattered! Your kind words and generous review have inspired me to work on this file and (in the not so distant future) present another file with just a ‘touch more transparency’. Hopefully, I will find the time soon and get it out before Halloween.

Many Thanks Again . . . Enjoy!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smartcat777
I Forgot, I Do Love Cats And Kitties Too!!!

They're great, aren't they?

Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th May 2008 at 11:52 AM
I truly love this skin! - I have been looking for good vampire replacement for a while now and I finally found perfect match. :lovestruc I cannot stand what Maxis did do vampires (blue??? ) and my vampires can breath easy now - all thanks to you!

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nea200pl
I truly love this skin! - I have been looking for good vampire replacement for a while now and I finally found perfect match. :lovestruc I cannot stand what Maxis did do vampires (blue??? ) and my vampires can breath easy now - all thanks to you!

Hi nea200pl!

I'm so glad you found this new skin suitable for your vamps, and appreciate the very kind words.

I know exactly what you mean. What Maxis did with the default vamp skin was a huge letdown for me too; luckily for us (players) there is a way to modify just about everything in this game.

Enjoy!

~*~ Miska ~*~

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 12:42 AM
omg i needed this! thank you sooo much! i was having with making an edward cullen sim, and making him a vampire so he never aged, but i hate that blue skin so i almost exploded xD thanks agaiN!

im an emo
im a goth
im a punk

IM A PERSON. Don't label me.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 12:52 AM
omg i needed this! thank you sooo much! i was having with making an edward cullen sim, and making him a vampire so he never aged, but i hate that blue skin so i almost exploded xD thanks agaiN!

im an emo
im a goth
im a punk

IM A PERSON. Don't label me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poprocksncoke1

Hi poprocksncoke1!

I'm so pleased to hear you like the skin; I appreciate your letting me know, thanks!

Enjoy!

~*~ Miska ~*~

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 1:29 AM
File Updated! 8-16-08
Today I've given this file a long overdue update!

When using this updated file, your vampire's eyecolor will not be changed from their 'normal' eyecolor!

The skintone used in the original file has Not changed in this updated version.

Enjoy!

~*~ Miska ~*~

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tallulahjane
Wow, that seems a little rude.

Whoops, I was misunderstood. I didn't want to look rude at all

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST