Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adult Playable Doll House - By Request

by rebecah Posted 21st Oct 2007 at 6:09 PM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 2:39 PM by rebecah

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 6:27 PM
I agree about the doll house. I play with my daughter's with her all the time. Thanks.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 6:28 PM
This is a great idea! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 7:49 PM
I could have sworn that someone -- Squinge or someone else on here -- made an adult-playable dollhouse (or a mod), way way back around the first or second EP.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KagomeKagome
I could have sworn that someone -- Squinge or someone else on here -- made an adult-playable dollhouse (or a mod), way way back around the first or second EP.

If squinge did it he's not on MTS2 and is retired, his would also have been a global hack and some people prefer and object hack as opposed to global hacks. I did search for one on MTS2 and did not find one. I'm only trying to fill a request here.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 8:44 PM
Great mod Rebecah, thanks very much for your work!
And indeed i didn't see it anywhere yet as a object hack myself.

I can assure you KagomeKagome that object hacks are way different then global hacks to create.
Twice as much work if not more and even somewhat safer to use, so i'm very happy with this.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Forum Resident
#7 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 9:04 PM
Oh, wonderful! Thanks so much, this is such a great hack. And indeed, I much prefer object mods to global mods. :]
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 9:40 PM
thank you lol
I used to find my mom playing with my doll house all the time when i was little hehe.
Cool hack... Thanks

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 10:21 PM
thats odd how they have the animations but didn't bother to even allow them to use it

great mod also, thanks xD

Shaun
email me
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 10:48 PM
Thanks, its only fitting that adults be able to play along with their kids while playing.
Squinge did create a mod but he is retired and all his mods are at the Sims Graveyard.
I would rather have this than a global hack.
I cant wait to see the set that is in the photo's its really nice.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 11:11 PM
Thank you so much!
I know when I was a toddler, my mom and dad would play with me with my doll house.
Also thanks for making it an object mod, I think that they are safer to use.
You give my sim tots and kids so much more to do, now I'm not just waiting for them to grow up lol...they love MTS2's rebecah, giving them so many toys!
By the way, where can I get that female hair in the picture?
Thanks!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 1:19 AM
Thanks so much!! Squinge did have one, but he stopped updating it with OFB and now of course he's retired. I missed it so much! XD
Instructor
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 1:32 AM
wow wow wow this is fantastic, amazing, thank you, :lovestruc thank you, :lovestruc thank you.

Can hardly wait for your other stuff. You are the best for sharing with us. :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 1:45 AM
Thanks so much for all your kind comments. This was really a very simple mod to do especially since the animations are all ready in the game.

Concerning the hair, I found it one MTS2 and I really love it. It has some flaws for the blond version but not so bad I can't live with it.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251659
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 4:26 PM
omg thank u so much i been waiting 4 some1 to make 1
Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 5:22 PM
This is your version of such an object and I enjoy your work you are sharing!
I'm becoming tired of discussions whether something exists already or not. Who wants to browse the whole internet to discover what already has been done? Does it hurt to have more than one object of the same kind? I'll use the one I like best, that's all.
Thanks again!
hexameter
Theorist
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 6:37 PM
Ditto what hexameter said!

Thanks so much for this, rebecah, this is another great item that Pleasure Sims can actually use after they satisfty their want to buy a new toy.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 6:51 PM
Wonderful! I never understood why Maxis didn't make this adult playable, thanks so much for doing this.

~Roxanne
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 9:48 AM
Wonderful idea

Thank you so much
Scholar
#20 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 12:49 AM
This is a Fabulous Idea! Adults Should Be Able to Play with Doll Houses! ThankYou rebecah!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 6:03 AM
Yes, this is a great idea to have adults play with the dollhouse!

Does anyone else find that the adults will only play for a few SimMinutes, though? Even if the "fun" bar is kinda low, I've had three or four adults who'll play just a bit then get up and stand around. The dollhouse is in a couple of houses so I haven't checked how outgoing any but one of my Sims is. She's about middling. I'll have to check.

In any case, rebecah, you have made SimFamilies with toddlers SO much more fun to play!
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Invisichikk
Does anyone else find that the adults will only play for a few SimMinutes, though? Even if the "fun" bar is kinda low, I've had three or four adults who'll play just a bit then get up and stand around. The dollhouse is in a couple of houses so I haven't checked how outgoing any but one of my Sims is. She's about middling. I'll have to check.

In any case, rebecah, you have made SimFamilies with toddlers SO much more fun to play!

I've found the sims have to have a playful personality to play very long. I imagine the outgoing may have some to do wiith it but I really think the playfull is more important.

You're very welcome! I'm gald you enjoy them.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 8:51 PM
Still beautiful work, like always, thank you.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 5:03 PM
Default I'm 30-something and I love Dollhouses!
Thank you so much! I just gave my 2 year old daughter her first dollhouse. I'm so into it, lol! I gave her a plastic one (Calico Critters, which is really fun because there are tons of little animal characters with accessories) because I'm afraid at this age she'd wreck my dollhouse that I've saved since childhood, which is really beautiful hand-made wood and electrified and which my own mother spent a lot of time wallpapering and shingling while I was sleeping, lol! I actually went up to the attic to look at my old dollhouse and started planning some refurbishing so I can give it to my girl when she is around 4 or 5. So adults definitely like playing with dollhouses! Actually, the original dollhouse in the Sims 1 was really a nod to the fact that the Sims game (especially the base game of Sims 1 - anyone remember playing that!) is in essence a dollhouse for one's computer - a dollhouse in a dollhouse... ironic.

I read an article a while back in the New York Times about how children/tweens are so into playing the Sims and touted it as the dollhouse for the new generation of kids. I will definitely have to give my daughter her own copy of the Sims (whatever version will be out by the time she is 8 or 9) since mine is very hacked to probably a NC-17 rating. It will be fun to play with her, though - she can have her households interact with mine! She has already expressed interest when she has seen the game on my screen - especially when I showed her a household that had a new baby and a toddler and had my self-Sim as well as my mother as a Sim (Grandma!). It was a bit difficult trying to explain that her Sim was now a teenager about to go to college (totally bizarre "conversation" where I found myself saying, "look how pretty you grow up to be!" - mind you, I'm a totally sleep-deprived single mom!)

If I remember correctly, I think the dollhouse in Sims 1 was adult-playable which is probably why they made the animations... why they only allow adults to "kick it" though is beyond me. Kick a dollhouse! How awful! LOL.

Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 6:33 PM
I thought adults could already play along. When a child or toddler is playing with the doll house, teens and adults can join. They just can't start playing by their own.
Or at least, that's what I remember, but don't quote me on it.

Anyways, great job!
Page 1 of 2