Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED! - Maxis Road Tarmac - Now with curves!

by AresInferno Posted 27th Oct 2007 at 6:25 PM - Updated 23rd Dec 2007 at 3:54 PM by AresInferno : More details

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:12 AM
Great idea! I have wanted this for a long time.

Swedän rules, not.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:23 AM
YES you reading my thoughts
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 10:25 AM
Thanks for these! Its always kinda bugged me that they weren't available in the catalogue.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 11:19 AM
I may have missed out some of the pieces when packaging it all. Alert me if there are any problems or missing pieces. I may create a diagonal version if it is requested. I will also try to fix the colour issues if possible. The only other problem that i know of is that the current dotted line tarmac pieces are a different colour. I may make a new version where it is all this off colour and you may have to completely remake the road. But i think this guttering works well in the middle of the road well too. Theres also some arrows out there that i have been using, i may make some with the colour of the dotted road lines and cross walk.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 2:08 PM
great job, thanks!

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 5:57 PM
I've been waiting for something like this.. I officially love you for doing these. *big, sloppy kiss* :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 8:10 PM Last edited by AresInferno : 28th Oct 2007 at 11:18 PM.
Glad you all like it. I may have to find a curved version in game or make my own one. (not sure how it will work, but it will eventually)

EDIT:

half way done on diagonal pieces. Slight problem with them being distorted to fit on half a 64 x 64 or 128 x 128 square. Made some arrows. Going to do the disabled signs. Curved corners will be hard
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:17 PM
Good job! When I lost some of this by accident while building I tried to make them myself. But they were much to bright, yours are way better!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 11:17 PM
Getting started on curved piece. I will be making it from scratch because the curves i extracted on the road corners (not on lot) are way too big and the colours on them aren't right anyway because only the colours on the road pieces on lots are right. Any other ideas for road pieces? I have tried making absolute center dashes but i may ave to make them off center like maxis did.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 4:21 PM
Thanks for doing these and for sharing them with us all! Much apreciated.

// G

"Sims2 is life... all the rest is just details!"
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:12 PM
Your work is very much appreciated.
I have many ideas for University lots.
I would also love your curved piece…
Love the thought of making roundabout or even
half-round drive ways. Thank you.

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 10:56 PM Last edited by AresInferno : 3rd Nov 2007 at 2:23 AM.
The curved piece isn't going to well, it means making one with pavement, grass and tarmac on the other side of the curve. I took the pavement tile and when putting it on the curved piece, it goes a very light colour. Also, i can't get the grass to look quite right. I have also notice that placing several diagonals in a line means a gap between them. I am starting on this now. Another zip coming! Maybe ill upload a blank lot with all the pieces in it. Would save downloading and installing all them sims2pack files.

EDIT:
Curved tile with pavement, grass and tarmac is practically done. Thinking about doing an outside curved tile, currently it is inside curve, 2 x 2 tile.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 10:24 PM
Thanks. These are great.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 8:56 PM
Testing curves ingame. Improving them. Realising that i have missed some rotations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 5:40 PM Last edited by AresInferno : 23rd Dec 2007 at 3:56 PM.
Wow, totally forgot about the curves. The truth is that they aren't very good but i have decided that i will upload them soon. Please, i want to see buildings with these roads used uploaded here and me credited. I would just like to see how things turn out. They went well with my McDonalds that will soon be demolished for the "Super Healthy Supermarket".

CURVES UPLOADED!
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 2:02 AM Last edited by fillyteen07 : 23rd Jan 2008 at 3:10 AM. Reason: Tiles don't show up in game
thanks i was fixing a house I downloaded and realized that there wasn't the gutter tile for the road only the middle kind since the person who created it had a lot of bumps and stuff in the road.

Uh I downloaded them and I looked at this one lot to fix the house, and the tiles don't show up
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 7:38 PM
Maybe if they don't show up it is a corrupted download or something, they should show up. They are in misc. Try downloading them again?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th May 2008 at 11:09 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was finally able to fix a missing road tile!!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 10:16 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I'll probably use this a lot!
but maybe not, oh well, nice to have anyway!

I'm just another one of those simulated Sims.
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 3:24 AM
I love this idea to death, but is there any chance you could upload just the floor files themselves, if you're still about? I mean, if my math is right, that's 117 sims2packs that have to be installed individually, and that's kind of insane. :/
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 11:10 PM
Great work man, but you should post/have posted this in one file.
Again, great work
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 9:43 PM
Thanks now i can make lots on lots :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 11:51 PM
Thank you so much! :)
Page 1 of 2