Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sleep-More Crib - A Special Edition Kinder Kontainer

by Claireh82 Posted 9th Nov 2007 at 2:47 PM

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 2:57 PM
this is soooo perfect! finally my tired and sleepy sims can get their rest when baby manages to sleep through the night! thanks again

if you ask me what im thinking.... the answer is always the same.

girl with a one track mind over here.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 3:16 PM
Thanks, this will be VERY useful!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 5:57 PM
wow! this is really great! the crying toddlers are often sooo annoying!!!
thanks a lot!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 8:09 PM
thank you so much!
i really need this!

I'd rather be a square peg in a round hole
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 8:41 PM
yessss! thank you :D
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 9:40 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 9:50 PM
yay! I love it so much!! Thanks!!

*downloads the crib and goes to her game to try it out*

Wish I could prove I love you
But does that mean I have to walk on water?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 9:50 PM
My HERO!! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 11:09 PM
Glad you all like it!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 11:34 PM
Thanks this is a helpful download
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 11:45 PM
Thank you!
All my sims are poor and have the cheapest beds, so their toddlers keep them up so much, they're always tired!
Instructor
#13 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 11:46 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 2:22 AM
BRAVO!!! What a wonderful idea! Why didn't we all think of this *years* ago!?!? Our Sims would have been a LOT less grouchy! ;-D

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 7:28 AM
thank you very much excellent idea!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 8:11 AM
Awesome idea! Thank you very much.
Instructor
#17 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 11:37 PM
There is already a hack out from Inge. How does this differ from hers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 12:55 AM Last edited by Claireh82 : 11th Nov 2007 at 1:02 AM.
Thanks everyone.

I have never seen this hack from Inge, and it doesn't appear on MTS2. I am sorry if such a hack already exists but I did not know about it or copy it.

EDIT: I have been over to look at simlogical and found this mod. Inge's is a global mod that works more on a time based system, baby sleeps from 8-6 only on a night and the mod doesn't effect daytime etc.

My mod is an object mod so just affects this crib, and instead of being time based its motive based, the crib fills the sleep need slower than a regular crib hence making the toddler sleep longer at any time - basically at the same rate as the sleep need is filled for an adult sim in the base game expensive bed.

I hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 2:28 AM
Actually, when i downloaded this, it made the parents abd normal child go from a close to empty energy bar to a full one in under 2 hours and did not affect the toddler at all. The crib hadn't even been placed on the lot. Did you test this fully?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 7:20 PM Last edited by Claireh82 : 12th Nov 2007 at 7:26 PM.
Yes this has been tested fully in two peoples game however I will go back in game and see.

As this is an object mod there is no way it could possibly effect your adult or child sims though, or at all effect game play without being placed on a lot. This is not a global hack and hence does not effect game behaviour outside of the specific object when it is placed and in this case used.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 7:51 PM
Ok just been back in and tested against mums sleep time in the expensive base game bed, they are still just the same which is how the mod is set to function. (I have all the EPS in game and very little custom content).

May I suggest checking your downloads folder for other hacks that are effecting sleep times and that you actually place my crib and put the toddler to sleep in it before you comment on whether it effects toddler sleep times.
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claireh82
Thanks everyone.

I have never seen this hack from Inge, and it doesn't appear on MTS2. I am sorry if such a hack already exists but I did not know about it or copy it.

EDIT: I have been over to look at simlogical and found this mod. Inge's is a global mod that works more on a time based system, baby sleeps from 8-6 only on a night and the mod doesn't effect daytime etc.

My mod is an object mod so just affects this crib, and instead of being time based its motive based, the crib fills the sleep need slower than a regular crib hence making the toddler sleep longer at any time - basically at the same rate as the sleep need is filled for an adult sim in the base game expensive bed.

I hope this helps.

Ah that clears it up. Thanks for the quick reply. I will keep Inge's though as I have so many different cribs and need them to sleep until 6am. So global is the way to go for me.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 8:30 AM Last edited by Simsane : 18th Mar 2008 at 8:36 AM.
I also have Inge's mod and do like it. But, I wanted to thank you anyway because a friend of mine has an "unusual" game configuation (she bought a game that EA only put out around Xmas of 2006 which was the base game and a Xmas stuff pack -- but her base game has coding from Uni and Nightlife in it as well (?!), hence, I have been very leery of having her install global mods for fear they will not work correctly in her games. With this mod, I do not need to worry that it will hurt her games. So I am REALLY happy to see that you have created this.

It's also a little strange, just this morning I was thinking about how she doesn't like having a toddler because they wake up in the middle of the night and thinking, "too bad I can't mod, if I could, maybe the energy and comfort rating on the crib could be reduced and then the toddlers might sleep longer"! That was this morning and then tonight I find this mod! So again, thanks so much! :D
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:42 PM
This is one of my favorite mods. I wonder why Maxis doesn't make cribs with lower energy ratings? Sim Mommies need a break too! LOL
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th May 2008 at 3:24 AM
Im glad you made a new crib. I wanted toddlers to sleep all night, BUT I know real babies don't. And Ive seen this before, but as global mods not new items. But this is great because I can use the original when I want more realism, and use this when my parents are just too tired for it!
Page 1 of 2