Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

High Chair to Allow Toddler to Eat New Foods - Testers Needed

by rebecah Posted 20th Nov 2007 at 11:12 PM - Updated 21st Nov 2008 at 1:57 PM by -Maylin-

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 2:12 AM
~Rebecah you are amazing,thankyou so much for making this & all your wonderful creations~
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 4:44 AM
Thanks Rebecah, fantastic work as usual. Shall test and let you know.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 4:04 AM
I just dl'ed this with the food. The only problem I'm having is that I have 8 toddlers screaming for food. The moment I turn around the toddlers are out of the chairs. I put all the parents in rooms where they can't get out and there's only one parent putting the kids in the chairs and feeding them. The kids just pop out of the chairs and on the floor.

Lord let me live this day so that if I found it was my last I would have lived it no differently.

"It's the simple things in life you treasure."
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 6:35 AM
Then an error is causing them to jump out. I will check to see if I can duplicate it. Are you toddler real low on any of their needs, I did have this happen with my swing once when the toddler was almost starving, I also think the bladder being real low caused this another time.

Thanks very much for taking the time to test this and to report the problem you found.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
Then an error is causing them to jump out. I will check to see if I can duplicate it. Are you toddler real low on any of their needs, I did have this happen with my swing once when the toddler was almost starving, I also think the bladder being real low caused this another time.

Thanks very much for taking the time to test this and to report the problem you found.

Yes, they were starving, low bladder, and really tired.

You're welcome. I've always wanted some other kinds of food to feed the kids besides porridge.

Lord let me live this day so that if I found it was my last I would have lived it no differently.

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhinsmsi
Yes, they were starving, low bladder, and really tired.

You're welcome. I've always wanted some other kinds of food to feed the kids besides porridge.

I will recode it to trigger sooner. I did that with my swing but forgot to do so with the highchair. I believe it is mainly the bladder that causes the problem, at the point they are about to pee themselves.
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 12:24 PM
Hey Rebecah,
I love all of your stuff..I can't even recoulor so I am amazed by your talent
I am having a problem with the new foods and highchair. If I click on one of the other food options the sim gets the food out of the fridge to feed the toddler, but as soon as they close the fridge the bowl of food dissapears?? So I have not been able to use any of the new foods yet. Looks like I am the only one having this problem, so I am wondering if it is something I have done or need to do? Thanks for all of your great stuff and hard work, everything you make is amazing!
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisa5500
Hey Rebecah,
I love all of your stuff..I can't even recoulor so I am amazed by your talent
I am having a problem with the new foods and highchair. If I click on one of the other food options the sim gets the food out of the fridge to feed the toddler, but as soon as they close the fridge the bowl of food dissapears?? So I have not been able to use any of the new foods yet. Looks like I am the only one having this problem, so I am wondering if it is something I have done or need to do? Thanks for all of your great stuff and hard work, everything you make is amazing!

Lisa,

I think some of the foods may need a certain EP. It's ashame they aren't working for you. I think someone else does have this same problem.

I know the corn soup I created with just the base game settings but I did not actually test it in a base game. Life Stories doesn't have a highchair so I can't even test it in that. I did have the foods dish disappear once when I was first creating these but I made changes and I never had it happen again. Do you have both the bowl and the food in your download directory?

Do the foods do the same for both the highchair and the animated swing?

You may also have something else that is causing a conflict.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 6:12 AM
Hey Rebecah,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. You know I never thought of trying the swing...I have both the highchair and the foods in my download folder. I use the boolprop cheat don't know if that makes any difference?? I have all the expansions through bon voyage, but none of the stuff packs. I am going to try without using boolprop and see if that makes a difference...I love the swing and bouncy though either way! I never thought babies and toddlers would be able to swing Thank you, Lisa
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 3:46 PM
Lisa I use the boolprop cheat also, actually I almost never play the game without it. So I don't think that is the problem. I also don't think not having the stuff packs would make the difference either. If you could try my animated swing found here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=258658 and let me know if having that helps. That was the first item I created for the foods. Maybe it's needed for the foods to work with the highchair. It shouldn't make a difference but it's the only thing I can think of right now.

It's hard for me to figure out exactally why it wouldn't be working for you as I can't seem to recreate the problem.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 6:45 AM
Hey Rebecah,

It is working I tried it in the swing and ever since it is also working in the highchair...thank you so much for all of your help. I look forward to see what you make next Lisa
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 8:27 PM
All of your uploads are fantastic! My sims usually have large families, and I was starting to get bored by the lack of variety in the game. Now that my younger sims can swing, play on their tricycles, skateboards, and bikes, and even eat new foods, the game is a lot more fun for me. (I'm also a huge fan of your single-tile cribs and changing tables, by the way!) I'm amazed by how quickly you keep putting out new creations, and by how useful they all are! I hope you'll continue to create and share them with us.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 8:50 PM
Thanks so much for all the nice compliments. I really appreciate that you all take the time to give me your opinions and these encourage me to what to create more for you all.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 1:52 AM Last edited by MonicaV1982 : 22nd Dec 2007 at 1:54 AM. Reason: typo
I love your high chair and swing, but I'm also having problems with the toddlers teleporting out when food is placed given to them. Otherwise they stay in it just fine. Oh, and it doesn't matter if needs are low or not, and I have all the expansion packs and non of the stuff packs installed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 3:23 AM Last edited by rebecah : 22nd Dec 2007 at 3:24 AM. Reason: add thank-you
Quote: Originally posted by MonicaV1982
I love your high chair and swing, but I'm also having problems with the toddlers teleporting out when food is placed given to them. Otherwise they stay in it just fine. Oh, and it doesn't matter if needs are low or not, and I have all the expansion packs and non of the stuff packs installed.

When they teleport out that means an error occured. I haven't had it happen when food is placed in front of the infant/toddler, only when there's no food. I am trying to figure out the cause of the error but have not been successful so far. I do know it has something to do with the code in the test for food portion of the code.

Thanks very much for taking the time to report the problem MonicaV. I really appreciate it.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 12:48 PM
This is great, but I'm having the same problem as someone else had earlier. The Sim opens the fridge to get the food, and it disappears in their hand. I have all EPs and SPs except H&M. The only food that works for me is corn soup, and I believe I tried it in the swing and it still didn't work. :-/
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:28 PM
I've just downloaded and tried these and I'm having the same problem that CarmeeKitty is having that after the sims opens the fridge and gets the food it disappears in their hand. I have all EPs and Sps to date.

Any help would be great. Thanks

~Vanilla~
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:56 AM Last edited by rebecah : 5th Jan 2008 at 1:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Vanilla_Sim
I've just downloaded and tried these and I'm having the same problem that CarmeeKitty is having that after the sims opens the fridge and gets the food it disappears in their hand. I have all EPs and Sps to date.

Any help would be great. Thanks

If you don't have a american version of the game it may not work for you. Please see Simotized new versions:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=259472

I updated the corn soup today. Please try that and see if you still have problems. You can find it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=258658
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 10:17 PM Last edited by rhinsmsi : 5th Feb 2008 at 5:58 AM. Reason: question
I haven't reloaded but when I put a different sims' child in, with nothing low, and served her food she popped out. I tried several times to put her back in and ended up putting her in the second high chair - there are twins - and just served regular food and she stayed in. That was the only problem lately. I've also had a child pop out of the swing when nothing was low. LOL He probably got tired of waiting to get out!

EDIT:
Did you get a chance to look at the code? I wasn't sure because of all the neat animal animations you've been creating. Those are just so neat! *squee*

Scholar
#21 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 12:18 AM
Oh ThankYou Rebecah! It is Wonderful to Have New Choices to Feed Toddlers!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 5:05 AM
Hi, I wanted to post an error txt. from the high chair if it helps to identify problems. I can't understand it but maybe someone else can interpret what the problem may be.

I wondered since I use a default replacement food for toddlers, maybe it is throwing errors? I don't know, but I will continue to test. Taking out the default food now. Let you know the results in this post. :D
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N002_t245388.rar (17.2 KB, 6 downloads)

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Hi, I wanted to post an error txt. from the high chair if it helps to identify problems. I can't understand it but maybe someone else can interpret what the problem may be.

I wondered since I use a default replacement food for toddlers, maybe it is throwing errors? I don't know, but I will continue to test. Taking out the default food now. Let you know the results in this post. :D

It's saying there is no stack object present. Could you please tell me what it was in the process of doing when this error was thrown?

Do you have Free Time installed? If so I do not think this is going to be compatible with the Free Time EP. I have been working on a new version for Free Time but so far I'm not able to get it working properly.

It is also difficult to know if the default replacement is causing a conflict. Could you tell me what you are using and where I can find it so I can test it?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 10:18 AM
Sure, anything to help.

The toddler was being put in the chair to be fed. When the nanny went to the refrigerator to get the food, the toddler popped out.

Yes, I do have Free Time. Aww, oh well I understand. This is a good idea, sorry it doesn't work with FT.

I tested the highchair again without the default in my game and errors were being thrown just with the toddler being near the highchair, so I took the objects out my game. LOL, I always wanted some new foods for my toddlers, but I guess not with this mod, for me. The default replacement food I use is by bienchen here.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 3:39 AM
I just thought I'd chime in to say that I have all EPs up to and including Seasons, and I'm also having issues with the toddlers popping out of the highchair when the food is placed in front of them. I'm also not seeing the foods by simotized that I downloaded - only the corn soup shows up as an option.

I'm going to try redownloading everything, then will see if using the swing or having the toddler's motives higher makes any difference.

This is a terrific idea (as are all of your creations), so I really hope the errors can be figured out!
Page 1 of 2