Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Double Lifespan - Global Aging Mod

by SomeSimmer Posted 1st Dec 2007 at 2:32 PM - Updated 31st Dec 2012 at 9:57 PM by Phaenoh

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 3:24 PM
cool idea... but i want to use inteenimater...so nothing for me...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:31 PM
Wow! I've never used inteen, but this could come in really useful! I hate trying to do everything in such a short amount of time! Although, the infants will probably still drive me insane- its hard to keep them happy for two days; four is scary!

Thanks, SomeSimmer! I'm going to play right now! :D

Al
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:57 PM
It this mod by any chance compatible with the Toddler Mod you just put out? Or is there a way to tweak them to be compatible? They are both really awesome, but I want both! :throws toddler-ish tantrum: Anyway. Good job on these, and I'll probably grab this one anyway and if it ever becomes compatible with the toddler one, I'll grab that one too.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 5:11 PM
Hmm... I really can't decide if I need this. I hate toddlers and infants but more adult time would be excellent.

I'll decide later. Good work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 5:14 PM
These mods are not compatable with each other, or with other aging mods. If you look at my original post, it says that.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 5:22 PM
What do you mean it doesn't affect Sims that already have been created? I'll have to recreat my Sims again so the hack works on them?

you can be my black kate moss tonight.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 5:23 PM
That's correct; sorry.

PLEASE REDOWNLOAD
This version has no change to the infants' lifespans from the original Maxis. Enjoy! =D

DOUBLE LIFESPANS WITH LONGER TODDLER LIFESPAN
Sorry, but they cannot be tweaked to be compatable, as far as I know.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 5:57 PM
Oh, okay.
How long is each of the lifespands exactly?
Toddlers are...8 days?

Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 6:41 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! You made it! Thank you!

BTW, anaxtina, you can try setting days left for your sims with the InSimenator.
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alkaloid
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! You made it! Thank you!

BTW, anaxtina, you can try setting days left for your sims with the InSimenator.

what do you mean?
"Setting days"?
I'm sorry if I'm perstering you.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 8:10 PM
Every lifespan, except for infants, has been doubled.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 1:18 AM
By "setting days" Insim has a mode (shaped like an hourglass) that if you use it, it can set back the days your sim has left in their age. You can also reset their age totally and make them go from an Elder to a teenager instantly-the only problem is that their aspiration gets reset back to family, no matter what they were before.
I've done Mortimer Goth back to an adult, but he has his gray mustache with blond hair. Off-putting, but workable. Once I have him as an adult, he has not aged perceptibly, because I keep setting it back to the beginning.
As for this mod, it sounds cool, but since I have Inteen, I can't use it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 10:18 AM
Yippie! Now all my Harry Potter neighbourhood Wizards and Witches shall not die at the mere muggle age of (counts fingers) 68 days.

If you were I, and I were you, my clothes probably wouldn't fit. And also, there is practically no chance of that ever happening, thank goodness.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I've done Mortimer Goth back to an adult, but he has his gray mustache with blond hair. Off-putting, but workable.

He always has blonde hair because that's his actual DNA. Even if you use agesimscheat, the same thing happens.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
As for this mod, it sounds cool, but since I have Inteen, I can't use it.

I believe the problem is, from a post on my realistic ages thread, that a "mature teen" concept (or something like that), which is handled by InTeen, is thrown out of whack.
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anaxtina
What do you mean it doesn't affect Sims that already have been created? I'll have to recreat my Sims again so the hack works on them?

you can use the boolprop testingcheatsenable true cheat and the shift+click on you sims and the click on spawn and the sim moddler.

if you click on the sim moddler, there is a option that allows you to turn a adult back into a teen, child and toddler. or turn you sim into a elder or back into a adult.

the sim moddler is a baby.

this mod is the best. I like how the adluts now can live for 58 days instead of 29.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:38 PM
Maybe for someone will be interesting keep look on this mod too:
http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi...c.php?f=26&t=13
Alchemist
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 3:37 PM
Wonderful! Thanks,
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 4:32 AM
This is cool. Thank you very much :cylon:
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 4:06 PM
Aww, Boohoo I have InTeen and dont know how to delete it
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 2:43 AM
I don't know if it was just my system or what, but when I downloaded the Mod, I could NOT open or run EP6. When I deleted ONLY this mod (since it was my last download) I was once again able to open it. I have no idea why, but I thought I'd let you know.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:24 PM
I would love a potion or elixir that makes the sim age 3 days in an instant. (Like the elixir of life sometimes does if they drink it below gold aspiration).

This to make age differences between the sims more realistic. It's not really realistic that 5 sims have a birthday at the same time just because they were created into the same family in CAS.

Hope someone's up for it!
/Mequila

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 9:21 PM
i think it would be handy to shorten the life span and stages actually
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 10:20 PM
One thing I want to know is: Does the age double for teens in universal? or do they stay the same?

Tsubasa Kaze
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th May 2008 at 5:31 PM
Hello,
I love your idea, but I discovered that it disabled the "age other neighbors along with sim" option that came with FT. Just thought that I would let you know.

~Y
Page 1 of 2