Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Default Skins with Blonde Infant Hair

by Recoradyn Posted 11th Dec 2007 at 9:52 PM - Updated 22nd Oct 2008 at 2:18 PM by Recoradyn

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 6:28 PM
I love these and would definitely be interested in all others you've made--
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 6:44 PM
Hello
Oh how cute, I would also be interested in more of this type of skin.

One question tho, am I to assume that this skin replaces one of the Maxis defaults.
Or do I need to use it on one or both of the parents to have the chance of the infant having it?

Thanks for adding to the enjoyment of our favorite game hobby
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grandmarmalade
Hello
One question tho, am I to assume that this skin replaces one of the Maxis defaults.
Or do I need to use it on one or both of the parents to have the chance of the infant having it?

That is a GREAT question!

These DO NOT replace the Maxis defaults they are just customized versions of them so you WILL have to create at a least one parent with this customized skin tone to get infants with hair. I have not yet learned how to create default replacement skins but if anyone who knows how wants to turn these into default replacements I wouldn't mind at all.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 8:27 PM
Please do make more, I have waited along time for someone to do this thank you soooo much.
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 11:55 AM
A wonderful first upload, you are very kind to give them hair! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 3:16 PM
I love them, the little head with the hair looks so cute! And so real! Thank you!

It would be wonderful if someone could make them default replacements... anyone? :-) I'd do it myself if I knew how, the little ones are gorgeous!

Best regards,
/Capricce
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 7:33 PM
This is cute! Question though...if a baby is born with this skintone, will they always have blond hair when they grow up? This is adorable, but I'm a little concerned, like, if a baby with black hair genes has blond hair as a baby and then the blond hair becomes black when he/she is a toddler...I hope that makes sense. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarmeeKitty
This is cute! Question though...if a baby is born with this skintone, will they always have blond hair when they grow up? This is adorable, but I'm a little concerned, like, if a baby with black hair genes has blond hair as a baby and then the blond hair becomes black when he/she is a toddler...I hope that makes sense. Thank you!

I think I understand you what you mean and the answer is ... If you create sims with one of these blonde skin tones but either parent has black hair there is a chance that you baby will have blonde hair when they are born but have black hair when they become a toddler.

Examples: If you create a mother sim in CAS with one of the skin tones and with blonde hair but she marries a black haired sim, it is possible that their baby will be blonde when born but have dark hair later on, you will know if the infant has black eyebrows at birth.

To insure that all of your infants have the correct hair color you will have be certain that there parents have the same color hair as the skin you choose to use. This can't be helped YET, I am working on a few ideas to fix that but it will take a while to implement IF it can even be done at all.

For now It doesn't bother me because I myself had black hair when I was born which turned blonde when I was child and is now a natural medium auburn, my God-daughter had red hair when she was born and then it turned blonde so things like that do happen in RL too.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:54 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 3:40 AM Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 10th Sep 2008 at 12:46 AM.
These are great!

(No more bald babies! WooHoo!)

Any chance you could explain how you got the infants to use the toddler hair? I would love to add infant hair to some of the skins I've been playing around with in Body Shop!

Thanks!

-ZW

*** EDITED ON SEPTEMBER 9th ***

Just wanted to say thank you (again) for these awesome skins!

Also, I have succeeded in making four of them into "Dependent" Default Replacements (thanks to HP's "mixed method tutorial) which makes me very happy as I was afraid I was going to have to edit all the Sims in my 13 Hoods by hand via SimPE in order to be rid of bald babies.

Thanks again for the terrific skins!

-ZW

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 1:02 PM
i love it but i don't know how to downlode from anything