Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Sea Chanting, Please!

by Grapholina Posted 13th Dec 2007 at 10:21 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2007 at 1:12 PM by Grapholina

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 10:40 PM
I'm so glad you made this - my sims won't stop singing the Chanty and the NPC's started to do it too. Finally I can get some peace!

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 10:49 PM
FINALLY, thank you! I made the same mistake of letting one sim learn it, and now his whole family knows it, and he continues to teach it to every single sim he meets.

That was driving me positively insane! Thanks for saving me from the nut house.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 11:15 PM
OMG I LOVE YOU FOR THIS!!
My sims are so crazy for this song! they keep singing it all the time x_x

thanks for making it <333
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 1:05 AM
THANKYOU!!
i was getting so sick of my sims singing that annoying as song

thanx heaps ay x
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 1:37 AM
My sims have the nerve to roll that want. I hate that chantey. Ugh! If this works, you will be my new hero. Thanks so much for sharing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 2:05 AM
Just wait -- now that you've stopped them from singing the sea chanty, your sims will want to do nothing but tai chi, tai chi, tai chi. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 2:14 AM
OMG! I thought I would have to avoid the sea chantey forever! Kwillag told me about this problem (being a close offline friend of mine) and I dreaded this happening to me! Now I can allow my Sims to learn it without the song driving me bonkers. lol

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 3:00 AM
Thank gosh someone made this hack! If this works (which I'm sure it will), I'll give you a big hug. :D

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 8:52 AM
Which vacation spot do you learn the sea chanty? Is it different from a gesture?
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 9:54 AM
Thanks goodness! This will sure be useful for me! Thanks,

Hi potstickers, have a look here:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...cation_mementos
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 11:29 AM
You saved my life!! It was so annoying! Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by potstickers
Which vacation spot do you learn the sea chanty? Is it different from a gesture?

On Twikki Island. On the lot where the pirate ship is. If you plunder the captain's cabin, he'll chase you out. You need to go back to the captain ghost, entertain him until "Learn Sea Chanty" comes up in the menu.

You gotta have faith . . .
www.Grapholina.com
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 3:16 PM
This is great Grapolina!!! Thanks so much for sharing it!!! Any chance of having ne of this for autonomous Tai-Chi?

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 3:21 PM
I have never in my life experienced such an annoying habit as the Sea Chantey. Calling it an "epidemic" is, by far, an understatement. I am eternally your slave, Grapholina, for having expunged this song from my life.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarciAraujo.ts
This is great Grapolina!!! Thanks so much for sharing it!!! Any chance of having ne of this for autonomous Tai-Chi?

Sure, I can make one just for Tai-Chi. If anybody else is interested in it.

www.Grapholina.com
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grapholina
Sure, I can make one just for Tai-Chi. If anybody else is interested in it.

Positive! I'm interested!

And, by the way, great mod! This song was also driving me crazy!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Theorist
#18 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 3:34 AM
thank you!
Instructor
#19 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 2:40 PM
I thought it would be nice for my sims to learn the little sea chanty. The Prima Guide said they would do vacation learned stuff a lot at first, but over time, they would do it less.

I think this sea chanty might be exception, and five sim days of hearing that crap every spare minute was driving me NUTS!!! THey wanted to do do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again - no sooner that they finished the damn song, they were at it again!!!

I can not possibly thankyou enough!!!

This mod is very much appreciated!!!

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 7:02 PM
could you make something that stops sims from hanging loose/chest pound/bow autonomously? But the locals will still do it to you as long as you haven't learned it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 12:29 AM
Actually I love sea chanties!! I love it so much, I sing along with my sims. But you did a good job on this (I just won't download it).

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy. (I'm one of the 2%. Never drank or done drugs before in my life.)
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 1:54 PM
I love songs, too, but so many Sims singing ALL the time... well... I just couldn't put up with that.

www.Grapholina.com
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 2:06 PM
It sounds like a good mod but I don't think it's that annoying. Infact it's good my sims have a hobbie before the hobbie ep. xD (I may download it WHEN I get driven nuts by it!)

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#24 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 3:33 AM
Thank you.. This is one mod I will live with to keep my sims from singing sea chanties.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 3:55 AM
Farkin' chantey was making me reconsider if I really wanted to try for all 45 mementos with more than the family working on it, now. Tai chi, not so bad; it's quiet and tacks on skill building. The real question is how to avoid adopting Bigfoot. LOL

Thanks so much!
Page 1 of 3