Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Space terrain for dirt neighborhoods - 19. April Space Sky Added

by Rowenaenchantress Posted 18th Dec 2007 at 5:59 PM - Updated 24th Nov 2013 at 12:21 AM by leefish

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 6:27 PM
This is very unique, and very cool. Thanks!

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 7:03 PM
Wow, Space! The final frontier! This is so spacy! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 8:05 PM
oh sweet!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 8:31 PM
So great! Better than having a Galaxy class ship flying over a grassy plain (unless someone wants to make deco cows for the neighborhood ).

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 9:05 PM
Great idea!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 10:28 PM
cool idea. I never thought of this!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 10:40 PM
This is a very cool idea! Looks good, and all this cars flying through space...
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 12:39 AM
I've been waiting for this with fingers crossed. This is sweet. Thank you.
Question: What happened to the architecture on the Vor'cha there? It kind of dissapeared.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 1:08 AM Last edited by Eliskuya in darkness : 20th Dec 2007 at 8:31 AM.
by the way what dose it look like when you enter the ships

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 3:34 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been hoping someone would make something like this - right now, the best I can do for my Trek neighbourhood is to have it appear as a night-time asteroid (well, sort of), and that leaves far too much to be desired. But no more, thanks to you! Yay!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 5:51 AM
It works best with Strangetown or similar terrains without water or neighborhood flora
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 1:51 PM
Now, that's a good idea Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:09 PM
Jasonduskey: I don't know what happened to the ship. That picture was taken in the neiberhood view and I didn't find out what the problem was. When I enter the lot, it looks completely normal.

Eliskuya: The second picture with only one starship is taken in the lot and not the neiberhood view, so you can see quite clearly, what happens. The stars replace the default grass even on the lots.

To all: I'm really, really glad you like it. It's the firts time I really dared make somthing on my own!
I can't do anything with the cars unfortunately, but... well, better than nothing.
By the way, if you want me to do something else with the roads (like it is now they're visible only when you zoom close, where you can see smaller stars closer to each other), let me now and I'll try. :-)

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 8:59 PM
I just love the space. Exellent!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 9:07 PM
I can't speak for evryone, but I like the roads the way they are.
I really like your avatar. Right before my laptop died, I had a tough-as-nails bridge commander on the U.S.S. Valkyrie (a Miranda Class) that looked a lot like your avatar. I really miss some of the simmies I created.

Forum Resident
#17 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:15 AM
Default Not really related to the thread, but...
Couldn't figure out how to attatch all the pics to a PM. This is just a teaser, they're mostly finished, but I need to do some tweaking.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 8:21 AM
Jasonduskey: Oh WOOOOOOOOW! This is amazing! Do you by any chance know when they may be finished?
btw I'm really honoured you show them here... :-)

Forum Resident
#19 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:06 PM
It'll probably take me a day or 2 to edit the BHAVs so that different objects from the set affect different skills. As soon as that's finished, I'll be uploading.

Forum Resident
#20 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 4:06 AM
Default Teaser!
Again, not thread related
Screenshots

Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 8:22 AM
Thank you so much! I have been searching high and low for a space terrain. No one else seems to have created one. I was wondering, has anyone come across anyone who has created a sky that also resembles space?

Live in the know...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:04 PM
Soobok: Hm... I haven't seen that, but there was something like a sky holoprojector on MTS, so I can try to find it and make a recolour of that, to match my terrain. But I can't promise anything, I'm not that good.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 11:55 AM
I have made and uploaded a spacey recolour of a sky holoprojector, if it gets approved, it should appear here shortly.

Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:07 AM
Thanks for the referral. Oberkorn's sky holoprojector starry sky recolor works well with your mod. I can't wait to see your recolor.

Live in the know...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 3:42 PM
The recolour was uploaded on April 5th, but it has not been approved yet. It seems we all must wait... but it's been done. :-)

Page 1 of 2