Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden Flowers w/o ground cover

by Targa Posted 22nd Dec 2007 at 9:22 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 11:57 PM
Thank you so much! I have wanted this since I first got the game!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 12:27 AM
I only wish I could thank you more than once!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 1:18 AM
sweetness! thanks for this :D

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 2:00 AM
I can't tell you how much the ground cover irks me. I really like that you have left them needing some TLC - and nature friendly! Sim Gardeners salute you.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 4:46 AM
are they defaults?

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 5:38 AM
Thank You so very much, it had annoyed me to no end about those flowers being that way.
It takes a great creator like yourself to come along and fix this for us.
Alchemist
#8 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 9:05 AM
Amazing! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 10:09 AM
long time no seen
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 1:20 PM
Love them - beautiful! Thank you
Forum Resident
#11 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 5:35 AM
This is so totally cool, Targa! You know, I always like to use the boolProp SnapObjectsToGrid cheat so I can scatter the flowers around and they don't seem like such a pattern but the stupid ground cover would make it look unrealistic. So you have fixed an annoying problem for me! Thanks again and good for you!

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:56 AM
Great idea. Thanks!
Instructor
#13 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 2:47 AM
Thanx soo much I've wanted this since I seen HP's Plastic ones! I'm soo happy you did this, I didn't think it could be done because HP said so, well all the thanx again!

Yeah and if HP got a star for hers then you definitely deserve one for these!!!:D

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th May 2009 at 7:12 PM
Thank-you thank-you thank-you! I've always wanted to have my flowers scattered all about but that infernal ground cover just emphasized "I AM A SQUARE!!" so much I couldn't do it. So a million thank-yous for making these! :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 7:51 AM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 28th Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SparkleSim
This is so totally cool, Targa! You know, I always like to use the boolProp SnapObjectsToGrid cheat so I can scatter the flowers around and they don't seem like such a pattern but the stupid ground cover would make it look unrealistic. So you have fixed an annoying problem for me! Thanks again and good for you!

Targa, thank you, so very much!

And thank you, SparkleSim, for an interesting idea for my field of poppies, within a Land Of Oz lot that I just started working on.

Now, I can try for some "closer rows" with a wee bit of a random jiggle to keep things a bit more "natural", I hope?

*** (Update)
I just ran into a serious screen-lagging problem with too many poppies for my field in Oz. And also, I had to go to "Liberated Plastic Flowers" to get away from an impossible "perpetual gardening" problem, even with a simple outline of "real" plants. (So, maybe, some "poppy paint" might be in order?)

... Jim ...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 7:21 PM
Wonderful Idea! Thanks, Targa!