Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 1:34 AM Last edited by scampy1 : 29th Dec 2007 at 7:13 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Base Placement squares disappear- Problem fixed.
If you have a look at the pics then you will see my problem. I don't know what to call the green squares that appear when you place the objects. But they disappear when I place them inside the house. I haven't tried another house yet but I will when I get back from my aunt's house. How can I fix this problem? Yet when outside in the backyard they appear.

Before you say try 50/50 method I have only added two items to the game since I last viewed/played the house. And they were a wall and floor I created. So I think the 50/50 method might not apply.
Although I will try if I can't find another cure. I want to upload this house but can't until I fix this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Merry Christmas!

have added a couple of pics. The one with the carpet shows no placement squares yet I haven't placed it. The other pic is of the roof. I though it may give a clue as to what might be happening. This is the only where this problem occurs.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 10:22 AM
Try the 50/50 method. Well, after removing all CC and testing, to determine whether or not it'll help.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 11:59 AM
The green placement squares are actually on a sort of mesh themselves, and it is possible that they are lower than the floor covering you have. Do they reappear as soon as you move the object back outside? I think also there are settings in the config files that dictate how high up things like this and the green placement squares for new lots are displayed above the terrain. Certainly for the lot placements anyway, so I am just guessing there is something similar for the object placements.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 12:10 AM Last edited by scampy1 : 28th Dec 2007 at 7:50 AM.
Thanks for your replies. I see in the post I wrote I missed one word: house. So the line should read: This is the only house where this problem occurs. Really sorry about that.

I think Inge Jones is right. As soon as I placed the objects outside the green placement squares reappear. The weird thing about this house is it's the second time I have had to rebuild. I Had a problem with the roof on the first version of the house. I couldn't place a roof manually because it kept saying something about a curved slope inside the house. So I deleted the lot and restarted. Now I have this problem. I really like this house and I want to upload it but can't I guess with this problem.

Would I still be able to upload the house?

Would levelling the lot using the levelling tool fix this problem? No it doesn't.

I found the cause of my problem. I have attached two pics. You can see the bamboo placed on two small squares. Those squares are foundations with half walls around them and bamboo placed on them using moveObjects cheat. When I removed the foundation from those two small squares my problem had gone. So problem solved. But can someone explain why placing the foundation there caused this problem? Thanks.
Screenshots