Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tricorders and Phasers

by jasonduskey Posted 30th Dec 2007 at 3:52 AM - Updated 17th Sep 2008 at 10:33 PM by jasonduskey

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 9:59 AM
Wow this looks cool and I'm going to be the first person to download it!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 10:03 AM
Awww. Whish I'd had these when I wrote my story.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 10:58 AM
OMG! Yayz! *huggles Jason* Thank you thank you thank you!

And you called me sister! I feel speshul... :D

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 11:03 AM
I was looking forward to this ever since you mentioned them and I never expected you would make so many objects. You're the super-best! *dance of joy*
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:12 PM
OMG! I remembered the previews and I could not wait when you upload them. They are FANTASTIC!
I hope you don't mind me using them with my Star Wars sims.
Thank you so much for sharing!

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:27 PM
I didn't realize you were FINISHED with these. I thought you were still tweaking them. I can't keep up with your projects J! Totally "stunning"! If only people realized the effort that goes into those lot creations as well. YOU TOTALLY RULE! This is a great addition to our Sci-fi Sim world!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 12:40 PM
This is truly AMAZING!!!!!!!

Resistance is Futile
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:04 PM
I think you would be wise to keep the Romulan with the disruptor away from the warp core.

The Cardassian method of handling trash is pretty cool, though.

Is there a way to adjust the "beams" so that they come out of the device where one would expect?
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:05 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! These are *amazing*! You should be proud of these, they are just perfect for the Trekkies and anyone else who wants a little Sci-Fi in their world! Thanks for all of the time and effort, it really shows!
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:21 PM
These are great!!! I am downloading right now for my Trek Sims.

Thanks!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:33 PM
nea200pl: I have a Star Wars set planned, but it's still a long way down my ever-expanding projects list. I had thought about doing a DL-44 blaster with this set, but never got to it.
lordrichter: I can try to move the beams again, but it would be difficult to line them up exactly. The original beam object doesn't exactly jibe with the the lower handle, the place where I set the the phaser shapes in SimPE. I'll work on it when I get to it, but it will be a process of trial and error.
Thanks, all of you, for the feedback.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 7:30 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so cool!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#14 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 7:57 PM
They're here! They're here! This is so awesome, it defies words! (And it got picked, too - it's about time, if you ask me!) THANK YOU from the bottom of my Trekky heart!

(And now I *really* need to get cracking on those Romulans and Klingons, if only so they can have proper uniforms to match their new equipment. )
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 9:22 PM
Nixnivis: We both know the picking system is broke, sister. I don't conform to the paradigm of sitewide sameness, so my stuff doesn't get picked.
lonebard: Actually, she's a failed experiment. I was trying to resize Nix's uniforms to different body shapes (in this case, BBB's Athletic girl) and the texture map doesn't exactly jibe with the mesh. That's why the sleeves are gimped out. If I can find the time, I'll try to package her or have a look at how I made her.

Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#16 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 11:48 PM
Quote:
I was trying to resize Nix's uniforms to different body shapes (in this case, BBB's Athletic girl) and the texture map doesn't exactly jibe with the mesh.

You know, it looks more and more like I need to do a slim bodybuilder version or the like of my uniforms; I've run into people trying to convert them all over the place, but since I'm sitting on the original PSD files, it's much easier for me to make them look good. I think I'll add it to my project list... somewhere where I might get to it before the end of 2010.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:02 AM
Awesome! Thanks! :D
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:50 AM
love the starfleet phaser. Great fun at parties!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:04 PM
I know that these do not need Uni. The fingerprint scanner came with the base game and it's career rewards. Please update this thread.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 10:25 PM
Uh-oh, it's the upload police. I mean seriously, don't you have anything better to do with your time than find miniscule things to nitpick about involving other people's creations? Get a life, dude.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:20 AM
Where did you get the Romulan uniforms from in that picture?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 6:26 AM
Lonebard: the hair is XM sims, female, page 26. I don't think I even messed with makeup, she started her sad little electronic life as an object tester. The skintone is one of the AG skintones from Insimadult. (I think it's the light skintone) The failed attempt at making a uniform was by me
Carenrose: There was this little Italian site that posted it, a while back. I searched everywhere, but I can't find it.

Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:18 AM
Thankyou so much. I was looking for this earlier in the week because I was creating some Sci-Fi Sims in Pleasantview to stir things up there. I just think that it's too pleasant. But thank you for this, they're wonderful!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:20 PM
I've seen them. Not the most useful object if you ask me. Are you posting to inform other users or to shill for simswardrobe?

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jasonduskey
Lonebard: the hair is XM sims, female, page 26. I don't think I even messed with makeup, she started her sad little electronic life as an object tester. The skintone is one of the AG skintones from Insimadult. (I think it's the light skintone) The failed attempt at making a uniform was by me
Carenrose: There was this little Italian site that posted it, a while back. I searched everywhere, but I can't find it.

http://www.drlatasic.altervista.org/

There you go, Jason. :D

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Page 1 of 2