Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

La Maison Béarnaise

by Sophie-David Posted 1st Jan 2008 at 6:30 AM - Updated 4th Feb 2008 at 1:07 AM by Sophie-David : Updated with new Simple Columns

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 9:16 AM
Youhooo ! I'm the first ! Bravo Sophie-David it's a wonderful house so typical from my heart's region ! Really I love it ! :lovestruc
Good luck in this contest ! And a lot of thanks my friend !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 1:51 PM
Fantastique!! I'm very happy to see some french typical houses!! Though I'm french, I'd never seen Bearn house before, but my sims will play with it.
The house is great. M**** pour le concours!!
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 3:02 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 5th Jan 2008 at 10:43 PM.
Default A Slight Problem with the Kitchen Chairs - Fixed!
Thank you! I was happy to do this house, it was a great learning experience for me. If not for Mihura suggesting this project and finding this house for me, it would not have happened. So a lot of credit goes to her.

The following problem has been fixed in the version that is now online...

Because this house uses completely new furnishings, it is slightly different from the house that was play tested. In play testing, I found that the kitchen chairs and tables had to be eased over slightly in the direction of the circular staircase so that the Sim eating in the chair closest to the stove did not become temporarily trapped. Press Control-Shift-C and then type boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false to allow the chairs and tables to be moved over slightly.

I had adjusted the position of the table and chairs in the release version, but with no Sims to test them, I guess I did not move them quite far enough. Note that the chair with its back closest to the circular stairs will still be on the kitchen floor, rather than on the wood floor of the living room.
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 8:08 PM
Its really beautiful and makes a good contrast to all the other farms that are also amazing but rather American.

Thank you very much for sharing
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 10:54 PM
Thank you Jon! It did me good to learn a bit about a foreign culture. The interior smallness of this house did remind me a bit of my English childhood, but there are many differences too.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 8:33 PM
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 11:10 PM
Thank you Brighten11! I wouldn't mind visiting the actual house...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 8:42 PM
Nice job, merci

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:20 PM
Thank you Patul! It is nice to see that we ended up with a few French houses in this creator challenge - enough to start a neighbourhood.
Instructor
#11 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 6:09 PM
Wonderful. Make that 163 downloads. 12 thumbs up, (I have five dogs).

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by obsessisim

Thanks!
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 11:34 AM
This house is absoluteley perfect.So typical,realistic,inviting.A dreamhouse!
Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us.Hugs.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 3:02 PM
Thank you for the delightful compliment, Merhlicht. Yes, I wouldn't mind living in the original - its only asking 202,500 €
Instructor
#15 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 12:19 AM
Spoke too soon!

Oops, make that six. I have got to stay away from puppies. My Sims are getting a lot of use out of this lot though, I use it all the time.

I'm eleven hundred and twenty-years-old, jus' gimme' a frikkin' beer!
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 6:48 PM
Oops, make that six. I have got to stay away from puppies. My Sims are getting a lot of use out of this lot though, I use it all the time.
Great! Thank you for the encouragement.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:41 PM
I love the house but i don't know how to open it in my game!
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lottesims2
I love the house but i don't know how to open it in my game!
First you need to unzip the archive and copy all the package files to a Downloads folder. Then double click on the LotSegment file so that Clean Installer or the Maxis installer will install the lot in your house bin. When you are running the game the house should appear in the house bin so that it can be placed somewhere in your neighbourhood. I hope that helps, lottesims2.