Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacement Templates For Far East Locals

by Syera Posted 6th Jan 2008 at 10:44 PM

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 11:06 PM
Thanks! I'm Japanese and with BV I was hoping for some new Sims resembling my ethnicity. Of course, I can understand why they wouldn't want to release the expansion like that; some might be offended by the use of "stereotypes." I like your set though, so thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 11:14 PM
Oh, and with Japan's current street-fashion these days, blond hair is a huge trend! I'll add some crazy neon eyeshadows and be all set.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 12:53 AM
This is great but I dont have those folders. Mine goes straight to the Sims2 folder, then I have a neighborhood folder in there....& yes I have all the eps. Help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 1:24 AM
Sounds like you're looking under My Documents. Try C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate\A001\Characters.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:20 AM
This looks interesting - the generic sims walking around in kimonos doing the sea shanty was driving me nuts - but I already have vacation neighborhoods set up. It might be a good idea to link to a howto on deleting/regenerating vacation neighborhoods...I'm going off to look on my own but I think lots of others wouldn't know how.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 3:59 PM
Great upload. I have one question: I have CAS replacement mod in download folder do I need to take them off, does that conflict with this mod?
Theorist
#8 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 5:41 PM
No, these won't have any effect on your CAS replacements.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 7:11 PM
Thank you, thank you! The non-Asian look of the Far East locals was driving me buggy, and it seemed wildly insensitive of EAxis, to boot.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by m618915
Great upload. I have one question: I have CAS replacement mod in download folder do I need to take them off, does that conflict with this mod?

Nope. The templates used to create the default* BV locals are separate from the templates used by BodyShop/CAS.

*However, if you remove one of the locals from the pool (say, by marrying one of them), the game will spawn a completely new one using the CAS/BodyShop templates and the game's name pool.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 3:17 PM Last edited by Permanganate : 10th Jan 2008 at 2:48 PM. Reason: Further problems
I deleted all vacation neighborhoods in all neighborhoods and recreated them, but only the names were new, not the faces. I then uninstalled Bon Voyage (deleting all savegames/content), reinstalled, reapplied this mod, and same thing - new names, old faces.

Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 8:56 PM
I have no idea. The files you downloaded are definitely where the facial structures are kept. Could you perhaps take some screenshots?
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 12:16 AM
Hi! Thanks so much for this, it will make the game so much better, I love Asian sims, and I was so disappointed about the lack of them in BV. that I posted a complaint on the exchange, it got deleted (surprise! surprise!).
There's not much one could do for those chest thumping mountain idiots, but have you any plans to make Polynesian sims for the Island bcause that would be really great. Anyway thanks again have a great day.
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 9:29 PM
This is wonderful, thanks.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 2:44 AM
Aha! Thank you, it always bugged me that the destination was the "far east" -- yet the locals don't even look remotely Asian! This solves everything, thanks so much. :]
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 7:14 AM
Thank you so much for this!

"Cant sleep... Clowns will eat me." -- Bart Simpson
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Sulphur : 19th Feb 2008 at 9:37 PM.
What if we are using empty templates? Can I still just dump your files in Characters folder? If I remember correctly, I replaced A001_Neighborhood.package file with the empty one.

EDIT: Nevermind, I fished out the old file from game CD. Somehow I don't believe these replecements would work with empty template.
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 9:02 PM
Hi,

great idea!

I´m interested in making my own templates for all Vacation Neighbourhoods.
Can you tell me, how you have createed yours, please?

Vicky
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veni_vidi_vicky
Hi,

great idea!

I´m interested in making my own templates for all Vacation Neighbourhoods.
Can you tell me, how you have createed yours, please?

Vicky

I was actually going to ask the same thing, only I wanted to replace those god-awful Free Time hobbyists. >.<
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th May 2008 at 5:00 AM
Hey, absolutely amazing idea. I literally dreamed about having better npcs in takemizu village. So, I would also like to know how to make custom templates for all Vacation Neightbourhoods. Can you please tell me (us)? If its not too much to ask for. And how can I change their hair color and clothes?
Scholar
#21 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:25 PM
Cool Thanks May I Ask You This Though Could You Do Somthing Like This For The Townie's And For NPC??
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:15 PM
i'm having difficulties finding the exact file location to put this in. I don't have any of the file locations anyone has mentioned nor do I even see any folders indicating it belongs to bon voyage
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th May 2009 at 1:45 AM
I haven't played much BV yet - so does that mean the Far East locals are all going around right now with names like Allyn, Meadow, and Goopy? That's just . . . odd.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 12:21 PM
can u do something like this, but to other holiday places. Sorry my bad english ;(

わたしは、あなたを愛しています
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:01 PM
Very cool!

So...any chance of a tutorial?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Page 1 of 2