Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DEFAULTS - Jealousy V2 by lovebottle

by akplaysthesims Posted 8th Jan 2008 at 6:53 AM - Updated 30th Nov 2008 at 3:36 AM by reflects

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:25 AM
cool, my method is catching on. Glad you did it this way rather than assume everyone would pick the same 5. It might be easier for everyone involved to regroup all of them into one download though, or at least by color family. That is a long list to scroll through. I'm impressed with your willpower, that was a tedious task I'm sure.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
cool, my method is catching on. Glad you did it this way rather than assume everyone would pick the same 5. It might be easier for everyone involved to regroup all of them into one download though, or at least by color family. That is a long list to scroll through. I'm impressed with your willpower, that was a tedious task I'm sure.

I didn't really realize that this was a method. I just thought it was the best way to do it. It literally pleases everyone

I had put all the zips into one zips, but I couldn't include it because you're not allowed to upload double compressed files. But I figured it wouldn't take long to pick which five you want and download them. It's really only five files, and the downloads are labeled as organized as I could make them. :D

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 6:15 AM
I had started doing this when I made my eye defaults, and people all commented that it was the best way of doing it. I just thought it made sense too. Maybe stick each of the five of a color together? I dunno, but yeah, double zipping is just bad, crunh-crunch-crunch...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I had started doing this when I made my eye defaults, and people all commented that it was the best way of doing it. I just thought it made sense too. Maybe stick each of the five of a color together? I dunno, but yeah, double zipping is just bad, crunh-crunch-crunch...

You mean organize it by Maxis Default rather than by lovebottle's shades?
I suppose you could do that. But I did it the other way around.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 8:44 AM
Okay i need to get this clear.
Lovebottle has made 10 different shades of the Maxis Default colours?
So this is why you set your file out like this?

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:37 PM
You know what? You. Are awesome. I understand your dl files and organization perfectly, and I'm loving picking out my own defaults. THanks!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 12:53 PM
I love This, Thank you so much, no confusion, no fuss, I know it had to be extra work on you to do it this way, but us downloaders really appreciate it. The eye colors are really nice too.

Thanx So Much,
TickleYu

CRUNCH*A*TIZE ME CAP'N!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exportdry
Okay i need to get this clear.
Lovebottle has made 10 different shades of the Maxis Default colours?
So this is why you set your file out like this?

No, lovebottle has made ten shades of eyes. I in turn have turn EACH of those ten shades into EACH of the Maxis defaults (that is, ten shades x five defaults = fifty choices).

Now, you get to pick your shades. If you like number ONE and you think it'd look great as DARK BLUE, you download ONEasDARKBLUE. If you like FIVE, and want it to be your BROWN, you download FIVEasBROWN.

Hopefully that clears it up. I don't know how else to expain it. =/

Basically, if you want a green colour to replace your default brown colour, you can do it. If you want a grey colour to replace your default dark blue colour, you can do it. If you want ONE colour to replace all five of your defaults, you can do it. :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dulcetpurr
You know what? You. Are awesome. I understand your dl files and organization perfectly, and I'm loving picking out my own defaults. Thanks!

Thank you

Quote: Originally posted by TickleYu
I love This, Thank you so much, no confusion, no fuss, I know it had to be extra work on you to do it this way, but us downloaders really appreciate it. The eye colors are really nice too.

Thanx So Much,
TickleYu

It was a tad tedious, but comments like yours make it worth it ^_^ Thanks!

Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 10:12 PM
I know you don't want to condense it into less files because you think people will only download 5 files total. However, I like to download all of them and save pictures so I can pick and choose later and change it once in awhile. So, I would like all of these, but downloading 50 files individually is insane.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by potstickers
I know you don't want to condense it into less files because you think people will only download 5 files total. However, I like to download all of them and save pictures so I can pick and choose later and change it once in awhile. So, I would like all of these, but downloading 50 files individually is insane.

It's not that I don't want to; it's that the way I did it wasn't acceptable (double zipped). But I've uploaded an "ALL" file. I was just waiting for someone to ask

Instructor
#13 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 4:40 AM
This is brilliant. My anal retentiveness loves this organization and the fact that you did Lovebottle's Jealousy V2 set (which is my favorite set).

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reflects
It's not that I don't want to; it's that the way I did it wasn't acceptable (double zipped). But I've uploaded an "ALL" file. I was just waiting for someone to ask

Thanks. I thought someone else in the comments has asked for less files to download, though.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jan 2008 at 2:14 PM
reflects, I just wanted to say THANKS! I appreciate all the sharing everyone does, but it is greatly appreciated when multiple dl's are zipped to an "all" file like you did so that downloading does not take all day! Thanks again for your work. Hope others take note of your bright idea.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 11:17 PM
That must have taken ages! But they're awsome so ty times a billion xD

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
This is how long I spend playing The Sims 2
Wow, my head stopped my body from getting really hurt on that! Johnny Knoxville
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 1:00 AM
Thank you SO MUCH... these are absolutely phenomenal, and it really must have been tedious to do one zips. Gorrrgeous!

YoU wIlL gIvE mE cOoKiEs.

*remains cookie-less*

...you seem to be immune to my mind control.
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 5:41 PM
Thank you SOOO SO MUCH! It is so great to be able to pick and choose what I want for my defaults...for me, it seems weird to have two different shades of blue as default (not exactly the real-world norm), so this is wonderful.
Scholar
#19 Old 26th May 2008 at 6:22 PM
I love these! Must download! ;D Thanks for uploading!
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:36 PM
Thanks so much for these! I'm very picky about any defaults that I have in my game, especially the eyes (usually because the grey looks too similar to one of the blues) so having the option to pick and choose which colours I want as which eye colour is great!