Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fourth-Wall Options

by maybesomethingdunno Posted 18th Jan 2008 at 3:46 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2012 at 2:29 AM by maybesomethingdunno : added keywords (Thanks, Cat! :) )

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:14 AM
you got to be kidding me...*hears a wall beark and hits downloade*

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:27 AM
Thankyou! i remember getting so frustrated waiting for my stupid sims to look at me!

I like KITTIES!!! and yeah....

Oh, If you like stories with adventure, comedy and fantasy, check out my story "A Little Fantasy" at Sims2.com. Link--> http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=182176
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:31 AM
Brilliant! Only Deadpool should be allowed to break the fourth wall.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:39 AM
Awesome! I don't like being stared at, especially by things that shouldn't even be aware of my presence. Does this also stop them complaining or cheering at you when you direct them to do certain things?

Please see my profile for my share policy!

b <3 e
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:32 AM
What's a fourth wall?

I stand for equal rights for all living things except little sisters who stand at the top of the Stairs brushing their teeth while you're trying to get ready for school. Also, all hail the letter E.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:45 AM
Force_E_Vorenia - "Fourth Wall" on Wikipedia - basically, the fourth wall is the audience, and in most theatrical productions, the actors should never show that they know the audience is there. Sims noticing the player is a game-type translation of this term...

maybesomethingdunno - Great idea, and cute name - I -love- the "look at me now!" version as I always have to sit there and wait for them to do so when taking pics for upload (they look so darn disinterested otherwise!) so that's totally useful. Thanks!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#8 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 7:38 AM
Cool idea! Thanks,
Alchemist
#9 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 8:11 AM
Thank you, I love the camera-look (which seems was used the first time by Oliver Hardy & Stan Laurel, then it became one of their peculiar moments and put it in every movie) it gives the idea that there's a real interaction with the damned little sims hehe
Thanks again and ciao.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 8:57 AM
Brilliant.

Its so frustrating when your trying to set up a scene, only for one of your Sims to turn and wave at you!!

Thanks For This Great Hack

~Purveyor of All Things Pantyhose and Feet~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 9:56 AM
This hack is SO useful, for movie makers and storytellers who want their sims to look somewhere, for movie makers and storytellers who don't want their sims to look at them, for people who are scared, for people who enjoy... I never even thought of that, genius idea!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 10:29 AM
I'm loving this already! I can't wait to try this out. I hate waiting for sims to look at me. (...sometimes it takes longer than when my game loads... and that's a good while.) Thanks a lot for sharing this! :D

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 11:03 AM
This is great. Sometimes the fourth wall NEEDS to be there. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 12:57 PM
This is fantastic! I was going nuts during one of my photoshoots for a contest, when my sim kept looking at me.
Simply marvelous, thank you
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 1:56 PM
Yay that's it! No more waiting and goodiegoodieing around until someone eventually might decide to risk looking in my direction.. try to have two of them doing it at the same time and you've already lost. Those little freaks xDD
Really this is cool. I wanna hug you for creating it. *hug* ^^
Thank you!!
Theorist
#16 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:08 PM
Great, thanks a lot. This is so useful for me
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:36 PM
What a great idea! This is going to be so useful. Thank you!

Worlds Apart: An urban fantasy. Now playing...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:48 PM
Hi MSD,

I downloaded "Look at Me Now" and put it in my game. Unfortunately this does not work at all. When i click on the sim and select "Look at Player", nothing happens. I have all EPs and SPs. Please help. I really need this for storytelling.

I love realism in my game. But not to the point where it looks ugly.
Theorist
#19 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 8:42 PM
A great title, MSD! The Sims in your screen shot look like they are about to experience a "Close Encounter of the Third Kind"! :D

I can see the usefulness of both mods. Personally I like the Sims spontaneously breaking the fourth-wall during regular game play. Likely I will be using LookAtMeNOW for screenshots from time to time. Thank you!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 8:43 PM
Wow, thanks everyone.

louisacoletta:
Hi. Have you read the "Known issues"? There is a range of certain camera angles in which this works. The Sim will not snap his or her neck to look at the camera. Unless desired, I could include the BHAV that turns the Sim's body towards the camera; however, this may ruin any poses that the player may have set up.

Ryazan:
No, it does not address the "why me?" or "HOLY COW! Yes, I would love to clean the filthy public toilet that is so dirty it has green fumes coming off of it" animations. I am adding an experimental version that seems to address this issue (at least in part).

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 9:07 PM
Thanks for this! It is a bit annoying when they want to eat or pee or whatever and look at me waving, when they're in free will mode. Maybe this will stop it.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 9:14 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 18th Jan 2008 at 9:23 PM.
JeffL1965, that is a problem addressed in one of the hacks at MATY (link in my original post).

Added: I believe it is the "dontwaveatme" hack.

Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 9:39 PM
thanks MSD. I tested it for a bit and noticed that it wasn't compatible with most of my other hacks. when i corrected that i noticed that it did work, but with many limitations. nevertheless, this is incredibly helpful once you get the hang of how it works. Thank you so much for your effort!

PS: Is it possible to make a version of this that makes the sim look at a particular sim? For instance, make Betty look at Veronica? instead of making Betty look at me?

I love realism in my game. But not to the point where it looks ugly.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 9:53 PM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 18th Jan 2008 at 10:04 PM.
Glad to hear you got everything sorted out, louisacoletta. I am curious, may I ask what hacks this conflicts with?

As for your request, I am afraid I cannot make any promises. I did see where a Sim could be instructed to look at things other than the camera, but I just do not have the time right now to try to explore the capabilities of the "Look at" BHAV. I encourage others to do so though.

I'm about to leave and be gone for a good while, but I will check in later or sometime tomorrow to see if there are any problems.

Thanks again, everyone.

Tumblr
Scholar
#25 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 12:42 AM
Thanks for this, I can really use this

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Page 1 of 4