Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Yumedust's Eye Love made Townie-Friendly

by faithvssam Posted 20th Jan 2008 at 12:56 AM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 6:59 AM
Oh my, I spent an hour doing it yesterday, if I had waited some hours it would have spared me the entire hour I spent geneticizing and making townie-friendly this eyeset, so I won't download these as I have my own, but even so thank you!

Need to bin the hair you create? To geneticize your eyeset or skinset? so PM me!:)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 7:56 AM
Omigosh! Thank you so much! You have no idea how happy these make me. I love these eyes and it seemed a bit of a shame that townies only had the 5 defaults to choose from.

Thank you, thank you, thank you~~~ :D:D:D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 9:39 AM
These eyes are beautiful, I have them in my game. Many thanks for the addition. No more ugly and comic-sight townies!.
Banned
#5 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 10:18 AM
Thank you for these.
They'll be good.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 4:27 PM
Beautiful!! Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:00 PM
So, these aren't defaults? But instead all eyes have a recessive/dominant genes?! That's wicked!
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:59 PM
Awesome idea ^.^

Now my townies will have more eyes to choose from. Yay! Thanks a lot! :D
Alchemist
#9 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 4:37 PM
This is almost even better than defaults! Great, thanks,
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 5:28 PM
I've never really understood how all that works. If I have some of Yumedust's eyes as default on my regular sims, and they breed with the townies, what will happen? Will this sort of defeat the purpose of Defaults?

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reflects
I've never really understood how all that works. If I have some of Yumedust's eyes as default on my regular sims, and they breed with the townies, what will happen? Will this sort of defeat the purpose of Defaults?

No it does not.
The default ones makes it that all existing townies/downtownies/npcs and playabled that uses the 5 Maxis base colours show those eyes instead. This prettify the existing Sims, in my opinion because I hate the Maxis eyes.
Now, those won't do that. If you remove you default-replacement to put those, all of your existing sims will revert back to the old Maxis eyes. I'm guessing you don't want that.
What this one will do is that upon creation of new townies, those colours are added to the 5 existing colours that the game can pick from. So if you put them all you will have 47 colours that the game can choose from. Well, if you already have those eyes have default you will have 42 different colours and 5 copies. But what I recommend is just keep your default ones and don't put in the 5 colours from this set that are your defaults.

When it comes to breeding, it won't conflict. The only difference is that the Default replacement ones have 2 levels: dominant and recessive.
This set have 5. So if you have one sim with default brown eyes marry a sim with for example the "ink" colour, the children will have "ink" eyes. But if you have that same sim have a baby with a sim with for example "Silver" eyes, the brown will win and the kids will have brown eyes. And then some colours are the same level that the normal default brown so it will be a 50/50 percent chance, as if you were breeding them with a default darkblue eye sim.

Hope that makes some sense. In short, it doesn't conflict with the default ones or defeat its purpose, it adds to it, but I would remove from my set the 5 colours that you use as default, as to not have copies. But it's not gonna do anything bad if you don't.

I hopw that also answers your question, Nicky123.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 4:45 AM
If I delete the non-townie ones and add these and change the filenames to the no-townie ones I had will it replace the eyes that I already made sims with?? I hope that question makes sense.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 8:35 AM
Awesome! Thanks

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by potstickers
If I delete the non-townie ones and add these and change the filenames to the no-townie ones I had will it replace the eyes that I already made sims with?? I hope that question makes sense.

That's a good question. I've got no knowledge on actual cc-making but I don't believe so.
I know for sure on normal stuff it won't, but since I used the original files... I still don't think so but you could try and tell me? Don't have to delete completely the old ones, just move them out of your download folder and add this version (you can try it with just one colour at first) then go in game and see if the sim show his eyes correctly. If not you just put the old eyes back in your download folder and everything will be back to normal.

I don'T think it's gonna work though. Sorry.
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faithvssam
That's a good question. I've got no knowledge on actual cc-making but I don't believe so.
I know for sure on normal stuff it won't, but since I used the original files... I still don't think so but you could try and tell me? Don't have to delete completely the old ones, just move them out of your download folder and add this version (you can try it with just one colour at first) then go in game and see if the sim show his eyes correctly. If not you just put the old eyes back in your download folder and everything will be back to normal.

I don'T think it's gonna work though. Sorry.

Ok, I replaced them and they still showed up in the game. I do not know if that means it really worked because I didn't check to see if it was changed to genetic. I just deleted the family since I just started them. Maybe it does work.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 8:03 PM
THANKS!!!!! the only thing i have a question is that...when i installed the sims 2 university all the townie sims had those ugly maxis eyes!!! i did not see any that had the default eyes..please explain
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:00 AM
Now I don't have to deal with the maxis fugly eyes lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 7:25 PM
Gee,thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 1:35 PM

the best! I love them