Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Squinge's Grilled Cheese and Date Counter - Repository technique applied (Updated 2008/01/30)

by Lord Darcy Posted 26th Jan 2008 at 4:17 PM - Updated 16th Jan 2011 at 5:49 AM by Lord Darcy

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 5:23 PM
great work. Thanks for improving an old hack. I hope you will consider doing similar work.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 8:40 PM
That's very useful to have this mod AND a nice picture!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 9:52 PM
Wonderful - what a relief! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 10:04 PM
This is a really great idea! I use this painting all the time and used to do the same as you, buy it and then sell it straight on because I hated to see it hanging on the wall in my houses! So thanks very much for this!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 19th Apr 2008 at 5:26 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
This is a Reality Adjustment...
May the Small Gods of the Galaxy bless you for this most blest re-creation(?)!!!

I have been searching for 'The Grilled Cheese Counter' forever, and have loathed the appearance of 'The Date Counter' with, uh, the teensy-weensy little bitty-bit of negativity that I cannot actually get away with, because I'm a cloistered Religious Sister ("nun")---and have to spend almost all of mine and all the other sisters' Confession time---trying to explain (again) what the thingamajig is that I'm trying very hard to not sort of, kind of, dislike a little tiny bit...

(yes, this is for real---it works like that, if you are genuinely committed to becominhg a better what I am already... )(ah, I just express things poorly; ask Numenor... )

...thank you very much...

Maetel of La Metalle
(email from an abandoned planet)
~~Power corrupts. Absolute Power is---kind of neat.

Quote:
I remember when 'Saturns' were space-rockets, not cars...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 10:16 PM
I just, i guess you have to be an insider to get all this, because nowhere in the post does it say what these things/thing does, neither any links to the original which as i understand it, is lost? And mayhaps not even on this site. So yeah, it would be nice to know what these things do, and what is different from the original?
Theorist
#8 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 1:17 AM Last edited by Tashiketh : 19th Aug 2022 at 3:31 PM.
Yes, Squinge left and took all his toys with him - at his request, all his projects were removed from MTS2. The goodbye thread is here. However, a lot of his work has been reposted at the Sims 2 Graveyard and his adult mods remain here. The original Date Counter can be found in this folder.

These are the explanations for the menus in the Date Counter, they all refer to the history of the current Sim:
Dates - number of first and dream dates
Check Wealth - displays lifetime earnings
Romance - number of makeouts and woohoos
Fights - number of fights won and lost
Best Friends - number of best friends
Lovers - number of simultaneous lovers
Hide Painting - hide the painting (this used to be a necessity!)

The original AteGrilledCheese is url removed. I actually have not used it before because I have never played a Sim with the grilled cheese aspiration. I believe it counts the number of grilled cheese sandwiches a Sim has eaten, so that you can track how close the Sim is to satisfying a lifetime want to eat a certain number of grilled cheese sandwiches.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:58 AM
This is fantastic. I assume it's updated for Bon Voyage. I know not all of Squinge's mods are compatible. Of course I'm not even sure this is strictly a mod.

Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 4:53 AM
Oh I am so glad to see this mod of Squinges updated and hope that more are also. I so miss his great mods and thanks to you for being able to bring this one back to us.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 5:19 AM
Thank you very, very, very much. From those who decided to give farewell to Sims communities, Squinge is one of the most important creators. So, it's realy very good to see one of Squinge's creations here, updated. Thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 7:11 AM
2008-01-30: Fixed "Count Simultaneous Lovers" option to count only loves, not crushes.
Thanks to Alexx for information.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 10:30 AM
Thanks, I missed one feature of this hack - it deletes "Best Friends" memories. It is good to have it back.
I agree in one thing - Squinge would sure starv as Painter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 9:55 PM
Simply said-Bless you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 2:42 PM
Thanks for updating this, I have the old painting in almost every house. One of the things I use on the old paintings that it doesn't appear you have included is the "cheats section" which grants private school and satisfies the want for private school. It also had cheats for grades, but I never use that, I just hate the headmaster scenerio! It seems you have modified the counting parts and I use those all of the time, and I appreciate the fix for counting loves, but I would definetly miss the private school cheat. Is there any chance of you adding that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ditzie1
One of the things I use on the old paintings that it doesn't appear you have included is the "cheats section" which grants private school and satisfies the want for private school. It also had cheats for grades, but I never use that, I just hate the headmaster scenerio! It seems you have modified the counting parts and I use those all of the time, and I appreciate the fix for counting loves, but I would definetly miss the private school cheat. Is there any chance of you adding that?

Cheats function is still available in my game. Fixing the bug in counting love has nothing to do with cheats function, I didn't even touch the code for that.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st May 2008 at 9:44 PM
BLESS YOU for this!
Really...

I still have Squinges two paintings and couldn't live without them... but BOY is the Date Counter UGLY... I tend to hide it behind the refrigerator, so that only a little peeks out.

One thing...
I've been hoping and hoping since PETS that he'd update it...
And for OFB as well, although that's easier to get by without...

Any chance of adding (assuming I'm remembering the goals correctly off the top of my head)

PETS
Count PET best friends
Count puppies/Kittens raised

And
Count Top level businesses?

I think that's all that's really missing.. although I may be wrong. I still haven't seen all the new LTwants with the games.. and definitely haven't seen them yet with Freetime.
(I've only seen one new want yet with it... and it was a TOC want.)

"Born to WooHoo" T-shirts and items.
My other designs. Feel free to request new ones!
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd May 2008 at 4:58 PM
Thank you so much for this. It was really annoying that the count loves part also included crushes. I don't know why Squinge did it like that, but it is a very useful tool. I thank you for fixing that and for the better look. I hadn't downloaded it yet when I asked about the cheats section, I just didn't see it mentioned in your description of the painting. Thanks again.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 2:18 PM
Great idea! It saves me a lot of paper work counting out how many first dates/woohoos or whatever my sims had. Thank you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:49 PM
Ah, this is great. So much better looking! One question, though... Does this work as of Apartment Life? I'm not sure why it wouldn't in particular, but I would like to make sure. I'm very careful with the few mods I download.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fireflys_locket
Does this work as of Apartment Life?

Yes. As these hacked paintings do not contain any global codes, they don't cause a conflict in AL.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 6:56 AM
~Yes. As these hacked paintings do not contain any global codes, they don't cause a conflict in AL. ~

Thank you very much! ^_^
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 10:18 AM
The game only gives memories for a few Simoleon amounts, it's SO NICE to KNOW JUST HOW MUCH they've earned. Thank you so much.

Enjoy the sunset but be grateful for the dawn. God never gives me more than I can handle......I just wish he didn't trust me so much. Wheelchairs are made of special ocular magnetic alloy......they're eyeball magnets. I use a manual wheelchair because of a spinal cord injury. Any ?s just ask me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:13 PM
thanks so much! This is very useful!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:39 PM
Thank you! I am starting to think that Grilled Cheese is one of the hardest ones to complete. This lets me concentrate on feeding Ms. Una her sandwiches instead of counting them all the time.
Page 1 of 2