Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The MovesAnywhere Neighborhood Camera hack-moved from Green Lake thread

by daz_far Posted 29th Jan 2008 at 2:10 AM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 9:42 AM by daz_far

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 4:19 AM
Cool thanks
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 4:00 PM
that is the hack i really have wait for
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 12:25 AM
My question is, how close can one zoom in? And how different is it from the other camera hacks?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 8:18 AM
good question, try to avoid hills when using low pitches, the camera seems to dislike them. I actually made this hack for myself because I needed to see an entire neighborhood. I didn't change the zoom in level because this seems to have the same effect as the hills problem i mentioned earlier. I'm new to camera hacking, so I don't know much about the script. In the end, anyone who wants a camera hack downloads it for the same reasons.

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 8:37 AM
hi, do I just save it in my downloads folder or somewhere else? this is the first camera hack i'm adding as Im not too keen on the sound of the gunmod hack as it affects the cameras in game and apparently makes panning extremely slow too - does this??
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 8:38 PM
This looks really kool let me check it out thanks a lot

As you sow, so shall you reap.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hannah19831
hi, do I just save it in my downloads folder or somewhere else? this is the first camera hack i'm adding as Im not too keen on the sound of the gunmod hack as it affects the cameras in game and apparently makes panning extremely slow too - does this??

Camera hacks don't go into your downloads folder, they go into the Cameras folder found in My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\. I haven't known this to cause any problems with me, but that maybe because I have a Dual-core and a nVidia 8500GT graphics card. :D

Printed Notice:
NOTICE: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't actually worth noticing
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
#9 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 12:23 AM
I find this interesting, but I rather keep hold of my camera "hacks", I'll wait and see if anyone is having huge problems until I make any big moves. I checked out the differences between mine and yours, who knows you may have been like me and just typed in numbers(and hopefully nothing goes wrong...) or you actually know something about this, either way you might be starting something good. I'll thank this thread and see how far this goes.

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 2:56 AM
Trying it out, thanks a lot! :3 I hope it works with FT, my last camera mod stopped~ ;_;
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 10:39 AM
Hi - I just got Freetime and downloaded this hack. It did not work in my game at all unfortunately. I could only get the pale blue screen with a tiny spec of something. I could not zoom in or out and could not pan anywhere.

Hopefully, you can get it working with the new EP as it would be great to have!
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 11:47 AM
hi i just got free time and was using another camera mod and now cant get to my familys would you consider updating this one as it looks great thanks...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 1:30 PM Last edited by daz_far : 10th Mar 2008 at 8:32 AM.
alot of people seem to have problems after updating to free time expansion (much like me after putting in Office '07). I haven't a clue about whats going on, or if Maxis has changed the way it reads the camera scripts. All i know is that the clip field (which has nothing to do with zoom, or angle) has changed (the minimum was 10,10,10. Now its 2,2,2)

EDIT: I've pasted in the camera file (I backup everything i send to MTS2 just in case i need it again) back into My Documents without changing anything and it still works for me with FT. If you still have the hack elsewhere try installing it again, redownload if necessary.

Printed Notice:
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 12:17 AM
This is cool, and this is just a note to those w/FreeTime:
Masterofallvideogames' camera hack still works extremely well w/my game.
I will hold on to this, as I like to experiment with the camera hacks, and I thank you so very much.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 3:27 AM
I know this is off topic, but where can I get that terrain file? It would help me so much with the story I'm trying to create.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 8:30 AM Last edited by daz_far : 10th Mar 2008 at 9:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alfa_astrix
I know this is off topic, but where can I get that terrain file? It would help me so much with the story I'm trying to create.

The little neighborhood in the pictures was made by me, i forgot to send it to MTS2, and i hope it will be available soon.

Edit: I have a graphics glitch with FT while using the terraintype cheat, and BGSPro hasn't been updated to support FT yet. Sharing of that terrain has been delayed for a bit.

Printed Notice:
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daz_far
The little neighborhood in the pictures was made by me, i forgot to send it to MTS2, and i hope it will be available soon.

Edit: I have a graphics glitch with FT while using the terraintype cheat, and BGSPro hasn't been updated to support FT yet. Sharing of that terrain has been delayed for a bit.

Thanks man.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 1:27 PM Last edited by daz_far : 23rd Mar 2008 at 2:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alfa_astrix

Thanks for the request, I would've completely forgotten about the terrain. It's still in moderation queue and will be available shortly here.
Note: if it says Thread invalid, then the moderators have either rejected or it still hasn't been moderated. Please try later and ill keep posted should something occur.

EDIT: It's been accepted! Now available at link....i think

Printed Notice:
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 4:51 PM
Great for Movies!
BIG THANKS from Russia!
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 2:43 PM
I have Free Time, and it still works for me! Thank you very much! I really needed this...

Here lies the moon and sun,
Whom together lonely run,
Trying to reach eachother,
And the living not bother...
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 8:26 PM
Im not sure if anyone looks here for trouble shooting anymore but I have been using this hack with out any problems for months. I just installed the new IKEA stuff pack and now it has stopped working and i have lost accessibility to my main family and relatives :s

I've scowered the Internet and MTS2 for any solutions or updates and i cant find anything If anyone has any ideas on fixing this or what the problem could be please PM or post here for anyone else having this problem

Thanks alot guys
Forum Resident
#22 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 3:24 AM
I got the same problem after getting FreeTime.

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 3:04 AM
I've got Ikea and the camera hack work in the main neighborhood, but when I got to University and suburbs it's just a speck in the distance. I tried all the camera hacks on MTS and they all do the same thing. It would be much appreciated if this could be updated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 3:06 AM Last edited by daz_far : 27th Jul 2008 at 3:13 AM.
I recommend that you backup your original camera files. I notice that everytime I install an expansion pack, my neighborhood camera reverts to normal. You will need to install the camera hack every time you put in a new expansion pack. but first you must have the original installed, then have the game run at least once with the original camera script, then put in the camera hack (note, any camera hacks/tweaks can be done while the game is still open)

I hope this helps at least

PS: if you have trouble zooming into your neighborhood, its more than likely that you have set the pitch to 0 degrees. you cant zoom in if the neighborhood is tilted to 0 degrees. Tilt up by using the Middle Mouse button and moving the mouse up and down. Even though the cursor will only show rotation, the real truth is that you can change the pitch

Printed Notice:
Red Sign:
SIGN NOT IN USE
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 5:26 PM
I downloaded this and now my game is all screwed up, aaaand i didnt back up my cam files and all i see is blue, no matter what it doesnt go to my town, anyway that i can get rid of this mod or do u have the back-up files you could send me?
Page 1 of 2