Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Personalizator.

by Alexx58 Posted 29th Jan 2008 at 2:30 AM - Updated 1st May 2008 at 12:14 AM by Alexx58

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 4:16 AM Last edited by VictoryQueen : 29th Jan 2008 at 4:26 AM.
Great job, Alex! May you create a mod for changing a sim lifetime want, too? It`s very boring to have an honest sim, for example, with a lifetime want to be a genius of crime!!! Thanks soo much for sharing your great job!!!
Vicky
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 4:28 AM
Great idea. Does this replace the original juice keg, though? I mean if it does, is there a way to not have a sims personality change, if you just wanted to use it at a normal party?

But either way, this is a great idea. People do change, and it's so frustrating to have to use the "testing cheats" cheat to try to simulate real life change. This is much simpler. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 4:56 AM
Wow, this could make the game more of a challenge :D
Alchemist
#5 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 8:25 AM
This sounds really interesting. Thank you for creating something so innovative! I don't know when I'll be able to test it in my game, but I'll surely use it the next time I'll play. Great job!
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 10:10 AM
This is a object mod not a global mod

Global mods affect the game as soon as you activate
Object Mod are activates when a object is used

Skins in a bottle - send me a link to the skin and IF the creator ok's me using his/her skin I'll make a SCV for it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 10:20 PM
This is a mod that change(or complement) interactions funcionality,no custom or cloned standalone objects used.But you can call it as you like more .
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 6:57 AM
Thanks for this great item to use.
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 10:23 AM
I have a question Alexx as to how long you tested your object and if fine tuned the addictivity. My experiments show that it is extremely difficult to fine tune an autonomous object. If not correctly tuned an object, though not global affecting, can become very unconfortable for the user, sometimes unpleasant. If you change the character of a Sim, what probably would not change stablished personality, there must be a sort of reverse that puts thing back to normal. I personaly don't like Randoms. A calculation must proceed in both ways - to and back.
Anyway nothing to blame on you - Maxis self don't know how to do it. They either let the whole mess in or simply make it non-autonomous.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 3:13 PM
Alexx this is a fantastic idea!

Well done!

Cra5h

p.s Teens are meant to be grouchy ayways though eh?!

Visit VoVillia Corp :)
Cra5h, +Lucky+ WonderKid, Whatever...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
I have a question Alexx as to how long you tested your object and if fine tuned the addictivity. I personaly don't like Randoms. A calculation must proceed in both ways - to and back.
Anyway nothing to blame on you - Maxis self don't know how to do it. They either let the whole mess in or simply make it non-autonomous.

1.Auto advert.of keg is EAxis default.
2.Calculation goes in two way +5/-5 for sloppy/neat,lazy/active etc..Chance of quick changing of personality is minimal.Almost no any chance to gain for
example 25points for Neat if sim drink five times in a row.
And any changes you can notice only after long enough period of playing.
3.I've tested pesonalizator with keg more than 6 weeks before uploading, no
any negative effects found.
Game must be more challenging and dynamic,otherwise I'll stop to play it.
So it's reason why I'm prefer more Random "things" in game.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VictoryQueen
Great job, Alex! May you create a mod for changing a sim lifetime want, too? It`s very boring to have an honest sim, for example, with a lifetime want to be a genius of crime!!! Thanks soo much for sharing your great job!!!
Vicky

Why don't you just download a mod that only allows sims to have WANTS for careers that they have interests in? One already exists, there's one on MATY.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamerxgirl
Why don't you just download a mod that only allows sims to have WANTS for careers that they have interests in? One already exists, there's one on MATY.

Gamerxgirl: I don't need to have WANTS for careers that my sims have interests in (I know this one at MATY). I need to change their lifetime wants.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VictoryQueen
Gamerxgirl: I don't need to have WANTS for careers that my sims have interests in (I know this one at MATY). I need to change their lifetime wants.

Me, too. Could you create a mod like this, Alexx58? Please.
Thsnks a million for sharing your job with us!

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:36 PM
I'm not sure if I understood right but...if you want to change LTW,you can simply to reroll LTW of your sim using for ex. ffsdebugger by Pescado(MATY) or college ajuster by TwoJeffs(InTeenimater).Under menu option "Wants" you'll find Reroll LTW or Cycle LTW.Also Insimenator seems allow to do this too.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 3:00 AM
This is very cool, thanks for this unique mod!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:41 AM
looks great, but WHY a keg? can it be the smart milk object or an object from a pack you can download at the EA store?
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 9:20 PM
lol..a bipolar sim..lmao
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 12:39 PM
GREAT concept, and i would LOVE to try this out. but i'm a little hesitant. say you make a "nice" Sim who, by drinking the juice, turns "mean" over time. is there a way to make the Sim "nice" again without relying on the juice? if not, maybe try and get a mod into it that would do the trick? i'm not referring to creating a "return to default" function, but something that makes it so i won't have to worry about my Sim turning into a huge jerk for a lengthy period of time. lol.

again, i absolutely LOVE the concept!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 1:56 PM
Great work1 thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 12:36 AM
Thanks