Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mind Of A Toy

by Dan Fixx Posted 9th Feb 2008 at 3:03 PM - Updated 23rd Mar 2009 at 11:50 AM by Dan Fixx : link You Tube

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 10:30 PM
Wow! Very clever! A little creepy, but clever as ever! Good job! Keep up the great work! :P

Remember SILENCE=DEATH.
If you're not saying what's on your mind,
you're as good as dead!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 11:04 PM
lol, she reminds me of these creepy doll-like monsters in a game i used to play. they were called Card-Puppets. Anyways, great job!

10/10

May good fortune rule over you,
peace lie in your heart,
and the stars watch over you
#4 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 12:11 AM
This is very original idea and you portrayed it so well, these are quite beautiful. I Instantly thought of the Top Model photoshoot. I will play with her for sure! Thanks!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 3:07 AM
Its an alright looking sim, a little creepy but you should know BDJ's are called BDJ's because they DONT have a fabric body the sentence: "BJD-doll with a fragile, antique-like body, made of fabric." Is an Oximoron.

Thats all...
#6 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 7:53 AM
Andrea, I guess you have never seen the dolls that have both. They are out there, although rare, are valued because of there age. Most were from the late Victorian Era. The torso was either made intirely out of fabric or wrapped/sewn into fabric. They all had the delicate heads and appendages made of porcelain. The torsos that were sewn into fabric were still made made of porcelain, but they later decided to add a very thin layer of padding and a sturdy fabric over it, so it was less likely to break. Dan Fixx did a very good job in protraying this in the skin that the/she made. If you look closely, you will see, in the elder, where the fabric has started to shread. I actually own on of these dolls, so it is completly acurate to make the statement:

"BJD-doll with a fragile, antique-like body, made of fabric."

And even if the doll was only made of fabric, it could still be fragile. I still own my great-grandmother's wedding dress. When I open the case I keep it in, I take much care to see that I don't rip the very fragile material, hence fabric can be delicate and fragile too.
Just so you know...

Anywho, back to the reson I came back. This dolls looks BEAUTIFUL in game and she make some very beautiful barbies, I mean babies. LL. Thank you so much for this piece of art!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 7:53 AM
Oh, the skin for this sim is so creative and clever! I especially love how the elder is worn like a well-loved doll. Very cute. Good job! :3

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:57 AM
Well, it's a little bit strange that a doll can grow up from a baby to an adult one... But the whole idea is excellent! I love that worn and darned look too!
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 4:31 AM
Brilliant Idea I have to say! And yes, I've seen this type of doll with the fabric body many times before. And yes, the fabric is much more delicate and fragile. I love the slightly creepy quality of the doll.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 10:23 AM Last edited by jazcmx : 13th Feb 2008 at 10:18 AM.
Very Clever. Thanks.
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 11:57 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 13th Feb 2008 at 1:58 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
She scares me LOL XDD good work!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 7:11 AM
Pinoccio's Bride? *smile

Fantastic Work!

Thank you. You are so creativy
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:09 AM
i love it!!!
I love the sim and the movie as well. So very sweet! Only if I could find a wind key as in this vid...http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9athUdhH40or mabye some wires for her hands??? :lovestruc

Like supernatural sims stuff? Visit my site where I'll be uploading some goodies! http://eternal2ndsims.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 7:02 AM
i'm scared.... *goes and hides under bed after downloading* lol

One of my sites is here, and the other one is here.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 5:57 PM
Default me too, *sigh*
Quote: Originally posted by hk4ever
I love the sim and the movie as well. So very sweet! Only if I could find a wind key as in this vid...http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9athUdhH40or mabye some wires for her hands??? :lovestruc

me too! omg it's like u read my mind!

One of my sites is here, and the other one is here.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:35 AM
Thanke you im replying cas i have no ide how to comment
thankes i am makeing a vid with this and i wil put u in it i have been looking every were thanke u so so so so so so so so so so.........MUCH!
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:03 AM
lol i have a problem can some one help i have been downloading for years and i downloaded this but its not showing up i went to evey link downloaded meshes the dress and hair shows up but not the skin can some one help me plz???
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bluemagikroo
lol, she reminds me of these creepy doll-like monsters in a game i used to play. they were called Card-Puppets. Anyways, great job!

10/10

Omg u talking about FLYFF?? :3 lolz
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 12:07 PM
this is an amazing sim! you should be very proud
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 7:59 PM
Greetings everybody and thank you all for the very nice comments!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 7:51 AM
This is unbelievably well done, good job and thank you!
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:08 AM
Спасибочки!Очень красивая симка!:D