Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Request: "Fence Post Extenders" That Actually Fit

by Sophie-David Posted 14th Feb 2008 at 3:38 PM - Updated 29th Feb 2012 at 8:39 PM by Sophie-David : Improve the formatting of the text

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 8:05 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(really excited about this, but I think you could prolly guess.) Thank you so much for doing this!
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 8:06 PM
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 8:15 PM
You are welcome. And thank you Phae for the suggestion!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 9:30 PM
wow and yay! thank you for making and sharing these!

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 12:50 AM
Thank you sooooo much for these!! All the stuff that was wrong w/ columns is why I've never used them in my lots LOL Now I can :D

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Scholar
#7 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 3:52 AM
Great addition to our game and very much need!

Thanks you for sharing this great idea with us David. Thanks for requesting it Phaenoh!
Alchemist
#8 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 10:53 AM
This will make building so much easier. Thanks!
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 8:38 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement. Yes, Phaenoh's request was a good idea!
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 12:37 AM
Thank you so much for sharing these i can't wait to use them on my next house. Will you be doing other columns in the future? :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zavaris
Thank you so much for sharing these i can't wait to use them on my next house. Will you be doing other columns in the future? :D
I wasn't planning to do other offset columns unless someone has a specific use for them. I can't think of other offset columns that would go well with fences for example, but I'm personally not much of a builder so I could well be persuaded.

However I am in the process of doing at least all the base game columns in four more useful heights, but without the offset. Simple Columns That Actually Fit contains these same columns in the non-offset position.
retired moderator
#12 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 5:18 AM
...psst... Seasons gave us another nice porch column, just went and checked. All the others suck for this offsetting though...'Country-fried something' maybe?
Alchemist
#13 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 10:29 AM
There's a decorated wooden one - it's called Country Kitsch. It's basegame, and I use it all the time for combining on porch rails. It would be nice to have it offset without fiddling with cheats.

That's my suggestion if you think of doing more. Thanks for these already!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 10:37 AM
Nice ! Thank you !
I'm looking forward to see others columns In particular the craftsman one that I always use in my serie of lots.
retired moderator
#15 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 4:15 PM
looks like I opened a can of worms for you, sorry David!
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
looks like I opened a can of worms for you, sorry David!
Actually these extra requests sound like a bit of fun. I am in the middle of a project right now, but will look at them later.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 7:02 AM
Not quite my building style, but a brilliant idea none the less. This is one of the ones the Maxoids see and say "Why didn't I think of that?"

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jasonduskey
Not quite my building style, but a brilliant idea none the less. This is one of the ones the Maxoids see and say "Why didn't I think of that?"
Thank you Jason. It was of course Phaenoh's idea.

laughin02 has put these columns to good use in a charming starter home here.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:35 PM
Brilliant, I've been looking for collumns that extend to the ceiling for ages!

AKA DocRossim
More content here
Find my artwork here
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 2:54 PM
OHMIGAWWD! You are amazing, I love you, THANK YOU!!!

~Sarah~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 10:18 PM
THIS was certainly needed. Thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 8:13 PM
Thank you for the encouragement Simlander, iamabub and gazania!
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 2:13 AM
Updated: 1/4 Filesize
August 1, 2011 Update: Both objects are now reduced in filesize from about 48k to 12k. Column placement is also more flexible, allowing them to be positioned on beach lots, in the water, etc.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:05 AM
The thing I love the most about these are the off-center positions. As an impulsive/compulsive builder, this gave me wonderful freedom to build in ways that were beautiful and structurally sound. Thanks, and I would love to see the other base-game columns extended and off-set. ;)
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 12:39 AM
Thank you croughman.