Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Higher Hygiene and Comfort for Maxis Showers and Tubs - Updated 2008/07/30, Base Game compatible version added

by Lord Darcy Posted 14th Mar 2008 at 3:30 AM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:11 AM by Lord Darcy : v1.01: Base Game compatible version added

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:02 PM
Good idea ! You did a nice work on this one !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:23 PM
Love these mods you're coming out with.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 7:02 PM
Thanks so much, I really appreciate this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 9:06 PM
Thanks so much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:09 PM
I've been wanting this for years! I was going to attempt to do this myself, however I don't (yet) have the modding knowledge. Thank you so much for doing this! And thanks also for telling us how to fix for custom showers as well. I will try it out!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:10 PM
Yay! Oh, thank you.

It's never made sense to me that a fancy shower would clean faster than a cheap one, and I'm tired of having the same shower in every single house.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:50 AM
Lord Darcy, you did it again! Thank you so much. :-) And I read your WHOLE thing this time and realize that not every shower and tub are all going to be the same -- just equal to the best of their type in the game, lol! This is just perfect! I got so tired of my University sims taking hour long showers, so ridiculous!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 19th Apr 2008 at 5:24 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Awesome job! This really enhances the game! The discrepancy between the expensive and cheap furniture, fixtures and appliances has always bothered me so much--tubs, beds, stoves, etc. Yes, I can see the expensive items should have a greater room impact, or even break less readily, but I will never understand why a Victorian-style shower was deemed more efficient, or the same food cooked by an equally expert chef is more satisfying and nutritious when cooked on an expensive stove than when cooked on a cheap one.

Lord Darcy, bringing product sanity to simming, one mod at a time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:33 PM
Neat idea even if I would have gone in the opposite direction. I'm over 6 foot tall and even the highly priced tubs would be uncomfortable for me.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:49 PM
Hey, nice work! I've been wanting something like this for ages...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th May 2008 at 1:32 AM
Thanks! I'm tired of he same old tub and shower in my houses.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 1:26 AM
THANK YOU!! Now I can have a much better variety of tubs in my big house
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 1:28 PM
2008-07-30: Updated to v1.01. Added Base Game compatible version for people who have only Base Game, or Base Game + Happy Holiday Stuff.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 7:05 AM
Now I have AL. I must move the files in AL-Bins? or it needed un update from you?.Anyway it's a great job.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
Now I have AL. I must move the files in AL-Bins?
Yes, as AL is your new "Latest EP" now.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:17 PM
I have a question. My latest EP is Seasons. It was the last expansion pack that I installed, but I'm using the Bon Voyage disc to play the game. I don't know why, but whatever; it works.

Anyways, I tried putting the file in Bins for Seasons, but it doesn't work. If I try and put the file in Bins for Bon Voyage, would that ruin my game?

I figured I would ask before I tried it in case I screwed something up, so I apologize if this question seems stupid. *sheepish*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 3:04 PM
Wut? BV came out AFTER Seasons. Clearly, your latest EP is BV, not Seasons. You should put the files in BV folder.
"Latest EP" does NOT mean the latest EP YOU installed in YOUR system, in case you don't know what "EP order" means.

Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 12:56 AM
OH! *sheepish* Yeah, I thought it meant the order that you installed it on your computer. I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification. ^^;;
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 8:46 PM
Hrm, I've just noticed that the download instruction tab on this one is off... it says to put things in the download folder when your insturctions are clearly state to put it in the Res/Catalog/Bin --latest EP... I wonder if this has something to do with that the site was changed to this look later then the thread was created... Well, it is just confusing, and for older downloads I've followed the download instructions tab and only read the "updates" didn't scroll down -
-I came here to update from basegame only to AL and Mansion&garden stuff... since I like and use your mods :-)
So I do read the whole thing creators tell you. Can you change the installing instruction tab? for those who don't read? :-/

Yeah, I still like your mods :-D
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM
FYI: Could NOT "save as" into the Bins folder. Had to save/unzip on desktop, then drag to that folder. My computer (or I) am wonky?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..