Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BBQ "Close Lid" (Update 8 Sept 2008)

by anak_ponti Posted 17th Mar 2008 at 4:47 AM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 3:17 AM by anak_ponti

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 6:34 PM
I really appreciate this. It has always bothered me that they couldn't (or wouldn't) close the lid. Especially when Seasons came out. Thanks very much!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:14 PM
Ditto what vinumdimitto said. Another fabulous fan fixes what Maxis left incomplete.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 3:27 AM
Thank you soo much! I've always hated how they left it open. It drove me nuts! This is perfect for me!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Lorea : 20th Mar 2008 at 11:19 PM.
That's great! I was already looking for this!
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 11:54 PM
How come nobody thought of this earlier? This is great! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 2:37 AM
I tried this and I found a problem.
It worked great awhile, but when my sims tried to grill on Char-Pane Grill (FreeTime), the grill caught fire every time!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lorea
I tried this and I found a problem.
It worked great awhile, but when my sims tried to grill on Char-Pane Grill (FreeTime), the grill caught fire every time!

Did you place the bbq inside the house? I try all the bbq in the game inside and all got fire. So only put the bbq outside the house.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:38 AM
Thank you for the quick response!

You're right! The grill was inside. I never noticed before it could be problem.

Thank you for the help!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vinumdimitto
I really appreciate this. It has always bothered me that they couldn't (or wouldn't) close the lid. Especially when Seasons came out. Thanks very much!

me too, and real glad I found this ... thank you :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 3:16 AM
Yep the BBQ has to be outside. Mine always caught on fire inside the house. :P
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:06 AM
Excellent mod. Was really strange that the lids on the BBQ grills -can- be closed in the Lifetime and Pet Stories games but not Sims 2!
Instructor
#13 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:23 AM
AL broke this mod

is it gonna be updated?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 12:26 AM
I love your close grill lid mod - I think it's silly that EA/Maxis only did that for Life and Pet Stories - I hope you get a chance to update this mod for Apartment Life - I just love this mod.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:16 AM Last edited by anak_ponti : 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:26 AM.
Sorry, I don't have Apartment Life yet. And if I do, probably I can't fix that because I only extract the resource from LS_BBQ from Numenor & MaryLou with SimPE. Maybe I try to ask Numenor later.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 5:15 AM
That would be great - no big deal if your close lid mod doesn't get updated for Apartment Life. I lived without the lids being closed before I found your wonderful mod. I actually don't have Apartment Life installed yet on my computer - just on my daughter's computer (she plays The Sims also). I had tested your close lid mod on hers to see if Apartment Life really broke it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 3:11 AM
To knightguy82 & andistyr:

I just got my Apartment Life yesterday and it's working fine in my game. So I don't know what it's not work in your game. Maybe you have a conflict with other mod. FYI, I have all EPs & SPs including their latest patches.

Maybe you could try this first. Move the other mods you have away from Downloads folder & keep this file, then run AL & see if it works. If it works, then you have a conflict.

Sorry for your problem.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 4:36 AM Last edited by andistyr : 4th Sep 2008 at 6:15 AM. Reason: Found Problem
Thanks anak - I'll let you know what fix I have that's causing yours not to work. Shouldn't be hard too weed out the problem. I still think it was silly for EA to have the Life Stories grill be able to close but not the regular Sims 2.

Edit: I found the problem. It was a fix I had downloaded at MATY - a fix that is actually no longer needed since EA/Maxis did fix it in the Freetime patch. Knightguy, I bet that might be your problem too - the fix is the one for the kids hot chocolate (it's called bvchildanimfix.package) if you have that fix, I'd take it out just to see).
Field Researcher
#19 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 1:10 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 7th Sep 2008 at 1:19 AM.
Not really newly introduced conflict in AL, but "Close Lid - Test" and "Close Lid" BHAVs of Brand Name MetalKettle and Char-Pane Grill conflict with official EAxian CT BHAVs. ("CT - Fire - Start" and "CT - Fire - Extinguish", respectively) They share the same instance number of 0x00001003 and 0x00001004. Could you adjust Instance number so that they will not conflict with each other?

And I don't think you need to maintain separate versions for each EP/SP. Resources for EP/SP you don't have will simply remain unused, without causing any harm if the corresponding pack is not found in your system. It'll be more convenient for you to keep only one (ALL) version updated, anyway.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:21 PM
Cool thanks! I've been looking for something like this for the longest time - who leaves their BBQ open anyway? Thanks again!

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar!
Farewell! Maybe thou shalt find Valimar!
--- J.R.R. Tolkien

Lúthien's Middle-earth
http://www.luthien-tinuviel.net

Lúthien Doesn't Live Here
http://amyluthien.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 1:41 AM
can you make it so we can open and close the BV GPiano lid
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 4:47 AM
Thank you so much, I agree with AmyLuthien, who on EARTH leaves their grill open all the time?

"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance"

~e.e. cummings
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 2:24 PM
Thanks, this really bugged me.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:16 AM
Thanks!