Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] The "CEP" v. 7.0d (31 Dec 2007)

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Numenor Reason: Go to [url]http://cep.modthesims2.com[/url]
621 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 618 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 25
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 2:47 AM
Default Licence Agreement and Disclaimer
DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and LIMITATION OF USE

The CEP (Color Enable Package) is FREEWARE. You can't sell it in any way, nor alone, nor included in packages and archives. If you have paid for it, please report to [email protected]

The CEP files, the CEP installer and the CEP documentation (or part of them) can be hosted only on ModTheSims2; any other site willing to offer the CEP to their users must link to this very thread: http://cep.modthesims2.com .
SimPE site was granted a special permission to host the CEP files and installer, but it *can't be linked from other sites*.
All the sites that currently host (legally or illegally) *any* version of the CEP are requested to remove them immediately, and post a link to this very thread at ModTheSims2.
If you have downloaded the CEP from any other site that ModTheSims2 or SimPE site, please report to [email protected].

Recolour packages created for CEP objects can be posted on any site (including paysites); in any case, the creator must advertise *each* download as a "CEP Recolour" and add a *link* to this thread; you can also use an official CEP icon, containing a link to this CEP page. Alternatively, the provided link can point to a local CEP Info Page that must contain a link to this thread. Credits for each download are optional if there is a local CEP Info Page that contains proper credits to Numenor, RGiles and Quaxi.

Objects created by cloning CEP objects can be posted on any site (including paysites); No link to this thread, nor credits are required, though they would be greatly appreciated.

The Official CEP icons can be freely used and reposted anywhere.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 6:51 PM
Default CEP Frequently Asked Questions
F.A.Q. - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is the CEP? What's its purpose?
The CEP enables colour options for many objects that Maxis shipped in only one colour (e.g. the potty chair, the exercise machines, the photo boot); the CEP also enables colour options for a second part of the object, when Maxis offered only one recolourable part (e.g. the books of the bookcases, the ampli for the guitar, the marble base and the exterior of the coffin). Once installed the CEP, you'll be able to create additional recolours for those objects, and use recolours created by other users.
THE CEP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLOTHINGS, SKINS, HAIR,
ACCESSORIES AND SUCH. IT AFFECTS ONLY *MAXIS OBJECTS*

Once installed, I don't know how to start or use the CEP.
The CEP is NOT a tool: it's an addition to your game that works without any intervention by the user. You can't "start" or "use" the CEP: once installed, just forget about it. If you want to create recolours, you need (in addition to the CEP) SimPE and this tutorial.

How can I be sure that the CEP is correctly installed?
Start the game, open the "Buy Mode" catalog and select the Potty Chair. Compare what you see on the screen with these screenshots:

Another test the you can run, is to check if the CEP files are in the proper locations; you should find:
- a file named "_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" in the Downloads;
- a file named "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package" in [gamedir]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D (regardless of the EP that you may have installed, the location of this file is always this one).
- a folder named "zCEP-EXTRA" in [Documents]\EA Games\The Sims 2.

I use a MacOS x system: how do I install the CEP?
Only manual installation is available for Mac user.
Download the file "CEP_Windows+MAC_Manual-Installation". Unzip the archive using the StuffIt Expander, or ZipIt, or any other Mac utility that manages zip archives.
Inside the archives, you will find - along with the CEP files - detailed instructions for Mac users, that clearly explain how to install and uninstall the CEP.
Thanks to Amjoie, Flameflash and WhiteSiren for their great help.

How do I use the support for custom lights? What is the Radiance, and which connections are there between the CEP and the Radiance?
The support for custom lights and the "Radiance" mod are no longer included in the CEP; both are now provided by the Scriptorium.
Please download the Scriptorium and also update your CEP to the newest version.

Exactly, what operations are performed by the CEP Installer on my PC?
The installer performs the very same operations explained in the instructions provided in the "CEP_Windows+MAC_Manual-Installation.zip"; plus, it searches and deletes any older and useless CEP-related file and creates the icons in the Start menu.

Can I use the CEP without Open for Business / Nightlife / University / etc...?
You can safely use the CEP in any game environment, unregarding the Expansion Packs that you may have installed: obviously, if you don't have the Nightlife, don't expect to find a Coffin in the catalog!

What is a CEP CLONE? And a CEP RECOLOUR?
A CEP Clone is an object that was cloned either from a Maxis object colour-enabled by the CEP, or from another CEP Clone.
A CEP Recolour is a recolour package created for a Maxis object colour-enabled by the CEP, and need the CEP to work.
NOTE: Only CEP recolours need the CEP in order to work: cloned objects and recolours for cloned objects work fine even without the CEP.

How can I know if a package that I've made (or downloaded) is a "CEP Recolour" or "CEP Clone"?
There's a very easy way: open the package with SimPE and look at the Material Overrides; if one or more of them contain a copyright note related to the CEP, than it is a CEP object (recolour or clone). Needless to say, the copyright notes CANNOT be deleted or edited in any way.

I want to post on my site a CEP RECOLOUR: what should I do?
You should alert the downloaders that they need the CEP in order to use that recolour, and provide a link in the same page as the download to this thread (http://cep.modthesims2.com) or to your local CEP Info Page.
Moreover, credits are due to Numenor, RGiles and Quaxi.

I want to post on my site a CEP CLONE: what should I do?
You don't need to do anything particular. But if you are a fair person, you may give credits to the CEP creators for having enabled the colour options in your object.

I have created a new object cloning a Maxis object. Why should I give credits to you? I made everything by myself!
Again, you don't need to. But please consider that if the Maxis object that you cloned is a CEP one (and you can check it using the simple method explained above), it's not true that you have done everything by yourself: your object is recolourable thanks to the CEP, i.e. thanks to our work. If it's important for you to state officially that an object was created exclusively by yourself, you may remove the CEP, or deactivate it in SimPE before cloning the Maxis object.

I find the CEP very useful. How can I thank you?
You can click the link in the "Thanks" box, near the post #1.
Or you can consider making a donation to Numenor Moddings or MTS2. In particular, if you usually upload your CEP creations to paysites, or you post CEP creations on your own paysite, well... a donation is definitely appropriated!

=====================================================
Screenshots

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 10:18 AM
THE NEW CEP V.5 (PETS AND ANY PREVIOUS GAME) IS UP!

GET IT FROM POST #1!

ALL THE OLD POSTS HAVE BEEN ARCHIVED IN THIS THREAD:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=200669

Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 12:27 PM
Thanks Numenor
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 12:45 PM
Thank you very much!

Melissa
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 4:38 PM
Thanks a bunch guys! It is much appreciated!
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 4:56 PM
Thank you!

Visit me at Sim Estates 2
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 5:07 PM
Thanks Nemenor, this is much appreciated. :-)
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 6:56 PM
Awesome! thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 8:34 PM
Grazie Numenor!
Thx!

Here Again For Pets!
If someone have the patience to help me with 3ds max...please contact me!
Byeeeee!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 9:53 PM
Cep 5.0
Good work on this new 5.0 CEP, the only thing so far I have found I can not recolor the new phone in pets, I like to recolor the phones too. So whats up with this, The older phone I can, but the pets new phone is cooler, and like to recolor it soon, Thanks alot...

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 10:57 PM
Thank you Numenor
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anglesims2
I can not recolor the new phone in pets, I like to recolor the phones too. So whats up with this, The older phone I can, but the pets new phone is cooler, and like to recolor it soon

In the CEP documentation, next to the Pets phone, ther is written "Recolourable version available as separate download", but this is not true... yet!
Unfortunately, it seems that all the good Maxis creators have been replaced by less expert ones, and the Pets phone, as for its recolourability, is a real mess.
It's so badly done, that I couldn't just CEP-enable it: I will have to clone it, modify its internal structure, and post it as a separate download, just like I did with the recolourable modular stairs.

It won't take too long to have the recolourable phone online, but I have to find the time

Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 1:19 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 6:19 AM
Thanks a lot, but I seem to be having a bit of an issue:

I have Pets, and downloaded and installed CEP and the Scriptorium with Radiance 2.2, but in the game the Radiance Mod isn't working. I don't seem to be getting any of the custom lights.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 6:31 AM
Thanks Numenor :D
Now it's only SimPE left, and i can make recolors/meshes

Unauthorized incoming post!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Solowren
Thanks a lot, but I seem to be having a bit of an issue:

I have Pets, and downloaded and installed CEP and the Scriptorium with Radiance 2.2, but in the game the Radiance Mod isn't working. I don't seem to be getting any of the custom lights.

Then, you should have posted your question in the Scriptorium thread, don't you think so?

Anyway, I can only suggest to reinstall the Scriptorium. BTW, what "custom lights" are you expecting to get? Yes, the Radiance is a bunch of "custom lights", more ore less, but I'm not sure we are talking of the same thing...
the best way to know if the Radiance is working is to wait until 6PM: the sunlight should turn reddish and the ambient becomes darker.

Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:10 AM
i had the CEP 4 and several custom objects...i jus installed your update (version 5) tonight and when i went back into my game...my custom objects were flashing blue!

am i going to have to delete all those objects now since they were using the CEP version 4? please help...
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:55 AM
thank you to all the great modder's for their hard work on this cep.i was wondering if we needed to delete the old cep?thanks again
Forum Resident
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
In the CEP documentation, next to the Pets phone, ther is written "Recolourable version available as separate download", but this is not true... yet!
Unfortunately, it seems that all the good Maxis creators have been replaced by less expert ones, and the Pets phone, as for its recolourability, is a real mess.
It's so badly done, that I couldn't just CEP-enable it: I will have to clone it, modify its internal structure, and post it as a separate download, just like I did with the recolourable modular stairs.

It won't take too long to have the recolourable phone online, but I have to find the time

Okay cool...Some other things like gargoyl is not able to recolor and some paintings etc. Everything shows up in the Wizards Of SimPE fine so it is wierd that their meshing is staring to be messy not taking their time on the game to perfect it better cause the new tanks do not show the fish in it, what a mess of the game many reporting these problems at BBS and not seeing any results at The Sims 2 EA, hummmm is maxis getting sloppy making the games now? Or getting pepole say they know meshing animations and do not. Hummmm strange on that messy phone, Bummer...

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:55 PM
I just wanted to say great job. You are amazing. Thank you so very much!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Then, you should have posted your question in the Scriptorium thread, don't you think so?

Anyway, I can only suggest to reinstall the Scriptorium. BTW, what "custom lights" are you expecting to get? Yes, the Radiance is a bunch of "custom lights", more ore less, but I'm not sure we are talking of the same thing...
the best way to know if the Radiance is working is to wait until 6PM: the sunlight should turn reddish and the ambient becomes darker.

I should have said "lighting", not "lights"; I apologize. When the light didn't change at six is when I realized it wasn't working properly, actually.
I'll try a reinstall when I get home and we'll see what happens.
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:05 AM
Thank you Numenor! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:38 AM
Thank you so much.... MOD THE SIMS #1 site!!!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25