Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 105-114 -- Set of 10 mini starters

by plasticbox Posted 4th Apr 2008 at 10:53 AM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 4:32 PM by plasticbox

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:27 PM
Newbie Road 105 -- Home Business: Bakery

Small bakery: shop, kitchen and toilet on the ground floor, double bedroom and bathroom upstairs, with a small basement accessible from the store (via the lockable behind-the-counter space). The basement could be used as a workshop if you want to sell something other than food here; if you'd sell the food displays in the store you could afford a crafting bench right away. The basement can be expanded if necessary.

Lot size: 1x2
Lot price: 19.995§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_105.zip (827.4 KB, 69 downloads)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:32 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 5th Apr 2008 at 1:06 PM.
Newbie Road 106 -- Home Business: Bar

Décor-wise, this is a place of somewhat dubious reputation (at least on the upstairs floor) -- it is designed for a sim who will run the bar and not do much else in the house except perhaps sit on the balcony. Bar, toilet, and a tiny kitchenette on the ground floor, double bedroom and bathroom upstairs. The kitchenette is more useable than it looks like at first glance: sims can prepare food on the counter next to the bar, and then eat at the table amongst their guests. This business is fun to play and runs very smoothly; there is enough room left for a wurlitzer to make it really authentic.

Lot price: 19.991§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_106.zip (692.8 KB, 56 downloads)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:36 PM
Newbie Road 107

Pretty little house for 1-2 sims, with open kitchen/dining/living space and bathroom on the ground floor, and a double bedroom plus tiny extra bedroom upstairs. Comes with a stereo and a chess board.

Lot price: 19.905§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_107.zip (827.7 KB, 73 downloads)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:39 PM
Newbie Road 108 -- Home Business: Florist

This has a small flower store on the ground floor, complete with crafting bench and semi-stocked already -- you can move in and start up your business right away. Full bathroom and eat-in kitchen on the ground floor, double bedroom and tiny extra (bed)room upstairs. Playtested with a family of three, the store works nicely.

Lot price: 19.960§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_108.zip (701.8 KB, 76 downloads)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:43 PM
Newbie Road 109

This provides as much space as you an get in such a small house: it has a good-sized front porch and balcony plus a tiny extra porch in the back, as well as a relatively large basement. Kitchen, dining/living room and toilet on the ground floor, double bedroom and bathroom upstairs. The basement could be subdivided into two small rooms -- you could put an additional bedroom plus study in here, for example.

Lot price: 20.000§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_109.zip (727.1 KB, 64 downloads)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:49 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 15th Apr 2008 at 9:36 PM.
Newbie Road 110

This house has a small garden with barbecue and a porch + balcony in front. Living room, showerbath and kitchen/dining on the ground floor, double bedroom plus small spare room upstairs. Comes with a TV, a dresser, a mirror and a stereo on top of the usual basics.

Lot price: 19.995§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_110.zip (702.0 KB, 89 downloads)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:52 PM
Newbie Road 111 -- Tiny farmhouse

Farmhouse with garden, comes with an apple tree and a greenhouse. The greenhouse is accessible directly from inside the house. Kitchen and bathroom on the ground floor, two bedrooms (a double and a tiny single one) on the top floor, with basement. My tester sims raised two children in here and lived from the garden produce -- the basement is not perfect for a nursery since it's a bit out of the way, but it works well enough, particularly if you put a second fridge in the basement corridor.

Lot price: 19.998§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_111.zip (730.3 KB, 77 downloads)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:55 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 4th Apr 2008 at 9:05 PM.
Newbie Road 112

Country-ish house with basement. Open kitchen/dining/living and a toilet on the ground floor, double bedroom and bathroom upstairs. Small porch in the back that is currently used for the trashcans (so that nobody can kick them over).

Lot price: 19.991§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_112.zip (726.8 KB, 58 downloads)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:58 PM
Newbie Road 113

Somewhat modern house with fenced-in backyard that is just large enough to squeeze in a hot tub. Worked well for my Pleasure sim tester to have parties and enjoy life. Open kitchen/dining/living and bathroom on the ground floor, double bedroom with private showerbath (unfurnished) and a small extra room upstairs. This house comes with a computer, a mirror and a stereo on top of the usual basics. The stereo does not block the door, I've tested this (the door will slide open on the other side, not where the stero is).

Lot price: 19.994§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_113.zip (813.5 KB, 77 downloads)

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 5th Apr 2008 at 1:01 PM.
Newbie Road 114

House with basement, live-in kitchen and bathroom on the ground floor, double bedroom and spare room upstairs. The basement is empty; it would be large enough to use it as another double bedroom. Comes with a piano.

Lot price: 19.986§

--
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewbieRoad_114.zip (716.0 KB, 67 downloads)

Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:20 PM
You really put a lot of work into these and it was a clever idea. Thanks. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:50 PM
Yay! Now Baskerville can get an expansion.
=)
Scholar
#14 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 2:35 AM
Thanks! These will be perfect for my sims that come directly from uni.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Alchemist
#15 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 3:23 PM
Nice that you´re back and bringing such sweeties with you! Thanks,
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 6:26 AM
Thank you so much. I love all of your lots they are great!

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Inventor
#17 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:31 AM
Gosh these are so freakin' cute. I was trying my best after my last reinstall not to DL too many houses or mesh objects but I had to get these. They are precious thank you for all the hard work.
Alchemist
#18 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:39 AM
Thanks Plasticbox.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 11:51 AM
These are absolutely phenomenal! I normally don't download lots/houses, but I had to have these. Great work!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:21 PM
You are the BEST - I LOVE you and EVERYTHING you make! :D

The minds power over itself is great, what you make of things is what they become, change your thought and you change the world as you percieve it...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:33 AM Last edited by Yargo179 : 21st Apr 2008 at 7:05 AM.
I will name a street in my neighborhood in your honor and place all these awesome starters along it. How does PlasticBox Avenue sound to you? Maybe Plastic St. or Box Ave. are better options.

One question, can I download the lots without the cc? Will they work despite of it?

Herald Between Two Lands
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yargo179
can I download the lots without the cc? Will they work despite of it?

Try it out and see what happens? Some of the stuff i've used will turn into sculptures when it's not available (like the ceiling rims, for example) -- you'll have to delete those or they'll block the way. Missing stairs and windows you'll need to replace; missing recolors should not cause any issues.

Wiki Wizard
#23 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 5:35 PM
These are wonderful, 10 lots in one, what a treat

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:16 PM
Fantastic!
One house in 9 colours, such a smart idea!!!

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
Scholar
#25 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 8:47 PM
Wow, I missed these somehow. I love the whole concept of "starter home businesses". The lots look clean and well thought-out. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2