Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Catalog Clean Up Mod- Buy Mode Rearranged -UPDATED-

by Phaenoh Posted 4th Apr 2008 at 8:01 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 6:27 PM by Phaenoh

169 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 155 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 12:30 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 5th Apr 2008 at 5:19 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Oh thank yooou!

This is a great idea, i am forever trying to find this one thing everytime i play my game and it drives me up the wall!

Thank you!

l Alternative Rock 4 Sims 2 l

"And If All That Can't Hold You Back.
Then I'll Jump For You..."

Tokio Hotel - Don't Jump/Spring Nicht
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 12:33 PM Last edited by Mihura : 5th Apr 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Interesting combining of the catalog, it seems so more logical !
A lot of thanks Phaenoh !!!

PS : a new - "t" :p

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:02 PM
Wow, I never thought about this! Now I realise how irritating it is to try and find what i'm looking for. Thanks!
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:29 PM
I find your description of your items so interesting and funny.
It's like getting a little something extra with an already great item, and I always appreciate both so very much.
You're a doll! Thanks!! :D

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:31 PM
thanks! one thing for the future perhaps, i would appreciate to have a tool that i could by my self sort out where the things should be, or erase maxis stuff that i never use.
if you get what i mean :P

ps. will everything go back to normal if you erase the files?
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:46 PM
I have a question:
My most recent expansion pack is bon voyage but I have all the expansion packs before bon voyage, do I put all the files in the bon voyage folder? or do I put them each in their own expansion pack folder?

I think this is a great idea by the way, it'll save me alot of time.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:05 PM
What an awesome idea, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:12 PM
Soo... Since I have every Expansion and Stuff pack, I should download ALL the files, and put them ALL into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSBin right?

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has died, or is living with cancer.
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:15 PM
this is great! organized clutter makes me happy .
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:52 PM
Great idea, but could you clear up which folder your mods should be placed in.
I felt you did'nt really explain, just something about a new folder that was'nt used in the older EP's - What Folder and Where?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:55 PM
Homigawd, this is perfect! Phaenoh, have I told you lately how amazing you are?

Am I correct in assuming that each and every mod goes into the latest EP folder, not their individual EP folders?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:12 PM
Sorry everybody, just woke up. ALL FILES GO IN YOUR HIGHEST FOLDER! All of them, don't split them up into individual places, you will loose track of them and it won't work. Also, if you get another EP that happens to be higher (like if you don't have FreeTime yet) you will have to move them all there or they will stop working.

Quote: Originally posted by karatehest
thanks! one thing for the future perhaps, i would appreciate to have a tool that i could by my self sort out where the things should be, or erase maxis stuff that i never use.
if you get what i mean :P
ps. will everything go back to normal if you erase the files?
Sorry karate, I don't even know where to start to code a tool. I just use SimPE, I could write a tutorial, but that's I'll I could manage. Sorting and 'erasing' both are done the same way. And yes, if you delete my files, everything reverts back to your previously scheduled madness.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:14 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 5th Apr 2008 at 4:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
For some reason none of the SP catalog editions work in that folder and those will have to go in your Downloads folder. This means they WILL get the Custom Content Star of Shame.

That's because SP objects after Celebration are not included in new EPs anymore. So putting override mods for SP objects in the Bins folder of newest EP will not work.

To remove custom star from SP objects after Celebration, you have to put the mod in StuffPack\Objects folder of each corresponding SP.

For example, mod for Teen Style Stuff pack objects should go to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Objects

Make sure to rename the mod to something like z_Phaenoh_...., so that it's loaded after SP objects, overriding original settings.

There are exceptions though. The above location won't work for Teen Vanity if FreeTime is installed, as FT updated some TSS objects including Teen Vanity. Those wretched TSS objects were driving me nuts for a while, until I found out how to update them after FreeTime is installed.

For FreeTime, OBJD mod for Teen Vanity should actually go to Download folder to be effective. I found out while I was making a mod that removes annoying Live Mode tooltip from Teen Vanity.

As EAxis changed the group number of several TSS objects in FT, you have to make separate versions for Teen Vanity, pre-FT and and FT. I had to do the same thing with TSS Goth bed here.

Discussion about this issue is here.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11204.0.html

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:17 PM
so, is it just plonk em into the C:/programs/EAgames/ HIGHEST EP
or do they need a specific sub folder there?
Gotta say, this looks great tho, cant wait to get em in and have my game organised like it shoulda been from the start! lol
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM
Thanks Darcy! Didn't know about that. Hear that everybody? If the installation I've suggested for some reason doesn't work for you, try this one instead!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:32 PM
Thank you so much for this! It drove me nuts trying to find things too. Especially those stupid vanity tables.

Come see my creations at evielovesims
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:55 PM
This is brilliant!! Thank you!! :D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:35 PM
If I install only the Holiday 2006 one, like you said, will the other items shared by the two versions but reported to only be in Holiday 2005 also be changed? Or am I going senile and the two versions don't actually share those items you mentioned?
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#20 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:40 PM
Thank you! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!! I love you! If I ever have kids, I'm going to name my firstborn Phaenoh. :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by poifectly_poiple
If I install only the Holiday 2006 one, like you said, will the other items shared by the two versions but reported to only be in Holiday 2005 also be changed? Or am I going senile and the two versions don't actually share those items you mentioned?
Not really sure what you are asking, but they are 2 separate packages inside the rar, and in each package only the items that I have listed are in each. If you only install Holiday 2006, none of the Holiday 2005 will move. If you have both Holiday packs and want to move the things listed, install both.
Quote: Originally posted by nixnivis
Thank you! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!! I love you! If I ever have kids, I'm going to name my firstborn Phaenoh. :D
Lol, spare that kid a bad childhood, name her Faye instead. Thats how you pronounce 'Phae' anyways.
Scholar
#22 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:46 PM
HOLY COW! YOU READ MY MIND!
when i read the title to this and saw who posted it my mouth fell open
i remember when i first got OFB (the first ep i got) i kept going to plumbing for the fountin then one day i was in sculptures and saw it and was like WTF?!
thanks for this! now it all goes wher it should! :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:58 PM
just to clarify, cuz i'm one of those who'll prolly mess up LOL.
but what i got from reading is that all the EP mods go under C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\StuffPack and all the SP mods go under the downloads folder?
Thank You for organizing all that!!

*.* ~Sehana~
Sehana Fortress.com | Entertainment | Sims2 | Sims3 | Blog | Twitter |
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:58 PM
This is just brilliant! Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:39 PM
Ah May Zing.

Nough said
Page 1 of 7