Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATED 17-09-08) BFF Memory Text Fix

by Menaceman44 Posted 6th Apr 2008 at 8:35 PM - Updated 17th Sep 2008 at 1:33 PM by Menaceman44

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 3:56 PM
huh. I don't actually have that error in my game... But this is cool anyway :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:14 PM
I wonder why I do? Ah well, at least if others have it too they can fix it as well. I patched my game and it never fixed it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:51 PM
have the same error, so thanks - will try this out.
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 2:32 AM
Would this interfere with Squinge "no duplicate memory" hack? I know it has not been updated since NL but I still use it succesfully.
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 11:32 AM
Great, I was so sick of the BFF spam. Thanks for this!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 7:18 PM
hey, i use squinge 'no duplicate memory hack' and this mod and there does not seem to be any conflict on my machine. pleased with the change in the BFF memory, thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 7:51 PM
This shouldn't cause any conflicts with anything that prevents duplicate memories as this is merely a text alteration. With just this hack installed you will still receive the BFF memories as regularly as normal but the text will never say "first BFF".

Instructor
#9 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 1:51 AM
Great, thanks for all your work. I will test it right now. Also thanks to all the other replies.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 3:49 PM
Thanks for this, I thought it was only me that was having this problem!
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:24 PM
What about those who don't have English version?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM
Um, sorry. I can only speak English and I don't know how to make it compatible with other languages.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 12:10 AM
Uummm... How do you get a BFF? lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 9:50 PM
Make best friends with a Sim and then keep that relationship level for a few days. Pretty easy really. This may be stating the obvious but you need Free Time installed as well.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 6:20 PM
Thank you for fixing this!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 9:28 PM
will it work without aparment life ?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 8:51 PM
Yes. The only requirement is Freetime. Who mentioned Apartment Life?

Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 5:33 PM
I have a problem concerning this mod: memories concerning male sims show the corrected text, memories concerning female sims show the original wrong text. Is there a way to fix that?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Aug 2023 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rumpertumskin
I have a problem concerning this mod: memories concerning male sims show the corrected text, memories concerning female sims show the original wrong text. Is there a way to fix that?

It's been 15 years since I posted this mod. I no longer have any way to open the files to take a look at them. Nobody else has ever reported this issue in all of that time either. Have you made sure you don't have a conflict with another mod?

Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
It's been 15 years since I posted this mod. I no longer have any way to open the files to take a look at them. Nobody else has ever reported this issue in all of that time either. Have you made sure you don't have a conflict with another mod?

I managed to fix the problem. It seems that the German version of 'BFFCorrection' doesn't provide strings for female friends. So I used 'BFFMemoryFix' and filled in my own translation. Now everything works just fine. Sorry for the inconvinence!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Aug 2023 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rumpertumskin
I managed to fix the problem. It seems that the German version of 'BFFCorrection' doesn't provide strings for female friends. So I used 'BFFMemoryFix' and filled in my own translation. Now everything works just fine. Sorry for the inconvinence!

No, I'm sorry that I must have missed that when I originally released the mod and nobody in all that time since ever noticed soon enough for me to be able to fix it myself.