Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clown Facepaint Correction *updated 24-03-09*

by Menaceman44 Posted 9th Apr 2008 at 10:49 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2009 at 4:41 PM by Menaceman44 : Added new file

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:43 PM
Thank you, thank you! I saw you posting at at S2C and then I couldn't stop looking at it when I saw it in game. It's just wrong and stupid! So I'm glad you fixed another silly Maxis mistake (or whoever did this..)!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 2:55 PM
Yes, it has been bugging me as well. It looks like a half-finished kid's coloring book, how unprofessional. I love the little fixes that you're constantly come up with. You have a great eye for details.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:52 PM
Ugh thank you, this looked dreadful and unusable before. Much better now!
#5 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 4:54 PM
AWWW!Thank you so much! I thought I was the only one to notice. Good thing I don't play much any more because this wold have drove me mad. Thanks again!

Bites and Kisses
Vampire
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 6:37 AM Last edited by andistyr : 11th Apr 2008 at 8:29 AM.
Thankyou so much for this. I don't have Freetime installed yet, but, I know I would of noticed it and it would have bugged me that it was like that. I don't plan on installing Freetime until I know what the heck is going on with the patch since they took it off.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 3:29 AM Last edited by BlueBlood220 : 20th Apr 2008 at 3:33 AM. Reason: Rearranged things a bit.
I must be the only one this has happened to. The face paint is totally degraded with this fix in. o.O
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:11 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 20th Apr 2008 at 1:06 PM.
I'll have another check of my file to see if I missed something. This was happening to me when I first made the file but I made sure to update it before I uploaded here.

I've just checked it in my game again and it seems to be working perfectly well. I checked on both a male and female.
Just a thought, what texture quality are you running your game at?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 11:12 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head very well, but I do know Sim/Object detail is set to high, although a lot of other stuff is set to medium. I also remember that the paint looked normal when I first installed FT and checked out all the new stuff, though.

If it's just some sort of incompatibility with my game, I'm not going to worry about it so much. I don't think I'll actually be using the facepaint for anything.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd May 2008 at 5:10 PM
thanks. it's the little things that always annoy me.

i like cheesey oranges, dude
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. He's gonna dominate the world
(")_(")and you can't do nothin' 'bout it!!! *Hop Hop*
Theorist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 4:31 PM
Wow, never knew about this; and now that you've brought it up, I just had to download your fix.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 10:42 AM
I never ever use face paint, but I'm happy to see such an oversight fixed!