Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Unneeded UI Sounds

by treeag Posted 10th Apr 2008 at 11:33 AM

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 12:43 PM
perfect! thank you so much! I didn't think one existed to serve that purpose!

The Revolutionary Poet
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 1:26 PM
That's great! It's very annoying when these sounds are on a video. Thank you very much for fixing it!
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 8:25 PM
Thanks a lot!And should we put it on Downloads folder, as normally?
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 8:27 PM
Its nice that you could get rid of those sounds... but im gonna miss them. they make the game more.. how you say, Simish
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 8:43 PM Last edited by MyChEmIcAlRoMaNcElUv : 10th Apr 2008 at 8:44 PM. Reason: Converting to "thanks" post
Default Nice Idea! Great Mod.
The swishing of the camera and the clicking of the pause button, at least as far as I am concerned, don't make the game "simsish." If you make music videos you don't want those sounds in your vid. So, not really. Plus, if yuo want the sounds in your game just don't download this. I'm not trying to be rude but pointing out the obvious.
I think it's wonderful that someone finally thought of this. Kudos to you!
Quote: Originally posted by niteshade13
Its nice that you could get rid of those sounds... but im gonna miss them. they make the game more.. how you say, Simish

X.x.~*~*.Mrs. My Chemical Romance.*~*~.x.X
X.x.So Long.And Good.X.x.Night.x.X Don't I look pretty walkin down the dress in the best damn dress I own? I reject your reality and substitute my own! Thats what we do on Mythbusters. We blow shit up. ~Mythbusters Princess~
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:46 AM
does this get rid of the sounds permanently, or just while recording?
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:49 AM
Thanks alot this will help!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 6:23 AM
Cool! This is a great idea. But...I have a really dumb question. What does UI stand for?

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkleSim
Cool! This is a great idea. But...I have a really dumb question. What does UI stand for?

Nothing is dumb when searchin' for infos or knowledge...

UI = User Interface

Thanks for this useful mod.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 7:31 AM
Waaa?... genious. This will be very useful for movie makers! Thanks for thinking of this.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:56 PM
Wow, absolutely brilliant! This is extremely helpful. Thank you much! <3
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:37 AM
OMG. Brilliant.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:32 PM
Why can't you just mute sound effects in Sound Options?
I guess it's possible there are sound effects in the actual game (not the ui) that would be wanted in a movie.

I work hard, not long...

Check out my site! It's got.... Stuff! (Yeah, Stuff!)
Edenware
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:43 AM
In my poor opinion those who want both have an easy method every since NL came out. Just place special purpose mods in easily identified subfolders. Those folders can be moved in or out of the downloads folder as desired then. This method also works for testing purposes as well for new downloads. At least that is my poor dumb opinion.

Doc
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM
It never annoyed me until I saw this. I thought I didn't need it and went to play, and it started to be a real pain in the rear end XD

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 12:54 AM
Yeah! Much easier to film now!
Inventor
#18 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 8:52 AM
Very cool I have always found the swishing sound for rotation very irritating because my sims wander a lot and I have to constantly adjust the camera. Thanks it's a great idea for movie makers and people who are easily annoyed like me.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 7:46 AM
Thank you so much. The clicking sound always ruined my audio at the beginning and it was hard (if possible) to edit it out. I've been wanting such a hack for a while. Thank you very much.
Inventor
#20 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 4:58 PM
Good work! That's very usefull. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 5:30 AM
I luv this mod but I'm not making movies, just stories. i have times where i get tired of the swirling sound of the camera, or pause button sounds. some days i get tired of the action select sound (thats the 1# sound you will hear). can you break this mod up into peices of each sounds or is that too hard??
Inventor
#22 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 10:51 AM
Finally someone made this. Thank you very much for this.
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 7:44 PM
Many, many thanks! This mod eliminates all of the UI sounds that I found so annoying.

Now, does anybody know how to create a mod which enables music in Play mode when a sim turns on a stereo but disables music in Buy/Build mode (without having to go to the control panel and disable music globally)?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 1:37 PM
Yes! I love it! No more editing in sound effects with Audacity! Thanky you SO much!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

AKA DocRossim
More content here
Find my artwork here
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 6:19 PM
You absolutely rock my world! Thank you so much! I kiss you!
Page 1 of 2