Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chimney Recolors to match Maxis Timber Sidings

by Kimsie Posted 13th Apr 2008 at 1:17 AM - Updated 16th May 2008 at 11:37 PM by Kimsie : Updated links

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 9:20 AM
There were some more sidings posted just after this thread.
They would be great to have as well if their creator permits making them as chimneies.

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic (Now only available at IS)
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 10:32 AM
Fantastic idea! No longer do my chimneys need to hide within walls or look out of place!

Are you planning to make any brick recolours using the Maxis wallpapers?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 1:55 PM
This is FANTASTIC! Thank you for taking the time to do this. We appreciate it!

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Theorist
#5 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 5:52 PM
Wonderful! It is great to have more recolours of Numenor's recolourable chimneys! I've long been wondering why chimney colours have been so neglected.
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMale
They would be great to have as well if their creator permits making them as chimneies.

Hi, that was me. Yes it is fine, Kimsie already PMed me to ask and should be working on them as soon as possible

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 11:19 PM Last edited by Kimsie : 15th Apr 2008 at 8:59 AM. Reason: Added links
Quote: Originally posted by SIMale

The sidings are finished and uploaded. It was really hard to make the colors match (unfortunately, when the game puts the textures onto the chimney, the lighting is altered, and the chimney appears darker than the wall). Hence it isn't perfect, but close enough

Quote: Originally posted by killerhamster
Are you planning to make any brick recolours using the Maxis wallpapers?

Finished these as well, and you can find them here.

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong

- Oscar Wilde
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2008 at 5:05 PM
Kimsie, please accept my congrats on one of the most useful projects I have seen!! You have done so many sets, it's unbelievable. Now there's almost nothing that we can't match to the chimney! That ugly red chimney color will no longer ruin the beauty of my sim houses! You are truly talented and creative!! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 8:03 PM
Default Where is the London white brick?
Ok...I am sure...with all of the chimney sets...that I am just missing it...but where is the London white brick chimney? I love the white bricks and would love to have the chimney...

Thank you!

XXOO
Meg...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FemmeDeluxe
Ok...I am sure...with all of the chimney sets...that I am just missing it...but where is the London white brick chimney?

In fact, you are not. I haven't done a recolor of the London White Brick Chimney, as Numenor has already done it. You can find it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=39859

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong

- Oscar Wilde