Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Victorian London Part 2: The Kensington District (No CC, Limited CC and CC Loaded)

by StephSim Posted 20th Apr 2008 at 7:53 PM - Updated 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:35 AM by StephSim : MTS2 Information Update

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:03 AM
Brilliant! I've just been studying a bit about Kensington and Albertopolis, so this is sooooo interesting!

I can't download as I think my computer would have a heart attack, but if I could, I would have all of them ... and my own Kensington!

Such a fantastic job!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 1:59 PM
oooh...you already uploaded the 2nd part!!!
thanks so much again!!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 2:36 PM Last edited by coolstuffin : 27th Apr 2008 at 5:54 PM.
I am unable to download any of the files - Victorian London part 1 and part 2.
However I am able to download any file from any other thread in the download section, except for your lots.
Thank you for sharing your work, the lots look fabulous and very authentic!

Edited on 04.27.08
Downloads work now.
Wiki Wizard
#5 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 2:39 PM
hooray, you got the second up as well, thanks so much for these, a must download i say

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 3:52 PM Last edited by StephSim : 27th Apr 2008 at 1:11 AM.
Thank you to everyone who commented. I appreciate the feedback.

It seems BOTH Parts 1 and 2 of The Kensington Collection are downloading at present. So, I will forgive the Evil Cyber Conspirators (ECC), that mysterious faction that reeks havoc on the unsuspecting Internet masses!

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

I'm heading off on my Sim Creation Vacation now. If you should experience 404 Errors in my absence, Please post a message in the Site Issues here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=283251

I will not be logging in to MTS2 again until next Saturday. My official Vacation, will last for 3-4 weeks.

Happy Simming ALL and do enjoy your Kensington downloads!
steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 1:21 PM
My dear Stephanie: Since everybody can see that, I am sure of not offending no one if I say that you are the BEST historical builder I've ever met. Chapeau!
Theorist
#8 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 3:12 PM
The downloads are working fine for me this morning. More absolutely wonderful work, Steph. I was particularly looking forward to Leighton House and was not disappointed. I really must set up a Victorian London set of neighbourhoods now!

Leighton House will be a great place to display some of the Rossetti artwork too. Now I have it on my mind that myself or someone else could make Rossetti's house in Chelsea as a companion piece, but so far I haven't been able to find more than this one picture.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 7:52 AM
gorgeous! brava Stephanie! here are some of the lots I would have built myself, like the slums thank you
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2008 at 5:24 PM
Nanisim...
Thank you for the compliments on both threads and the e-mail. Actually, your creations helped to inspire me to try different decorative ideas. Thank you as well for sharing your talent! BTW - I LOVE history, especially finding out the seemingly small details. Historical buildings tell stories.

David...
Thank you for the compliment and the idea. As a result of your post, I decided to add Dante's Chelsea house to my collection of lots to create. I will also be adding 2 of William Morris' homes to my creation list as his visions for the ideal home are indeed intriguing!

Alisar...
I'm glad you like the lots. I really think having a little of everything makes the game much more fun to play.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:19 PM
MAGNIFICENT!!!!! My favorite of the challenge so far!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th May 2008 at 5:30 PM
Thank you mannik. I've been playing in the houses and my Simmies seem to love the Leighton house. I redecorated Arab Hall (the pool room) with moroccan themed objects by Tarox Sims and Dincer. It's so unique. I wonder what Leighton must have felt when he entered that room! I know TMI - Anyway - thank you for the positive feedback.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th May 2008 at 5:29 AM
Wow thank you so much for sharing this, it's amazing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:02 PM
You are most welcomed Lissten.
Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#15 Old 26th May 2008 at 5:56 PM Last edited by PETCHY14 : 27th May 2008 at 9:03 PM. Reason: give you a "hoot"
Because I couldn't resist
A little Message from Senior Terrence Hoot:

The lots are Gob-Smakingly Good

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:35 AM

Petchy. Just when I think you can't outdo yourself, you always prove me wrong.

Senior Hoot T. Owl really made me open my eyes.

Yo! Yo! Yo! You REALLY crack me up BOI!

Geez! Think he's BIG ENOUGH...And NO this is not an invitation to make him BIGGER!

Take care and thanks for the laughs! :D
steph

~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#17 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:01 PM
What a Night for a lookout post
<<- Beware! :p

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th May 2008 at 10:47 PM
Your fast becomeing one of my all time favourite builders, and this project is a perfect example of why!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:13 AM
Thanks Orion's Belt (love the name )! I hope you enjoy them in your game!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:16 AM
Hi Petchster!

Why did I click that link? Petchy my boy...Methinks it's time to take you out to the shed for a good old fashion BEAT DOWN!

Thanks for making it BIGGER... Reverse pyschology you know!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#21 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:23 PM
erm, Please Explain.. Why would you want a massive picture of an owl?

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 5:28 PM
I had to say something to save face! :P

~*~Stephanie~*~
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#23 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 1:26 AM
Congratulations on kicking all kinds of behinds in yet another contest! This was a well-deserved win if I ever saw one (and of course, you got my vote)! You totally rule, you know that, right?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 10:18 PM
Thanks nixnivis! I appreciate the comment.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 5:21 AM
Fantastic work!
Page 1 of 2