Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:42 AM
Default Completely flattening a lot
I hope this is in the right place. I did a lot of searches and this seems to be the best forum for my question.

Anyways, I downloaded a lot that contains a building I absolutely love. The lot also included extensive landscaping, including steep hills that extend all the way to the edge of the lot. I can flatten the whole lot, except that the hills that were there leave high walls all along the edge of the lot. Is there anyway to get rid of those? I just need a nice flat lot for placement into my neighborhood, and I absolutely fell in love with the building on it so it would be great if I could make this work without the "walls" all around the edges. Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 1:30 AM
I've been thinking about adding an ability to the LotAdjuster to flatten the edges of a lot. Would you like to be a beta tester for this feature? You'd have to wait while I add the feature...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 1:40 AM
Thank you, Mootilda! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Site Helper
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 1:56 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th Apr 2008 at 4:55 PM.
The feature has been added to the test version of the LotAdjuster. If you are interested in trying this out, please let me know. Alternatively, you could give me the download link and I could try fixing the lot on my machine and re-uploading it for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 6:58 AM
Wow, thanks so much! I'll try it myself first, if I have trouble, I'll let you know.
Site Helper
#6 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbear0287
my neighbourhood is flat and the hill just doesn't fit in. But I adore the church, so I deleted everything else, then flattened the whole lot (as the church was even with the sidewalk) and the only problem was the "wall" around the edges
If you have a version of this lot which has just the church and is flattened except at the edges, could you attach a copy here? Thanks.
Alchemist
#7 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If you have a version of this lot which has just the church and is flattened except at the edges, could you attach a copy here? Thanks.
I've put a copy of the lot, with mostly flat ground, no CC and the church remaining, onto the private forum.
Site Helper
#8 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 24th Apr 2008 at 8:59 PM.
bbear0287: I have created a version of the Old Hillcreek Country Church with flattened edges, and attached it to the LotAdjuster research thread. Please let me know whether this works for you:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...&postcount=1688

If you want me to flatten the edges of a version of this church lot where you have removed everything that you don't want and flattened the interior of the lot, just give me a link and I'll flatten the edges for you.

aelflaed: Thanks, I appreciate all of the work that you've done on this lot. Now that we've got a flattened version for bbear0287, let's take this conversation on the research thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250693

For everyone else: We're still working on the LotAdjuster Flatten Lot Edges feature, but I hope to include it in the next release.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies