Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Three Honest to Dickens Mirrors for Discerning Victorians

by Sophie-David Posted 22nd Apr 2008 at 3:30 PM - Updated 18th Jun 2017 at 6:09 PM by Sophie-David : Added thread summary

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:25 PM
This is fantastic! Thanks so much!

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:34 PM
Very nice, David! The mirrors look wonderful.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:52 PM
these mirrors look fantastic!!!! thank u!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:59 PM
Thank you so much for making it Castaway compatable I love the story games. The mirrors really are beautiful to look at.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 5:07 PM
Ok, I take it back. This is pretty cool and relates to the theme. Presentation really is everything! Fantastic that you got it to work!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 5:54 PM
I LUV these! This is indeed IMPRESSIVE! Very unique and a great addition to all things Victorian! I have already identified a few choice places in my neighborhood for them!
Thank you for sharing your creations!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 6:28 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 25th Apr 2008 at 6:37 AM. Reason: FreeTime bugfix delayed a day or two
Thank you folks! This was a much larger project than I thought it would be, and frankly by the end of it I had literally forgotten what I had worked on in the beginning. Hence I have only just located a small logic error that crept into the processing of the FreeTime secondary aspiration. The picture of the impoverished Chrissy should have shown "Family" as her secondary. I will have a bug fix posted shortly. This bug affects all three versions of the mirror, but only if you have FreeTime.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 8:30 PM
Wow, this is awesome. And that description! I loved to read it, you got me all excited XD

Thank you so much for this.
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 10:10 PM
Brilliant!
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:21 AM
Beautiful mirrors and very good application of sims capabilities, as well as a wonderful download post. This is normally not the kind of thing I download, but I have to admire what you're put into this every step of the way. Thanks for sharing this!
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 4:28 AM
What a COOL idea!!!! Thanks for sharing your creation
Alchemist
#13 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 7:22 AM
Very impressive and so creativ! Thanks,
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:30 PM
Awesome idea, and great contribution to the theme- but I just have to ask, it's eating away at me: What is Chrissy wearing, and is it available anywhere? ^__^,
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:57 PM
Wonderful job Sophie-David ! It's there and really it's amazing ! Bravo !
Good luck in the contest and a lot of thanks !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 4:33 PM
WOW! Thanks!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 6:16 PM
Thank you so much for all the encouragement!

Quote: Originally posted by leeda618
Thank you so much for making it Castaway compatable I love the story games. The mirrors really are beautiful to look at.
Yes, I admit I really have a soft spot for Castaway in particular. I was getting quite frustrated at having the ability to make the age potion in the cauldron, but no indication of when to use it. Dr. John in the picture above will be exchanging the potion in barter with other castaways and residents. Of course I could just use the standard aspiration reward, but its fun to put a bit of a story behind it.

Quote: Originally posted by Nekkidnora
Awesome idea, and great contribution to the theme- but I just have to ask, it's eating away at me: What is Chrissy wearing, and is it available anywhere? ^__^,
Chrissy is a RenGal from The Dark Project. If you scroll down to Post #7, her clothes are being worn by the woman second from the left in the main picture. The outfit was made by Alexasrosa.

Chrissy works in a sweat shop all day, making fancy clothing that she herself cannot afford - very typical of the industrial poor in this period, and of course still true in many parts of the world. She labours at a Fashion Station made by Katie of PCSims Mod Board, now found in that section of the Sims2 Graveyard under business-type-stuff. Luckily Chrissy delights in her work: as a Fortune Sim she is either making money for her boss or creating masterpieces that keep her continually in the platinum zone.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 8:28 PM
Another great idea! Mirrors that reflect not only a sim's outer aspect, but also lay bare his/her little electronic soul. Very creative.

I'm no longer active here. My latest creations can be found here:

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Apr 2008 at 9:41 PM
Thank you so much, these are amazing! Perfect for alot of my sims, lol.
Great job!
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 4:39 AM
Thank you Jason and ForestBalrog (what a neat name!)

The mirrors were significantly upgraded today, now with an improved mesh and full FreeTime aspiration support.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:34 PM
What a fantastic idea! I love these & just downloaded for my game. I do have a question though.

In your descriptions under "A Baker's Dozen...", item number 8, you list Death Angel & Spirit of the Lamb as paranormals. What exactly are these? I would guess Death Angel to be the Grim Reaper?, but have no idea what/who Spirit of the Lamb would be (in the game). Could you please explain as my curiosity has the best of me.

Great job on this project and thanks for sharing with us!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 8:56 PM
Yes, the Grim Reaper is the Death Angel. "Spirit of the Lamb" would have been an interesting title, but it actually does say "Spirit of the Lamp", which is the FreeTime Genie. I wanted an interesting title for each of these paranormals rather than simply repeating the game's name for them, e.g. "Grim Reaper the Grim Reaper".

I discovered quite a bit of interesting trivia while game testing. For example, the Grim Reaper may be male or female, but despite appearances to the contrary the Hula Zombie is always male. All Orangutans are female, all Penguins are male.

If I have missed any species or paranormals please let me know. Of course I can only support beings who actually appear during regular game play and can be scanned as separate entities. For example the caged birds and womrats always seem to be associated with their cages and do not have a separate existence as game objects.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 11:42 PM
Sophie! great job indeed! I am impatient to test it in game! brava!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 7:34 AM
You are amazing!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Yes, the Grim Reaper is the Death Angel. "Spirit of the Lamb" would have been an interesting title, but it actually does say "Spirit of the Lamp", which is the FreeTime Genie. I wanted an interesting title for each of these paranormals rather than simply repeating the game's name for them, e.g. "Grim Reaper the Grim Reaper".

I discovered quite a bit of interesting trivia while game testing. For example, the Grim Reaper may be male or female, but despite appearances to the contrary the Hula Zombie is always male. All Orangutans are female, all Penguins are male.

If I have missed any species or paranormals please let me know. Of course I can only support beings who actually appear during regular game play and can be scanned as separate entities. For example the caged birds and womrats always seem to be associated with their cages and do not have a separate existence as game objects.

My bad, old eyes were playing tricks on me again, (re: Lamb/Lamp). Now that you cleared it up for me, I agree that "Spirit of the Lamp" is a nice alternate name for the Genie. Thanks for the game trivia tidbits too...those were all things I didn't know before now. :D

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Page 1 of 2