Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rough Scotch Collies and Puppies in Eight Colors

by Gabihime Posted 4th May 2008 at 9:23 PM - Updated 6th May 2008 at 2:24 AM by Gabihime

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2008 at 8:05 PM
Your collies are so beautiful! And the idea of making "puppies" is great! Thanks for all your hard work. Will d/l when home!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th May 2008 at 1:46 AM
Very cool. I don't know if I'm just pet-inept but I could never find how to do the blaze on the forehead. These collies look substantially like my Mini Aussie 'Griffin' and I'll definitely be using them as a prototype for his Sim-dog-self

My one request would be that you put all of the colors into one file - QXpress doesn't work and is no longer on this site, so downloading fifteen files one by one is kind of painful.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th May 2008 at 3:16 AM
I don't actually love collies but I loved yours!!! They have a great resemblance! Specially the side views... And I absolutely adore the puppies... =)

... And music is my aeroplane.
Alchemist
#5 Old 7th May 2008 at 7:05 AM
Fantastic! Really makes me wanna play Pets again! Thanks,
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th May 2008 at 2:03 PM
I have shelties, and have been working on this very thing, in miniature . Yours are all so lovely!

I'd gotten the tri-colors, bi-blacks, pure-for-sable and a sable merle and was testing color inheritance of the layers in-game. I wound up with dilute tri colors when I crossed pure-for-sable with tri :/

When your collies breed in game, is the color inheriting the way you wanted? I'll have to try them myself :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th May 2008 at 7:30 PM
I LOVE Collies! You just dropped an entire "bucket of awesome" on MTS2's downloads section today! FANTASTIC job on these! Please tell me you'll be doing other breeds!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th May 2008 at 10:19 PM
These are just gorgeous! I had a beautiful tri-color collie when I was little that I still miss now, 25+ years later. I've had to become a crazy cat lady since I don't have a house and room for an energetic collie but I want one as soon as possible.

I also love what you've done with the puppies, clearly a lot of love and work went into these
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2008 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaBlackX
I LOVE Collies! You just dropped an entire "bucket of awesome" on MTS2's downloads section today! FANTASTIC job on these! Please tell me you'll be doing other breeds!

Thank you! I definitely want to try to do a set of welsh collies, since they're a traditional breed that's often overlooked despite the fact that they're excellent working, farm, and family dogs. I love Borders too, but they're so popular now that I imagine that someone has already done accurate ones.

I wanted my collies to look like real collies, but also to fit into the sim world, with the way that my sims look. Since my sims have large eyes and cute faces generally, I wanted my dogs to match, which is why my collies have larger than strictly "realistic" eyes

I love corgis too, but I did manage to find a great corgi body on the exchange, which was a win for me. I love merle and sable anything, basically XD.

As for putting up a file with all of the dogs in one, you're right, I should go ahead and do that. I didn't realize how comparatively small pet files are when I made them all separate, especially since it looks like just about everyone who downloads one of the adult dogs downloads all of them. More collies means more love, right?

Anyway, thanks everybody for your kind words. It really means a lot to me! If there's interest I'll definitely try to work on doing more dogs (or maybe, as I am an apartment dweller, some of my favorite cat breeds).

I don't know if my dogs inherit colors truly or not, since I'm not really sure how the genetic inheritance is governed in pets, if it's Mendelian or partially dominant or what. If you have any success breeding colors, please tell me what you find! I'd love to share it. I've been creating so much recently I haven't actually had a chance to raise any puppies.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:49 AM
Wow, a great huge bunch of Collies plus lots of information and a rescue link! They're my favourite breed. Thanks for these Gabihime! I do have a Collie in my Nintendogs too! :D

YouTube? Check out my channel: AlphaWolfKodi
Interested in Balto? Balto Home

"A bone to a dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog." -Jack London
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th May 2008 at 2:43 PM
Nice work and I do love them, however scotch is the drink.

Facts are meaningless they can be used to prove anything
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th May 2008 at 10:40 AM
Thanks! I love them, they're gorgeous! We don't have Collies but Shelties (Shetland Sheepdogs) :D
I didn't manage to make them in the Sims But now the collie is the replacement
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th May 2008 at 12:19 AM
Great idea to make puppies looks as adults! yes I know they are not real puppies, but who cares? It always bothers me that that maxis puppies has nothing in comum with their parents, lol...
I also would like to thank you so much to bring some attention to rescue dogs; as a vet, I've seen more than I can handle already...there is a sad side in my profession there most people are not aware of; lots and lots of wonderful dogs with nowhere to go ...so thanks a lot for bringing this up and for the wonderful dogs you had made!

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 3:39 AM
These are beutiful, i luv all types of collies, although i prefer Border collies since i had one, but i luv all dogs in general, and the way you created these captures the true unique and elegance of the breed, beutiful job. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 4:48 AM
Aww they're so cute! Thank you very much for these!!

I've never actually had this breed of dog .. Heh .. except in game of course. The main types of dogs that I grew up with were American Pit bull Terriers, and Chows. Despite their bad rep, my pit bulls were Angels. I took care of them from the time they were born, until I moved out of my parent's house. <3 Now I just have a Red-point mix… (Siamese mix), he's an off-white cat with strawberry-blonde Siamese markings, faded tabby stripes & blue eyes. He likes to sit on my chest and meow in my face when I am sleeping, to wake me up if he wants something… Just like a guy to whine hahaha.... O_o

"Lead me not in to temptation I can find it my self"
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:46 PM
We got a collie puppy a few months ago and the Golden and White collie looks really similar to her, and I was having a hard time making a collie that looked like my Meg. You did it though! I just have to do a little tweaking and I'll have my Meg in game. I really appreciate it!

Pics of my collie:
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k...rrent=Meg-1.png
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k...nt=IMG_0452.jpg
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k...nt=IMG_0423.jpg
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k...nt=IMG_0547.jpg
(last one is with her friend)

Your collies look great, thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:29 AM
Thanks so much I grew up with the whole Collie/Border Collie/Austrailian Shepherd herding breeds too and I hate the maxis skins for them so its nice to see a different one in game, anyways these are so great thanks again.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:06 AM
Great job!! Takes me back to when I was a kid and had a Rough Collie(Like Lassie but without the white on the snout). Best damn dog EVER!!!!!

"Hope your apple pie is freakin worth it"

"Dude I full on Swayze'd that mother"

-Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 8:37 PM
thanks so very much for the great looking dogs
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:28 PM
So these are rough Scottish Collies, right? I met this one smooth one and he looks half-way between a rough collie and a pharaoh hound.