Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resized Seasons Adventurer Career Reward - Now table-deco sized - Updated 2008/05/27

by Lord Darcy Posted 8th May 2008 at 3:20 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:10 AM by Lord Darcy : AL Compatibility

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th May 2008 at 6:02 PM
What a great idea! I've always hated that monstrous statue!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th May 2008 at 6:30 PM
OH my god, I love you. *glee*
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th May 2008 at 6:37 PM
Cool...thanks very much!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th May 2008 at 7:06 PM
I love love love you. *dance* Linked with your recolors I grabbed yesterday, this career reward is actually usable!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2008 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeredithDerek
That's better than the in-game one, anyone who know if it's actually usable or just decoration?

As this fix affects only appearance of the reward, it does not affect motive boost function in any way. The resized reward will continue to work as a motive booster.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th May 2008 at 8:45 AM
Wonderful, I like to place it near their workout and fitness area, they can do a little longer with it, thanks for the resizing!
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:36 AM
This is amazing, i didn't want to put the big ones anywhere but this is perfect for decorative perposes
transmogrified
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th May 2008 at 5:27 PM
Oh, thank you. I love the benefits of this reward item, but it looked ludicrous in my Sims' bedrooms. I was going to ask in your recolor thread if you would consider doing an invisible recolor, but this is better!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th May 2008 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I was going to ask in your recolor thread if you would consider doing an invisible recolor, but this is better!

Before I came upon this idea, I was actually using an invisible recolor. But it leaves ugly big shadows on the ground, and the golden glow effect won't disappear. Not worth to share with other people.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st May 2008 at 6:17 PM
Can't believe I've only just found this. This is great, I like the tiki statue but it was far too big to put anywhere. Thanks alot. :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th May 2008 at 5:59 PM
This mod makes a lot of sense to me, especially when your Sim's house isn't particularly large. Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th May 2008 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:19 AM.
2008-05-27: v1.0a - A minor update to adjust placement setting a bit. Sims will no longer walk through the statue when it's placed on the ground. You may have to Force Error (shift-click on the tiki reward with debug mode on) and Reset (NOT Delete - you'll lose your tiki reward!) for it to pick up the change.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 4:14 AM
*another smooch* for you!!! Thank you so much!
skye
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 1:27 AM
Awesome!! No more obnoxiously huge statue ^^
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 4:33 PM
Awesomely cool. Question: Does this overwrite the original in-game? Or can I have this one and keep the big one also? (The big one is is currently looking very menacing, hulking in one corner of my Indiana Jones Sim's living room.)

If it overwrites, it's no big deal; I'll just put it on his mantle instead. I was just wondering.

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charleeheart
Does this overwrite the original in-game?
Yes, it's a default replacement mesh, not a separate object.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 5:22 AM
Did I forget to say how fantastic this is? Not only does the big idol get in the way, it looks fairly rubbish at that size. This version is both convenient and a nice-looking piece of junk to have around the house - thank you and thank you again, Lord Darcy!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 5:55 AM
Thank you. That other monstrosity was utterly useless and, as you stated, didn't really go anywhere.
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:21 PM
Awww, while the huge version was hideous and overly large, still I didn't mind the size...and I once had ten of the original monstrosities lined up across from each other--making a veritable hallway of motive stabilization.

Still, I'll probably d/l this hack and use it. I could use the space-saving feature! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:33 PM
Thank You
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th May 2016 at 11:47 PM
I didn't know I needed this until I saw it, and then I went.... "Wow, that is SUPER clever to just re-size the thing!" Thank you so very, very much!