Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Creatures' Skins Unlocked *07/25/08 PLEASE REDOWNLOAD*

by treeag Posted 8th May 2008 at 6:23 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 5:15 PM by treeag

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th May 2008 at 6:45 PM
Awesome. I never succeed to have creatures sims in my game without using hacks.
Thank you very much!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:46 PM
This is really cool. Now these skins will show up a lot more in my neighbourhood! Thanks.

But one question: what's debug mode?
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:46 PM
Exelent! does it come with the coresponding hair/ eyes? Did you also unlock the vampire skin/make up?

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:50 PM
This is awesome!!!! I have always wanted to make alien sims from scratch but couldn't. Question: Will the sims that are created in CAS be alien or lycan etc. ?
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th May 2008 at 7:55 PM
Avaluna: Debug mode is boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and Ctrl-M I think to enable before CAS, and Ctrl-N to disable.

I love thes, but if I remember right the mannequin skin has no baby form and can cause game crash when they have a baby?
Instructor
#7 Old 8th May 2008 at 8:44 PM
and if we use default replacements will they show up as replacements or maxis originals?
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2008 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bamboohouse
love thes, but if I remember right the mannequin skin has no baby form and can cause game crash when they have a baby?

Yes, and most likely WILL crash. This is a really neat idea, but I wouldn't let any sims breed unless there is an infant skin. (Which would be only the alien, if memory serves.)

Click this.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2008 at 11:21 AM
Oops. I totally forgot about infants. I'm adding the infant skins with the textures pulled from the toddlers' and will have them up within a few hours.

cheeroke, it depends on how the default replacements were made. If they're simply replacing Maxis' textures, then I guess the replacements will show up. Mind you I don't have any default replacements so I can't test it myself.

Vyse, no they won't actually be a werewolf or anything, it's just the skintone.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Oops. I totally forgot about infants. I'm adding the infant skins with the textures pulled from the toddlers' and will have them up within a few hours.

cheeroke, it depends on how the default replacements were made. If they're simply replacing Maxis' textures, then I guess the replacements will show up. Mind you I don't have any default replacements so I can't test it myself.

Vyse, no they won't actually be a werewolf or anything, it's just the skintone.

Whatever. It's still a great idea! Who knows, maybe you can find a way to make the sims who have these skins to have characteristics of the races.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:56 PM
Well if you want an easy way to transform a sim to a certain creature you can use my Sim Transformer.

Anyway it's updated, please redownload, especially if you're planning on breeding sims with these skins on.

I have some screenies of the babies but it won't let me upload any new pics right now, have no idea why. It kept giving me an error "You may only attach one unique filename to each post. You need to only attach one type of file zip OR rar and not both." despite the fact that I don't have any other pics with the same name. I've triple checked, they're jpeg files and less than 150 kb, I don't know why it wouldn't work.

To be clear, the files ARE updated. It's just the new screenies of infants that will be uploaded later.
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th May 2008 at 3:52 PM
What's about Genetic? Is it like using the "orignial" alienskin in debug mode?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th May 2008 at 5:50 PM
Thank you!
and a little question:how can I get Wilt Plantsim skintone in gameplay without downloading your skintones?

One day you're gonna wake up and realize how much you care for her--
And when that day comes she'll be waking up next to the boy who already knew.
--Anonymous
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th May 2008 at 11:42 PM
So just to make sure, if one of these sims has a baby, my game won't crash, correct?

i <3 simstwooo.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th May 2008 at 3:30 AM
Correct. I've tested all of them in game and it didn't crash. Let me know if you have any problem.
Screenshots
Theorist
#16 Old 10th May 2008 at 1:46 PM
I don't have pets, But If I d/l the werewolf cc skin, will it show?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th May 2008 at 3:37 PM
What do you mean by werewolf CC skin? A default replacement skintones for werewolves?
Theorist
#18 Old 10th May 2008 at 5:41 PM
the werewolf texture that you unlocked, instead of using the Texture grabbing ones (that have no cc star)

Sorry about that!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th May 2008 at 6:23 PM
Oh sorry. No, it won't. You need corresponding EP for the skins. The version that have the CC star and EP icon is actually the same, both versions pull the textures from the game files. It's just that the game handles them differently.

For some reason, if I made the skins to bear appropriate EP icon, it won't show up in CAS without activating the debug mode. That's why I offered the CC star version too since not everybody play with debug mode on. I myself prefer the ones with appropriate EP icons because I always play in debug mode.
Theorist
#20 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:28 PM
Oh well, You couldn't just make a skin file in bodyshop then? Nah, Its ok, I'll live!

Thanks for getting the others out though!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:41 AM
Well, I can, but isn't it against the rules? To make a certain feature from an EP available for those without the EP? Another reason is because if I include the textures in the package file, it'll be too bloated for my liking since that means I'm duplicating the textures that already available in the game files.
Theorist
#22 Old 11th May 2008 at 1:03 PM
It probably is, Oh well!
Just on a side note, Whats the chance of unlocking the Plantsim Hair?
and also the alien & vampire eyes?
I'm feeling thats it a continuous cycle going on here!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th May 2008 at 1:51 AM
i was wondering if the mannequin skin correctly showed a werewolf transformance seeing as it's an in-game skin and not custom.
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th May 2008 at 7:57 AM
Thanks for this. I've always needed defult alien and zombie skins!

The champ is here!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:49 AM
Wow, But will there be the eyes?
Page 1 of 4