Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Name Replacements for Townies and NPCs! (Goodbye Goopy!)

by CarmeeKitty Posted 8th May 2008 at 11:54 PM - Updated 2nd Nov 2008 at 2:53 AM by Phaenoh : fixed a link ;)

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th May 2008 at 3:55 PM
*dances* hells yeah :D:D:D

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th May 2008 at 5:44 PM
Squee! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th May 2008 at 6:07 PM
Wonderful! and I love the names you came up with. Really nice variety, thank you.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th May 2008 at 6:19 PM
Nice - thanks
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th May 2008 at 7:54 PM
Thanks so much!! This is all I was missing from my medieval hoods!! THANK YOU!!!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th May 2008 at 8:56 PM
This is wonderful!
And with all the posts and threads that complain about Maxis Townie names, you actually needed encouragement to upload it? Oy.
This is FANTASTIC!

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:03 PM
Replacement names, meet my downloads folder. I'm sure you will be very happy with each other. <3

These names are a thousand times better than the Maxis ones! I can't thank you enough for sharing! This will add so much to my game, and I really appreciate all the hard work that went into it. :D
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:52 PM
Now you are official Kitty, you are a Creator. How does it feel?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:49 PM
Thank you for the replies, everyone! I hope you enjoy your newly named townies!
-excited- This is my first upload, I wasn't even sure I was going to get comments! Thank you for the feedback!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:50 PM
-dances- It feels...wonderful! I'm glad I could finally share something with you guys.
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:30 PM
I don't even have anything medieval in my game, but these names are SO much better than Goopy! I mean, seriously, who did that? Great job and THANK YOU for sharing!
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:54 PM
I like it,but where will i put dis file??
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th May 2008 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CarmeeKitty
Installation is easy; simply unrar and place the file in your Downloads folder.
Did you not read? It goes in your DOWNLOADS folder, just like EVERYTHING ELSE.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th May 2008 at 1:08 AM
Holy crap on a stick you need better comments than some of this spam >>

VERY cool! I'm a medieval and renaissance addict and I love the traditional European names. I also like that you used original spellings.

I definitely can't wait to see the project that you guys are working on, if you upload parts or the whole thing - it seems unreal ^_^

Great job.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th May 2008 at 1:29 AM
Thank you for the comment! I'm glad you like the names, and I hope they prove to be useful in your game!

^_^ Nice comments make my day!
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th May 2008 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jadedicara
I definitely can't wait to see the project that you guys are working on, if you upload parts or the whole thing - it seems unreal
Most of it is just for us and not easily transferable, so there won't be much uploaded, but I'm writing everything down in my journal so you can do the same thing too if you want to. I'll probably be releasing some more mods for this project, but there won't be much.
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th May 2008 at 2:53 AM
if only we could easily change the townies.......
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th May 2008 at 3:22 AM
if only we could easily change the townies.......
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th May 2008 at 6:22 PM
Well...

If you kill them off, the game automatically spawns new ones which possess my new names! Or, you could keep the original set of townies, and spawn the Townie/NPC Creator from the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat and then you'll have two sets of townies...I don't know if you want that many townies in your game, though.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 16th May 2008 at 5:02 AM
THANK YOU!!!!
I love this!
So usefull for authentic medieval names, and just generally less stupid names too, lol.
Makes me want to start a new hood.
And you used my outfit in your pic<3<3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th May 2008 at 6:45 PM
Thank YOU for the comment! I hope you enjoy the new names in your game!

Yeah, it's a very nice outfit. ^_^ I love all your medieval things, they all really expand my medieval AnyGame! :D
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th May 2008 at 12:12 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st May 2008 at 9:02 PM
I don't have a Medievil Neighborhood, but these names are going in my game! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th May 2008 at 9:52 PM
w00t!!!

I think everybody should like everybody. ~Andy Worhol (Go Pittsburgh!!)

98% of teens have drank or been around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

"I don't want to do good things, I want to do great things." -- Lex Luthor
Page 1 of 2