Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Any Shape Edged Mats

by Srikandi Posted 13th May 2008 at 4:54 AM - Updated 25th May 2008 at 12:06 AM by Srikandi

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th May 2008 at 1:55 PM
This is so stylish! A nifty idea, thanks,
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th May 2008 at 2:37 PM
Oh these are awesome! Thanks so much! These will work great on a holiday lot of mine!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:56 PM
There are really nice! Thanks so much!

I dunno about slipping- if I want a diagonal floor bit, I put up a bit of diagonal wall, add floor, then remove the wall.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th May 2008 at 6:31 PM
This is super awesome.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2008 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hinoemasim
There are really nice! Thanks so much!

I dunno about slipping- if I want a diagonal floor bit, I put up a bit of diagonal wall, add floor, then remove the wall.

Ah true, and of course you don't need a recent EP to do it that way.

The Ctrl-F method is a lil faster though
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th May 2008 at 7:12 PM
These are great! One request though, do you think you can make one that has the edge seams down three of the edges? That way you can take two of them and have the edgeless sides facing each other and make yourself a nice little two-tile mat? It would be great to use in front of double-doors.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th May 2008 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
These are great! One request though, do you think you can make one that has the edge seams down three of the edges? That way you can take two of them and have the edgeless sides facing each other and make yourself a nice little two-tile mat? It would be great to use in front of double-doors.

That's a good idea!
This is very nice! Thank you.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:28 AM

Eh sure I thought of it, but the tile types start to multiply... if I make one with three edges, I'll need one with two edges on opposite sides as well... for long hall runners

I'll get on it though; you're right, small mats are always handy (for bathmats and bedside mats too!)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th May 2008 at 7:06 PM
Very nice, these are great to have & will work well with my beach homes...perfect!!
Thank you ~
Forum Resident
#11 Old 17th May 2008 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Eh sure I thought of it, but the tile types start to multiply... if I make one with three edges, I'll need one with two edges on opposite sides as well... for long hall runners

I'll get on it though; you're right, small mats are always handy (for bathmats and bedside mats too!)

You have created a monster!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2008 at 9:22 AM
You have created a monster!

QFT I've done three more tiles: three edges, two opposite edges, and X-edges (through the middle, allowing you to clip to make points for narrow mats and runners, among other things).

With these there are WAY more funky pattern possibilities

Just need to rename all the files and get em uploaded, and that might not happen till tomorrow, cause I'm tired!