Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Craftmeister double bed, texture borrowing and Pets enabled

by plasticbox Posted 13th May 2008 at 2:59 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 11:13 PM by whitesiren

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:28 PM
To be honest this is a very nice looking bed. I really do like this hope you make alot of re-colors and such for it as well!!

Hope to be making new downloads for sims3.

2Wayne
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:32 PM
Yay, thanks! This kind of well-made, Maxis match stuff is always much appreciated.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:53 PM
Wayne24, there are tons of recolours already -- check out the PiggiSims site linked in the OP, for example.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:51 PM
Terrific! Bless you for making it borrow textures
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 13th May 2008 at 6:25 PM
Thanks for giving it a reasonable price and appropriate comfort levels for that price. My less affluent sims need their cheap furniture. And thanks for doing a thorough job with Pets enabling and texture pulling. Very nice. I'll report if I have any problems with Pets.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#7 Old 13th May 2008 at 8:11 PM
great thank you. IF you have time can you eventually do this for FP's other beds?
thanks
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th May 2008 at 6:54 PM
Thank you very much!! I missed a version, which pulls textures from the original AND is Pets compatible! GREAT!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th May 2008 at 6:20 PM
I downloaded the bed (thanks for making it, it looks really nice) for all my sims to buy when they shop for a double bed. I have placed it in several of my houses. I have had some issues with it though. In one house it suddenly turned blue. I had to delete it and buy a new one from the game before it turned normal in colour. In two other households the sims started "jumping" back (not from the bed, but in general) over and over when they where just standing. I finally found out that this happend as soon as I unloaded the bed from their inventory when they came home after buying it at the store. When I deleted the bed and bought a new one from the game (Maxis bed), they stopped "jumping".
Don't know why this happens.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th May 2008 at 7:31 PM
pepsihamster,

thanks for letting me know -- I'll see if I can reproduce this next time I'm in my game. Are you using the base or the Pets version?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st May 2008 at 5:07 PM
I am using the pets version. And as I said its not with every household who has the bed, that problems have come up. Just with some of them, so far. I really like the look of this bed though.
Also, I don't know if this matters, the bedding was a maxis recolour. I have used that bedding on many other beds though, never an issue with it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 2:56 PM
Just fyi, pepsihamster:

I've seen a post in Help in the meantime about how beds (maxis ones too, not just custom) sometimes become glitchy after having been moved between lots in an inventory -- which reminded me that this is an old game bug, I've had it myself. For a while it was really persistent and consistently broke *every* bed in my game .. it seems to have been at least partly fixed by a patch or an upgrade or a hack, because I don't remember getting it the last few times I moved households.

Anyhow, I guess that's the reason, since you say you've bought it at a business. You should be able to just delete and re-buy the *same* bed again, it should work then.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 9:11 AM Last edited by pepsihamster : 24th Jun 2008 at 10:18 AM.
Thanks for the info, plasticbox. :-)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 2:53 PM
good one

Hee - hee, Aaow~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:58 AM
thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:01 AM
Awesome, thank you! I always wondered why they left items like this out!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 4:42 AM
Thank you